Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to a sealed bid auction every week that sells unlcaimed and damaged freight. Today there was a lot of 8 boxes of 50ea American Eagle 9mm Luger ammo for sale. It ended up selling for $117.00 plus tax, which makes it over $125. You could buy 400 WWB at wally world for $80. I only bid $57 on it...guess they wanted it worse than me.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Saw a guy on Craigslist had 2 boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm. He wanted $26.00 for both but considering it sells for under $9.00 a box I decided to offer him $10.00 a box just to see what he said.
I got no response!!
I guess he figures he should make a profit on them but I think that $8.00 was a little too much.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I know, some people just pay too much for ammo. I'm a cheapo. I just shop around any place I come to. Right now, I have a lot(to me) of ammo for ALL my guns. Plus, I save all my spent shells for reloading down the road. 8)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Oh, also I go out driving around and watch for people that shoot outside the town and make a note where they are shooting, then come back every other day and pick up the spent shells. I'm amazed at all the people that leave their shells out there. I have been doing this for over 3 years. I have 6, 5 gal. buckets full so far. All kinds of shells. Some shells that I never heard of. So call me cheap!!! :cool2:

·
Registered
996 Posts
I got lucky at a gun show this past weekend...500rds of .223 for $180...wish I had picked up that other box, but didnt have the cash at the time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.