Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my little Carolina Skiff in 2018. I grew up freshwater fishing, but have taken on salt water which is all fairly new to me.

I mostly target Snook and Redfish these days

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
None. My FIL is itching for me to get one, but I'll probably just get him a bottle of calamine lotion.

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
If I had money to throw away and infinite time I could get my dad's Glastron 21ft Vagabond camper.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
I'm a freshwater fisherman.
I've built and used small punts or prams most my life - 8 to 10 foot plywood boats. About $250 in materials and epoxy.

Boat Watercraft Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Water

Or,
some flexible long poles, wire ties and a strong tarp:

Shorts Water Sky Grass Leisure

But,
plywood is usually best.
Water Boat Vehicle Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

It takes about a weekend to knock one out, mostly letting the 'poxy and paint to dry.

eldar

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
I've always wanted to build one of these:

Aircraft Aerospace manufacturer Aviation Flap Airplane

WW2 British Cockleshell boat. Collapsible with a canvas skin.

·
Premium Member
4,850 Posts
Dog Sky Watercraft Cloud Boat
works for me

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Mirror Craft Ultra. Dad used it for a striper boat. It was high sided and able to take on the choppy water that Baden Lake can produce in the winter, unlike the common bass boats that will have every other wave coming over the gunnel.

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
I'm a freshwater fisherman.
I've built and used small punts or prams most my life - 8 to 10 foot plywood boats. About $250 in materials and epoxy.

View attachment 70681
Or,
some flexible long poles, wire ties and a strong tarp:

View attachment 70683

But,
plywood is usually best.
View attachment 70685

It takes about a weekend to knock one out,mostly letting the 'poxy and paint to dry.

eldar
I have built my share of 8 to 12 foot john boats. Great for the farm ponds around here. To waterproof them we just used cloth strips painted with tar strips in the seams where the plywood loins.

Reactions: retread and Rerun

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
We have 3. 2 sit ins and 1 sit on top.
I win. Got 4, one sit in, 3 sit ons. The sit in is much faster than the sit ons. But the sit ons are more fun, more versatile.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have 4 sit on tops as well, but the Kayaks haven't got much use since I have the boat now.

1 is a double 14' made by Island Kayaks or something like that lol

I have a 12' Evoke Discovery

A 12' Ascend that I grabbed from bass pro just because I got a super cheap price on it

And a 10' native kayak that someone threw out just because it had a torn seat stral

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
I win. Got 4, one sit in, 3 sit ons. The sit in is much faster than the sit ons. But the sit ons are more fun, more versatile.
I don't like the sit on one's. They suck in waves wind. Remember we always have wind here. Most people start out with sit ons and switch after a year here.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Saw a woman on the news today sliding down the street on the ice. :p It was a sit in.

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
I don't like the sit on one's. They suck in waves wind. Remember we always have wind here. Most people start out with sit ons and switch after a year here.
I'm 50 miles from Wyoming. We get wind.
The sit ons are for swimming. You ARE going to get wet. That's why I have a wetsuit.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
I'm 50 miles from Wyoming. We get wind.
The sit ons are for swimming. You ARE going to get wet. That's why I have a wetsuit.
Really?? Wet??? I'm shocked to find that out. Wetsuit. Please

·
Registered
698 Posts
I was in the Coast Guard and saw plenty of civvie morons in boats. I don't board until I see who's drivin'.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts