Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
I would think the 4095 would reach out nicely.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Been said, but shot placement is what really matters and even then its not likely to drop anything in its tracks no matter what kind of expansion your rounds have, would probably try to get some penetration instead with a handgun round.

For here in Loisiana I mostly hunt with my 30-30 for briars and brush, or my mauser for hunting power lines and pastures.

Shot one a few years ago with a 30-30 hollow point as it was coming head on at me, went straight in below the windpipe turning everything in its ribcage to jelly, and it still managed to run 60 yards through briars thickets and ditches.

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
That’s some serious shooting with a .45. Did you have a zero, or was it just holdover and hope?

Glad to hear the XTP worked well. I like those, I just bought a box of .401 155 grains yesterday. Not sure if I want to use them for .40, or for the 10 mm. Probably do 50 of each, because....why not?

Reactions: Rerun

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
That’s some serious shooting with a .45. Did you have a zero, or was it just holdover and hope?

Glad to hear the XTP worked well. I like those, I just bought a box of .401 155 grains yesterday. Not sure if I want to use them for .40, or for the 10 mm. Probably do 50 of each, because....why not?
I'm more concerned with him squeezing an extra 300fps over a factory +p load, not to mention taking a shot out at the extreme MER of the round with a BSA30mm RDS with a 5 MOA dot as an optic trying to cover a 46" drop...

·
Premium Member
35,752 Posts
Jeez dude....I was getting there. You gotta let them nibble a bit before you yank the rod that hard.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Jeez dude....I was getting there. You gotta let them nibble a bit before you yank the rod that hard.
Not if you're fishing for trout with powerbait. Gotta set the hook hard and keep the pressure on or they'll jump.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts