what kind of optics are you guys using on your carbines?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by KrautBurner, Nov 8, 2014.

1. factory iron sights are best (it's a Pistol cartridge, you're not shooting that far anyways)

23.5%
  2. red dot (for quick acquisition)

44.1%
  3. plain 4x tactical type scope

8.8%
  4. 3-9x hunting scope (I like precision)

2.9%
  5. just a Laser Pointer for me (no time for sights, I shoot from the hip)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. combo: 4x scope with built in Iron Sights on top

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. combo: 4x scope with a cheap red dot on top

2.9%
  8. combo: Red Dot and multiplier (best of both worlds)

5.9%
  9. other: please fill us in...

11.8%
  1. I've been doing a little looking around

i'm leaning towards a 4x "tactiCOOL" type scope
    preferably one with IRON SIGHTS on top (maybe a plain red dot on top)
    or maybe some see thru scope mounts
    maybe even a set of 45* iron's

what do you guys like?

2. right now,
    as this is a "Budget Build" (on a budget gun)
    I'm leaning towards a cheap combo setup

like this:
    Aim Sports 4x with fiber optic iron sights on top
    http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Scope-...id=1415476868&sr=8-24&keywords=tactical+scope

or this:
    NC Star with a red dot on top
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Tactical...id=1415476868&sr=8-22&keywords=tactical+scope

I like something like this Bushnell with the iron sights on top (but its a 1x and the irons aren't adjustable)
    http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Opti...qid=1415479876&sr=8-7&keywords=tactical+scope

and this TAC Fire
    it's adjustable 3-9x with a red dot on top
    http://www.amazon.com/TacFire-illum...id=1415476735&sr=8-11&keywords=tactical+scope

probably my top choice at this time is this: Sightmark red dot with flip down 3x multiplier for $179
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/sightmark-ultra-shot-sight-qd-digital-switch-red-dot-sight.html

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I had a red dot on mine for awhile but went back to the iron sights which I prefer. If I go back to a scope, it would probably be a "tactical" red dot.

4. Reflex with red and green multiple cross hair designs. Quick and easy to target a wild canine on the attack.

5. I found a video of the Sightmark red dot with flip down 3x multiplier on a Hi-Point TS Carbine
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xglRY0DUQg[/ame]

6. Mine came with a red dot.
    It was fun for awhile but I'm going back to the iron.
    I think the red dot will be better on my daughter's 22 rifle.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Most of my target shooting is between 25 to 50 yards so stock irons do fine on all my stock carbines. This one the irons wouldn't cut it as they were too close together (as a few members suggested it would be) so I tossed on an old scope I picked up for $5 about a year ago. No magnification or batteries. Basically a big ole glass eyeball with two black lines.

Attached Files:

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I LOVE aperture sights.

But my eyes are old.:(

So, I have irons, and tubed red dots, my favorite reflex red dots, and my other favorite, a 1.5-5x20 Simmons scope. The small amount of magnification makes sense on a PCC, and the scope is small and short.

9. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Red dot and laser. the best of both worlds. :D

10. Diamondhead Nite-Brite flip up polymer sights co-witnessed to a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot that sits atop a UTG med height 3 slot riser.
    Notice the lifetime warranty.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

How's the stock holding up on her?.... Still looks badass

12. cicpup

Vermont
    Fiberglas filler I used to mold the front section ended up separating from the polymer. Some 9 minute epoxy re-attached it nicely. Otherwise holding up fine structurally. Finish? Not to much. From disassembling and reassembling some of the black has worn away and the yellow underneath is showing through (especially around the shroud retaining clips). Once I'm fully satisfied with it I'll strip and refinish it in Brownells Aluma-Hyde II flat black. I have 3 10 round mags for it. 2 run perfectly and the 3rd still gives me fits. Still looking for a cheap 15 rounder mainly for display. Otherwise she's extremely comfortable and a dream to shoot.

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Cool!...... Glad she's holding up!

14. cicpup

Vermont
    Gets a lot of ooos & aaahs from visitors. When I tell them it's a Hi-Point they look at me like I'm retarded and tell me to quit effing lying. Then they read the roll mark and ask where they can get one. That's my cue to look at them like they're retarded.

It's tons of fun just having it around.

15. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

I'm running on my 995ts a vortex strikefire gen ll and 7x flip to side magnifier . As for BUIS I'm running 45 deg A2 iron sights

16. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

It's a pistol caliber carbine (PCC), so, iron sights.

I always put a low range scope on my rifles (2-7x).

eldar

17. USMC_VET

here's a couple pics of my set up !!!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. this looks like what I think I'm gonna do

now that you've had it a while,
    do you feel the 7x is the way to go? (it seems a bit strong for a PCC to me)
    I was thinking a 3x (possibly a 5x)

where did you get these?

19. USMC_VET

the set up i'm using works very well and the 7x magnifier allows for extremely accurate shot placement at 100yrds . Yes i did have a 3x magnifier but you couldn't accurately place rds at 100 yrds

The Vortex Strikefire i got from my LGS for $247 and the Sightmark flip to side magnifiers were purchased thru Amazon.com

20. My wife has iron sights and red dot, mine only has iron sights but as soon as I find a red dot I like I will add it to mine also.