Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
401 Posts
Yup 9mm Luger and that is what I run through mine....

·
Banned
401 Posts
I am shooting PMC bronze 115 FMJ ammo in mine right now, and after 300 rounds, no problems to report so far, I know there is a varying opinion on various ammo, but there are certain brands that do not shoot well in them, I know my father had a heck of a time with Winchester ammo..

·
Registered
89 Posts
My C9 LOVES Blazer Brass but not good with Winchester or American Eagle (at least it wasn't at first, but now that my C9 is working well I might go back and try Winchester again, but I wouldnt recommend starting with Winchester)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I started with American Eagle and after break-in (300-500 rounds) switch over to WWB. Tell your friend not to overload the mags and to just figure on getting a few stovepipes during break-in. Once things settle in, these are nice shooters.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Blazer BRASS here. When you can find them at Wally World they are $9 a box/50

I've also had good success with Remington UMC but buy the Blazer's because of price.

I've had nothing but problems with WWB, even after well over 1,000 rounds of breaking in.

The other issue is limp wristing the C9. That tends to cause stovepipes regardless of ammo.

My .02

Craig

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Blazer Brass here until my reloading stuff comes in, then goodbye to factory prices.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
WWB or Rem UMC most of the time. BB works fine too. I've said it a piece of celery would fit in my gun, I'm certain it would fly out the other end when I pulled the trigger. I buy the cheapest of those brands that I can find for practicing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
From what I understand, 9mm Luger and 9mm Parabellum are the same. As long is it's not the Makarov ammo, I think you are ok. I prefer the Hornady TAP 147gr CQ. It's a mean hollow point, almost frightening with it's amount of spread. I know that some people say not to use loads that high though, that they are too hard for the gun. That's ok with me, I'm not going to go shooting 1000 of them down range anyway at $16/25 rounds. They haven't given me any problems yet and I clean my firearms religiously, so I don't anticipate they will. As far as range rounds, I am going to go with everyone's advise and try the Blazer Brass. I tried the Winchester White box in an old Stallard 9mm and it seemed to pinch the round when it chambered, making me feel a little uneasy about using them again. I might try the Remington UMC too though. I never had a bad round from Remington in any other caliber gun I've had.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts