Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a .45 Carbine for several years but just got my first 9mm. To my surprise it had a threaded barrel.

Can anyone suggest a good muzzle device that they use and why they chose it?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
What the Hell was that?
669 Posts
I have had a .45 Carbine for several years but just got my first 9mm. To my surprise it had a threaded barrel.

Can anyone suggest a good muzzle device that they use and why they chose it?
Thanks in advance.
I ended up putting one of the Stoner A-2 flash suppressors on mine. Since it only has "ports" on the top 1/2 of the suppressor, it works pretty well (so far). Follow up shots are faster and it helps cut down muzzle rise and muzzle flash (During daylight) at the same time. Haven't had a chance to try it out in the dark yet, so i can't verify muzzle flash yet.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
I ended up putting one of the Stoner A-2 flash suppressors on mine. Since it only has "ports" on the top 1/2 of the suppressor, it works pretty well (so far). Follow up shots are faster and it helps cut down muzzle rise and muzzle flash (During daylight) at the same time. Haven't had a chance to try it out in the dark yet, so i can't verify muzzle flash yet.
You'll see 5 very bright lines above the brake. They don't really do a whole lot of flash suppression on an M16. Just remember it's a PCC, not a rifle caliber. The flash is already going to be somewhat diminished in comparison.

·
What the Hell was that?
669 Posts
You'll see 5 very bright lines above the brake. They don't really do a whole lot of flash suppression on an M16. Just remember it's a PCC, not a rifle caliber. The flash is already going to be somewhat diminished in comparison.
True, but it was begging for SOMETHING normal on there. I looked at a bunch on different comps & flash suppressors, and most of them just didnt look right. The Stoner was just simple and kinda old (ish) school, so i went with that instead of the one that looked like a cracked out hole saw. Lol I'm working on a custom case for it now, but been so damn busy I haven't had time to do anything on it for over a week.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
It seems like one of those flash cans would be a good addition. Directing more of the noise away from you might be a good thing if you had to use it without ear protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts