Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy on the site, and pretty much new to the gun world in general. I inherited my pops guns when he passed 5 years ago and never really bothered with them......until recently. Hes got quite a few rifles, shotguns, a couple pistols, and wouldn't you know it, a 995. Man that is one ugly ass gun. I've already gotten around to to ordering the ATI stock for it and a couple other goodies.

Ive been lurking your site for the last couple days and finally decided to register, but now Ive got a couple questions.

All the guns have been sitting for 5+ years, I have no idea when the last time they had been fired or even cleaned, should I start busting them out and cleaning/oiling them?

As far as the 995 goes, its also been sitting in the gun safe, not sure if its ever been fired....should I send it back to hi-point and let them give it a once over and change out/update any parts needed? Any problems or faults that I need to keep an eye out for?

I'm starting to realize how addictive this "hobby" can be..............and I don't think there's a cure for it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I would start with a good examination and cleaning of all of them. While you're doing that, catalog what you have so you know which ammo you need to buy and can ask specific questions if needed. Anything that looks really old or rusty I would have checked to make sure it is safe to fire, the rest time to load up and head to the range.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My assistant, Leland, will be by to dole out the meds. :sleezy:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
:welcome: Wow sounds like you have some work on your hands! But it can be fun too and hopefully good memories as well :cool2:

·
Registered
922 Posts
My assistant, Leland, will be by to dole out the meds. :sleezy:
good.........keep em comin doc :devilsidesmile:
Here ya go!!
Welcome to the addiction! My name is Leland and im a certified Hi Point Addiction Therapist. My assistant Broomhead has already informed you of this AWSOME sickness.

Click here to see an actual Therapy Session in progress!!!!!

Now tell me all about it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.