Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,827 Posts
@greg_r check out post #44 in this thread on rimfire central. The guy made a stock handle out of Delrin which is slotted underneath allowing the trigger guard to partially retract inward and he's able to fold-up the rifle smaller than from the factory. He also made a ammo holder that fits in the butt. Little Badger Mods.

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
@greg_r check out post #44 in this thread on rimfire central. The guy made a stock handle out of Delrin which is slotted underneath allowing the trigger guard to partially retract inward and he's able to fold-up the rifle smaller than from the factory. He also made a ammo holder that fits in the butt. Little Badger Mods.
Thanks! The Little Badger Definitely NEEDS that BugBuster scope. I have already planned to wrap/enclose the wire stock with paracord, and I have a Gerber Principle knife to attach inside the stock, or an Ozark Trail fixed blade, whichever I can make fit the best. I have ordered the Longshot MFG long rail to replace the top plastic rail and a thread protector to replace the plastic one that came with the rifle.

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
LGS up in mAss had some of them a few years back. I woulda bit, but didn't like that it didn't fold completely in half. Did Chiappa resolve that?
Not completely in half, but pretty close. I have found a mod that replaced the frame screw that allows the rifle to break into 2 pieces. Might try that, don’t know yet.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
They had this at the LGS. Chiappa Little Badger. Chiappa Firearms - Little Badger Rifle (Black/OD Green) 22LR/16.5"BBL W/Scope . First one I have ever seen in the wild. $200 and I had enough left over to buy Vienna sausages, cheese crackers, and a Coca-Cola for supper. So far I am liking it. It’s got a GREAT trigger and is minute of squirrel head out to 50 yards. Folded up it fits in all my packs except my 18 liter day pack.

Will it replace my AR7? Don’t quite know yet, but likely. With the scope it is more accurate for sure. Pretty clear to be a non-branded cheap optic. Thinking about trying a circle-dot optic on it.
I have 12 cases of the original flavor. I only like the bbq flavor. Come get them.

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
I have 12 cases of the original flavor. I only like the bbq flavor. Come get them.
Vienna sausages, potted meat, and pork and beans. Survival food, a max can live a long time on them. Plus the Vienna sausage cans make great alcohol burners, something to cook your pork and beans over.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
Vienna sausages, potted meat, and pork and beans. Survival food, a max can live a long time on them. Plus the Vienna sausage cans make great alcohol burners, something to cook your pork and beans over.
Come get them.

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
Come get them.
I would love to, but I think the recent troubles I have had has thwarted any retirement and travel plans I had.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
I would love to, but I think the recent troubles I have had has thwarted any retirement and travel plans I had.
It can be you and the wifes next travel plan.

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
By wagon train, way gas is going. We wanted to stop by this summer, but looks like it ain't gonna happen at this rate

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
By wagon train, way gas is going. We wanted to stop by this summer, but looks like it ain't gonna happen at this rate
Horse feed will be going up thanks to FJB. Fertilizer, and anything we grow is going to be affected.

Invest in manure spreaders!

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
In your opinion, how long is powdered pancake mix that is sealed up in a bag good for past the expiration date if it is stored in a cool, dark and dry place?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
Horse feed will be going up thanks to FJB. Fertilizer, and anything we grow is going to be affected.

Invest in manure spreaders!
I did its called a gun.

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
I would really love to get out there. I need to at least let you shoot the Moona Mosin Psuedo scout!
In your opinion, how long is powdered pancake mix that is sealed up in a bag good for past the expiration date if it is stored in a cool, dark and dry place?
I never pay attention to dry goods, and only a little to canned goods. Keep your dry goods in an airtight container, store them in the root cellar or basement. Worst I have ever had is finding larvae in them. Just another protein source. The larvae makes good fish bait, and will not hurt you either, you just might have to be a bit hungrier than normal before you want to eat them.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I never pay attention to dry goods, and only a little to canned goods. Keep your dry goods in an airtight container, store them in the root cellar or basement. Worst I have ever had is finding larvae in them. Just another protein source.
The mix is sealed up from the factory. So in your opinion the dried sealed up pancake mix is probably good about fifteen to twenty years past the expiration date if stored in a cool, dry and dark place?

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
The mix is sealed up from the factory. So in your opinion the dried sealed up pancake mix is probably good about fifteen to twenty years past the expiration date if stored in a cool, dry and dark place?
Yes, but there are likely bug eggs in the mix, do not be alarmed if you get larvae.

Actually, if you are squeamish, you probably don’t want to know what’s in your food.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have all parts of my 8 acres fenced except for part on a neighbors boundary that is 200 ft or so of his fence. I noticed the other day that one board of his privacy fence had been pushed out and I could see where a critter had been running under and likely it got chased by one of my dogs that knocked the board off. Fortunately my dog did not get out. He could have easily knocked some more broads off. I was looking for my neighbor and did not see him and made a temp patch and have decided to simply erect a welded wire fence on my side.
I was talking this morning to other neighbors and I now know why I never see him. He is leasing out his house and living somewhere else. It is a nice house and the most expensive in the neighborhood and his mother in law is living in little cottage just in back of it. Problem the people leasing are having wild parties that are waking other people up. My house is solid and distant and so i did not hear and I allow the dogs to police my side of the fence. This time it was native americans having a wild party till 3AM. That likely is illegal in our country.
T-posts are all in and wire laid out. Tomorrow I will stretch the wire and then start twisting the ties in on the T posts.
Fruit trees and chestnuts doing welland mulberries and other berries along with loquats will be ready to eat soon. So life is good in NWFL.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Yes, but there are likely bug eggs in the mix, do not be alarmed if you get larvae.
Actually, if you are squeamish, you probably don’t want to know what’s in your food.
The larvae would not bother me unless the infestation was large. I would just pick it out. Perhaps I will freeze the bags for three days each. That should kill off anything in them.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
I have all parts of my 8 acres fenced except for part on a neighbors boundary that is 200 ft or so of his fence. I noticed the other day that one board of his privacy fence had been pushed out and I could see where a critter had been running under and likely it got chased by one of my dogs that knocked the board off. Fortunately my dog did not get out. He could have easily knocked some more broads off. I was looking for my neighbor and did not see him and made a temp patch and have decided to simply erect a welded wire fence on my side.
I was talking this morning to other neighbors and I now know why I never see him. He is leasing out his house and living somewhere else. It is a nice house and the most expensive in the neighborhood and his mother in law is living in little cottage just in back of it. Problem the people leasing are having wild parties that are waking other people up. My house is solid and distant and so i did not hear and I allow the dogs to police my side of the fence. This time it was native americans having a wild party till 3AM. That likely is illegal in our country.
T-posts are all in and wire laid out. Tomorrow I will stretch the wire and then start twisting the ties in on the T posts.
Fruit trees and chestnuts doing welland mulberries and other berries along with loquats will be ready to eat soon. So life is good in NWFL.
Why would it be illegal

301 - 320 of 358 Posts