What is your idea of the best carry gun(s) and why?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by greg_r, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I go where I want to go too...but then, I’ve never wanted to go to crap hole place where the bad guys are a worry, so that’s cool.

I don’t intend to let the criminal element have a chance to ruin my life.

Dubar and ekim like this.
  2. Poppa Mike

Poppa Mike Member

Unfortunately my shirts (3xl) are form fitting too, just not intentionally!

harleyboy65, adam01364 and Think1st like this.

3. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

untitled3.png
    Ah got it. I can still do appendix and wear "nice clothes". Thunderwear. Great gear, full sized pistols and you can wear "nice" clothes.

Think1st likes this.
  4. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I mean, I don't WANNA go somewhere crappy but cars break down, you make a wrong left turn, get lost in a new city. I'm a S&*T Happens type of guy. Breaking out The Boy Scout Motto: Be Prepared.

ajole likes this.
  5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Dane mentioned Thunderwear.

6. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I have a 9mm FMK 9c1G2 which I got for my EDC. I also have a Bersa Thunder .380 Plus.

The FMK weighs 24.5oz unloaded, the Bersa weighs 21.6oz. I could have sworn the Bersa weighed more but I just weighed them to be sure.

FMK is larger but polymer, the Bersa is smaller and metal.

The FMK currently holds only 10 rounds but I recently ordered 2 14rnd mags. The Bersa holds 15rnds (grip is thick).

I only have an owb holster for the FMK, currently using a pocket holster for the Bersa.

FMK shoots fine and feels comfortable on my hip. The Bersa also shoots fine, but feels heavy, could be the pocket holster I'm using.

I like them both, but I can't get used to the pocket holster. What's the secret, more practice?

Also have a Taurus 709 Slim, probably the best (size-wise) of the 3 for carrying but I like the way the larger guns fit/shoot.

Right now I'm carrying the FMK. I've had an unusual number of doorknockers coming to the house lately.

FMK
    17.JPG
    Bersa
    21.JPG
    Taurus
    03_01.JPG

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  7. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    IMG_0161.jpg
    do you have a pistol in your pocket? or glad to see me! haha

I bought this rig about 10 years ago, but I don't really like it when sitting down.

8. Think1st

Florida
    Is the pocket carry uncomfortable, or does it feel like the handgun isn't fitting into your pocket properly? If it is the former, you just get used to it after a while. If it is the latter, you may have to decide if your chosen handgun and the pockets of your pants are compatible.

One thing to remember when pocket carrying is to keep a belt on and properly tensioned. If you don't, the weight of the pistol could still drag your pants down a bit, making it seem awkward. You still want to keep it balanced.

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    You could wear cargo shorts with a pocket cut out to allow access to a leg holster. Something like this:

[​IMG]

Think1st and Rerun like this.
  10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

looks like it would chafe.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Many different styles available

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Pretty decent video from some former mil dude on concealed carry

Bertus likes this.
  13. Think1st

Florida
    I much prefer my traditional carry method, but my wife could sure use that rig. She's talked about getting something so she can carry lije that in a dress.

14. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

LOL, You first!!!

I think that's the answer.

Think1st likes this.
  15. Dubar, Did you install the FMK Fast Action Trigger kit into your FMK? If not, I have three left from my gun shop auction, new in packaging. I've got 'em up on and ebay auction (where my user name is also adam01364). But I will give forum members a much better deal which I've posted in the sale listings.

16. Think1st

Florida
    That deserves an extra bump.:rotfl:

17. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Sure did, I got the 804 trigger, the DOA trigger sux, trigger pull was awful.

For anyone who owns a 9c1G2 with a DOA trigger, take him up on this, the Fast Action Trigger is great and easy to install, remove 2 pins, pull the old one out and drop the new one in.

I really like the FMK, thinking about getting another in crimson/brick red.

adam01364 likes this.
  18. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    Freedom Fighter Package

[​IMG]

19. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    I like the crimson/brick red too. also the second one from the left on the top row.
    [​IMG]

20. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

With the 804 trigger it's a good shooter. I saw 1 crimson red one at a show but they wanted way too much for it.

The one thing I haven't gotten used to yet is, it has no safeties on it except don't pull the trigger. Some of the other handguns I have it seems like you need a "Mother May I" to get them to fire :yikes:

One of my buds has one, but he keeps limp-wristing the thing, doesn't like that at all. His has the Bill Of Rights etched on it.

What gets me is they're made in CA!!!

I haven't read any reports about the Freedom Fighter package though, might have to look to see what folks are saying.