What warranty to believe?

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by gstrom99, Dec 16, 2015.

1. I just bought my first Hi-Point, a 995ts carbine.

HP's web site says this:

"The Hi-Point of Service

Damage, age, and plain old wear and tear - these things happen. When they do, Hi-Point customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just that - free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third.

Hi-Point service is fast, friendly and expertly performed. Your firearm will be back in action and good as new, in no time."

The paperwork I got with the gun says very plainly the warranty is only to first owner. Attached is a scanned copy (sorry - can't seem to rotate it...). The printed/supplied warranty would generally be governing, not some website lingo.

What am I to believe?

Attached Files:

2. The websight is correct.

They have been inclusing that same paperwork for the last 10 years.

And No one has ever been asked a question when returning.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    The web site is the current policy, but if you take them to court I have a good idea which one the judge will go by.

4. cicpup

Vermont
    Mine sucks. I think I need glasses.

5. how does your web sight?

more importantly what is your web!?...... never mind.

6. That's what I was thinking. Thanks. Should never be a problem for me, but I was just wondering...

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    HP really should clarify their written warrantee. I wonder how many times that question has been posted here.

8. But then we'd reduce visitors to this forum. Hi-Point's warranty confusion is their way of supporting HPFF. :rofl:

9. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Maybe they should be like Ruger and NEVER post or print any warranty? But they have never refused anybody service or warranty.

10. cicpup

Vermont
    You know that's just a trick to make you buy Rugers, right? The way it's written, their declaration of not having a warranty is actually a warranty.

11. MachoMelvin

Since I own "0" Rugers, I don't think it working very well?

12. cicpup

Vermont
    Cause it's all about you. Don't know how they stay in business without your support. Then again, I'm surprised Hi-Point hasn't raised it's prices with you driving up sales.

13. Mikial

Mikial Member

Agreed. I had an issue with a .380 I bought at a yard sale, for God's sake. They didn't even bat an eye, just sent me the parts and that was that.

You can trust the Hi Point warranty.

14. Wow. That's great to hear!

15. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I think I made up for you, I currently have 6 Ruger's

16. MachoMelvin

My Dad & a brother are BIG Ruger fans, maybe 20 each?
    I have to be the ODD man out on everything!

17. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

Well for what its worth, I love my 10/22 with Tapco stock and accessories. And my HP 995ts with accessories. I'm just "tacticool" lol. I have other "big name" guns, but I am definitely no "gun snob" if it goes bang and I like it, my friend is the gun. Just sayin'...