Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Class 3, NFA and Tax Stamps are all terms I have become very familiar with lately. Ol' Krippp is about to be slinging 8mm Mauser lead downrange at a few hundred rounds per mintue very soon. Something about a "Zipper" comes to mind. I have damn near sold my soul to the devil for the gun I am about to bring home. I have been patiently waiting for all the planets to align as far as the importer and govt. regulations go and I found out yesterday that my purchase and ownership is approved and I will be taking an original MG42 home with me next week. That explains why some of you have seen some of my favorite guns for sale lately. My version is complete with 2 extra barrels, 3 ammo cans, belts and an additional armorers kit complete in it's original case. It was either a Mercedes or this gun lol........I think I have chosen wisely.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Congratulations! You have chosen wisely.

BUT:

:postpics:

LOL

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
OK, be like that :devilsidesmile: Now I have to google to see what I know we'll all be jealous of.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
OK. It's official. Were jealous, not just garden variety jealous but the crazy, insane, seeing red kind of jealous. Oh you lucky guy!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ya know Krippp you gave me another reason to hate you damn it :D :D :D :D :D :D
Well done my friend, when do we get to come over and try her out, I would make a special trip (and bring ammo) just to have a crack at it.
Please post video's and pic's
Again congratulations Krippp have fun

Jet

One last thing if you don't mind excluding the cost of the MG42 what did the government get you for the tax stamp fees paper work and so on

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Kripp, My friend, I have always loved the zipper gun. It was way ahead of it's time. That gun makes me moist.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Bro, that is effin' amazing. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to leave for border patrol training... I will be able to change what state I am a citizen in, and buy something like this. I was looking at FG42 kits.

Something tells me that your stock pile of 8mm ammo is going to get really small, really fast. lol
At least AIM still has it on the cheap.

Screw pics, I want vids :)

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Pssh, you dont need a stinking mercedes, that thing would saw a mercedes in half. I am the insanely jealous of you. You should put it on your coffee table, would make a nice conversation piece. Lucky guy!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I remembered that I neglected to post the obligatory "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT..."

But this thread is unique: we don't need pics; we need vids. And sound. We need to hear the zipper.

And, well, more info would be really nice!

For instance, what is the life expectancy of barrels? I know that extras were carried into combat for quick changes during battle, but...

... if you limit recreational firing to short bursts, will one barrel last 'forever' (in quotes, where this isn't quite defined). Or is there an expected end-of-life even under careful conditions? Can you hope that the armorers' kit can be kept original, or will minimal firing force you to break out the repair kit?

Just some tech questions that those who will never touch one want to know!

Congratulations, and thanks!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.