What should I get...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Taurus357, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Ok, this walther deal I've been trying to do is showing signs of it isn't mean to be. First is this stupid pistol permit crap. Trying to get out of work to get my drivers license several time only to run into more problems plus going to have to go get my permit and wait several days PLUS I got a call and was told that my PPS came in, but is missing a mag and he has no idea when he'll be able to get me one. So I'm considering carrying my snubby and dealing with the drivers license alone, getting my cc, and no dealing with the pistol permits. Here are some candidates:

LOOVE Dragunov rifles, and since the "clones" or "fakes" are only things within my budget range, I was thinking a Romak 3 or PSL/FPK. Classic arms has this PSL/FPK package for 699.95

[​IMG]

Also love AK under folders. Add to this lust an insane tacky yet uber cool hard chrome finish from classic arms and $519.00 gets you this jem:
    [​IMG]

2. griff30

griff30 Member

The second piece was carried in the movie "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park" by Ace Freely. It's just missing the disco ball and 12" platform shoes. LOL just kidding. You could carry these with it as accessories: [​IMG] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Actaully its Robocop tough and I'd own it.

3. 22 views and only one response? you guys aren't helping much.

4. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Personally, and this is just my opinion of course, I would go with the Dragunov, since I love them too.
    If you need an AK at some point Saiga's are cheap (as was pointed out to me) and you can Mod it yourself :)

5. Yea, I love saigas. I recommend them all the time, but something about a hard chromed AK...but the thought of that 7.62x54r in semi auto....DROOOL

6. I would say Druganov. I just cant get past the tackyness of the AK. Looks too gangbanger to me. But it is different.

7. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    I actually went and looked at my old post and you were one of the ones recommending Saiga's to me :)
    I've loved Dragunov's ever since I was in grammar school and picked up a copy of Soldier of Fortune that had a HUUUUGE right-up on them and Spetznaz snipers.
    Someday I would like to own one myself.

Edit:
    Well... I just went and looked at classic arms & either you just got the last one, or someone else did... says out of stock on the Dragunov :(

8. Well they have the AES-10B AK RPK TYPE but I really dont know anything about it.

[​IMG]

9. It's not that I DON'T want to weigh in and add an opinion--it's that I cant' offer any helpful advice. "I could say screw it, buy 'em all" but that wouldn't be helpful since it's not a likely choice. The chrome is tacky, but we've all enjoyed tacky guns, so I can't rule that out. The Dragunov is always cool but it's the most conservative (of this not very conservative bunch).

Have you owned one of these types before? If so, I'll suggest the other one. After all, one of the joys of firearms is doing your best to try every different type possible.

There, I've offered no help at all, and been verbose not doing it :!:
    :?

10. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    If that money isn't really burning a hole in your pocket, I'd wait to see if they get more Dragunov's in. Or call 'em - you never know.
    I don't know anything about the RPK either, but it looks like you already talked yourself out of that one :)

11. Havnt owned either of these before. I guess if I wait I could see if they get more in, or if I saved another hundred or so...

[​IMG]

12. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

i'd have to agree go with the Dragunov

the chromed ak is kinda ugly.. it does not look like they did a very good job it looks like metalic spray paint.. the thing dont even look real.

13. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    I've always wanted a tommygun too but everything I hear about their accuracy makes me shy away. I mean if I could legally get a full-auto version that is another story, would be fun to blow through a drum every once in a while. But as for a semi-auto range gun? I'd pass.

Sorry I seem to be monopolizing responses in this thread :)

14. Fox

Fox Member

I'd say the Dragunov... Uber PiMp!!!The Chrome undefolde is just too tacky.... reminds me of the Dude from Lord of War with his gold Plated AK..

15. Ari

Ari Guest

Man if you are looking at all sorts of guns... (That Auto Ordnance is not cheap)

You might as well as get a real classic
    [​IMG]
    Or
    [​IMG]

16. I would get the Dragunov in a heart beat if the only other option was the tacky chrome AK under folder. Now if the under folder was available in standard finish that would be my first pick because I absolutely love under folder AK's.

Since you are looking to spend $500+ on a new long gun purchase, check out the new Auto Ordnance .30cal M1 Carbines. These little guns have so much character and are built to mil spec standards for WW2 era Carbines. Ammo is affordable and very easy to come by and they are down right fun plinkers and make a good home defense package too.

17. Thought M1s were out of my price range. Let's put it like this. You have roughly $700 to spend. What would YOU buy. One gun, so don't say 7 mosins.

18. griff30

griff30 Member

If you like the look of tommys Taurus you might look into what I got. I can't get it out of my father-in-laws hands! LOL
    I got a KEL-TEC PLR16 and on the forgrip picatinny rail I placed a vertical foregrip.[​IMG] Very nice and with the laser makes for a hip shooter like the Tommy except exceptionally accurate and 3 times the power of a .45ACP. Plus I can pick up the MWG 90 round drum.
    Makes for a nice sidearm to an AR15 with interchangable mags and all.

As for the above the, my vote is for the Draganov, I was thinking you were joking about the chrome job. Chrome makes for a damn hot barrel, black disapates heat 10 times faster. Chrome retains heat.