What stock to choose??? Now with pics

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Thayldt21, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

OK boys and girls.
    I just ordered my Mossberg 500 cruiser, it is the 8 shot with pistol grip and heat shield.

Now pistol grip looks cool but I am wanting a shoulder holder. lol

Any way the 6 way adjustable sounds great but the top folder just looks bad Arse.

any way open for opinions personal experence or just your thoughts.

I should be picking it up monday I hope.

2. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

I had the ar style collapsible on my FN Police Tactical Shotgun and I found it very uncomfortable and the barrel was factory ported. I would go with the folding stock.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

I like a AR type stock with a pistol grip. You can have a T6 as I do not like those

4. The folding stock is nice, if you get one make sure the one you get will let the shotty function when folded

5. pills

pills Guest

I agree with Hipoint.nut

6. Hmm...I'd suggest you order a Rem 870...

Ok, im a remington snob when it comes to mossy vs rem, but I'll say go with an adjustable 6 position stock, waaay more comfy then folders.

7. Thayldt21

Well these were what I was looking at.
    milsurpstuff.com/products.asp?cat=48

also could someone explain the SPEED FEED to me. looks like one I have had my EYE on.

Don't want to sound ignorant but you don't know what you don't know.

Thanx

And yes I am very open to suggestions.

8. Thayldt21

Well With the wife a consideration I will begoing with the 6 position as this will allow her to feel comfortable with the weapon also.

9. That's the one thing I like about a 6 position stock. You can shorten/lengthen it to accomodate a variety of shooters so that more than just a couple of people can use the weapon. Great choice Thay! You will get years of enjoyment out of that shotty!

10. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

11. Thayldt21

OK, Here is the shot gun a Mossberg 500A 20" BBL and a & 7+1 capacity.

As you see it has a pistol grip. As soon as the Mail man arrives I will post more picks with the new stock. The lighting is bad as My ccamera does not have Flash and the wifes is out of commission.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Nice looking shotty, congrats! :)

13. Cant wait to see it with the stock.

14. Thayldt21

So as you see it started like this
    [​IMG]

Then after 10 min looking for the allen key set.
    [​IMG]

unfortunately the muzzle attachment is made for a 24" barrel as I have no room for it. Sad.

any way As soon as the ranges open back up I'll be there to tet drive this puppy.

15. dude, that is really cool - a fine job you did there. At first I thought you went to the Taurus School of Internet Photography, but you recovered nicely! :lol: :lol:

16. Thayldt21

Yea, after seeing the pics from my camera I real quick fast and a hurry got the wifes camera back into action. Dang SD cards any way.

The shotty is a hotty.

17. That ain't no joke Thay!!! Beautiful!

18. Newskate, I came up with two replies, wasnt sure which to use, so here's both...

Sir, the couple of bad photos I had posted were do to a long move across the country. My camera had been packed and I had not located it yet. So instead of posting nothing at all, I did what I could, made the best of what I had. Most were content with the results as it got the point across, but you seem not to have been. While I do regret not being able to post better photos, I do not feel bad that you feel my inferior photos make me less of a person, nor do your attempts at making me feel this way.

second reply:
    http://www.getpranks.com/images/items/big/blowme.jpg\

19. Oh and thay... that thing is BAD ASS...btw, i c ur toes