What is your idea of the best carry gun(s) and why?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by greg_r, Apr 11, 2019.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Unfortunately he goes all fanboi on holsters in another video and why he never buys a holster for less then $80 blah blah blah......:rolleyes:

2. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Its pretty decent

3. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

It can make you look like youre "packing meat, not a gun. I like it for elastic banded clothes like shorts or sweat pants

Bertus likes this.
  4. RCS

RCS Likes guns and good people. Mean people suck. Member

My new-ish CC is a Sig P938, SAS and the Model 37 now and then I've had for a while.

Why? The SIG is very easy to carry, is very well made, has enough power for me, is very accurate for a 3" barrel, is safe, and after well over a thousand rounds through it now, it has not a single malfunction of any kind. The spousal unit likes it so I gave it to her and bought me another one which is being broken in now. It too hasn't failed in over 500 rounds now. The model 37 is a gun that's easy to conceal and I just like it and am used to the recoil.

We've been at the family farm for two weeks (including the time I've been banned from here...oh wow!) and brought about 4000 rounds of various calibers not counting 22LR so there's some shooting going on. Won't leave for another week. Again, the why's.....because they work, they're "our idea of the best cc guns", are easily concealed and we just like them. Liking them is the main reason. We don't care what our guns cost because we just like them so they're "the best" for us. Be careful out there.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  5. GrumpyOlMan

GrumpyOlMan Member

Let's see.... my Idea of the perfect ccw..... Smith model 29-2 in .44mag, RIA 10mm, Rem. enhanced.45acp, colt python .38, RIA 9mm/.22TCM, MossbergMc1sc 9mm. FN 5.7x28mm, or whatever else I pull out of the safe......'CAUSE SUMPEM IS BETTER THAN NUTTIN!

fatal-bert33 and RCS like this.
  6. GrumpyOlMan

GrumpyOlMan Member

I'had a Weihrauch Windicator snubby in .357 and the gun is actually pretty decent to shoot and very accurate. It's basically a german tank, lol. The gun is too heavy for me to carry so I sold it to a rather large lady who is deadly with it and carries it in her purse.

7. RCS

Moral to these stories is don't fuck with people....at least where I live. They have guns on them. People do it anyway and then, they get shot. That is probably a real hassle with all the paperwork and stuff afterwards.....

Newman31B likes this.
  8. Rerun

Rerun Member

For more than thirty years, my almost constant companion has been my Taurus model 85 3" SS 5-shot .38 Special revolver.
    Occasionally, I'd carry a Charter Arms Off Duty .38 Special.
    From time to time, I'd carry a Bersa .380.

eldar

fatal-bert33 and Bertus like this.
  9. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    P95 in a shoulder holster has been my preferred sidearm lately:)
    IMG_0918.jpg

Dubar, SWAGA, greg_r and 2 others like this.
  10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    For like, a week....:rolleyes:

That's a good looking rig Bertus.:thumbsup:

greg_r, undeRGRound and Bertus like this.
  11. RCS

Just sitting here "thinking'. One of the best carry guns might be a Hi Point 995. It doesn't look like a "gun". Just tell a cop it's an air tool used to remove truck lug nuts......

12. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Well, now I want me one of those holsters. Thanks Bertus, not like I haven’t already spent too munch money this month.......

undeRGRound and Bertus like this.
  13. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    By the way, the holster is made by Galco but I bought it off the Ruger site about 14 years ago. I have not looked, but they might not offer it anymore.

14. I loved to carry my KARH CM9. That was probably my number one favorite CCW. Im a huge KARH fan cause of the design and DAO trigger. I love carrying a nice 1911 as well. Lately i carry a Sig Pro 2022 and i have been for years now, i really love that pistol too.

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Talking to my cousin, LEO, FFL, confirmed Glock fanboi....converted to Sig and CZ. He’s carrying a P365 off duty and BUG, and going to a P320 or a P-10 for his next duty weapon.

16. Beowolf1911

Beowolf1911 Member

I’ve carried a RIA officer’s model 1911 for about 10 years now. I really like the gun but I’ve finally come around that the 9mm is just a superior round. The bore offset it lower on a 9mm, the capacity and the weight are better and the profile can be smaller. I won’t get rid of the 1911 it’s fun and reliable but I will mostly likely be replacing it as an edc with either a Glock 43 or a sig 365.

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I would go Sig over the Glock 43. Too big for the small capacity. I am wondering about the striker fired SCCY. After the BETA testing it might be a good alternative.

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I can agree with his thoughts there. However the XDS? Nope.

19. SevenPines

SevenPines LEGAL American male with guns. Member

Kimber Micro 9. Just a pocket gun. Similar quality to Sig P938 if not less. In hindsight, I would have gotten the Sig. Just my opinion.