What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Challenger76, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Challenger76

Challenger76 Member

I ordered the .380, paid $141. total taxes included only to be sticker shocked at the cost of 380 ammo!!!!:eek: In my area the cheapest I can find is around $24.00 for a box of 50. I should have researched it. Now I don't look forward at all to owning this gun.
    Shoulda got the 9mm :(

Just venting.

2. Start reloading.
    .380 is cheap to reload.

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Yea, I got a BG .380. I want a 9mm, but for it's purpose, the BG is fine. Not a range gun anyway...but I do want a 9mm, possibly a Kahr. I have to pay about the same, and they are the cheap ammo. SD ammo is twice. As far as reloading, the initial investment is prohibitive for me.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The 5 "P"'s
    Proper
    Preparedness
    Prevents
    Poor
    Performance

A little research would have saved you some time & $$$

6. SWAGA

7 P's Melvin:

Proper
    Prebuy
    Planning
    Prevents
    Piss
    Poor
    Performance

Now do as I say not as I do lol ;)

7. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Freedom Munitions has .380 for $15-$16 a box. Even if you don't catch a shipping deal, you'll still beat $24 by six or seven bucks. Shipping deals are pretty frequent, either free shipping or $5 total for shipping.

8. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

Bought these last month along with some other ammo from Target Sports. Shipping was $12 but with the other ammo it amounted to $3 per box.

Remington UMC 380 ACP AUTO Ammo 95 Grain Full Metal Jacket-Box of 50 $17.99

9. I just picked up 2 boxes of 380 at walmart for 14 bones for a box of 50. Bass Pro Shop had the same ones but they wanted 23$ for theirs. If you can find it.. I'd check there.

10. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

That's why I have no interest in a .380.

11. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have thousands of rounds of other calibers, but only have a few hundred 380's. And I have 6 - 380 pistols. I don't carry a 380, just part of the collection.
    Has anybody ever seen a 380 carbine or rifle?

12. bluharley

bluharley Member

What brand? Tula?

13. Challenger76

Challenger76 Member

I must of went to the wrong Walmart because all they had was the box of 100 for $42.00 which I guess isn't that bad but still when I'm used to payinh $13-15 for 9mm the extra 5-7 bucks adds up. It's my own fault I should have researched it more I just assume smaller caliber, smaller price. WRONG!

14. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

In ND a box of .380 costs for $20 for 50 PMC Bronze - bought a sig sauer and now make my own bullets because its cheaper

15. SWAGA

No, .22 is easy to find......:rolleyes:

16. Challenger76

Challenger76 Member

Well I just found a Wal-Mart in my area that sells 50 round 380 ammo for under 15. A box but they were out. The guy said it sells really fast so keep checking back. But not all Wal-Mart's have this deal.

17. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Freedom Munitions today is offering .380, 100gr RNFP, new, 250 rounds for $75.43

18. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Oh, I get it!
    It's for your Summer Carry, the fancy undies holster you modeled for us ;)

I fancied you as a B.I.B. (bigger is better) carry type person, but that is still probable for your Fall and Winter carry ensemble? :D
    10mm anyone? :cool:

I'm not a big 380 fan either, for the same reasons.
    Higher cost, less bang. But once I delve into the 380 B.U.G. category, I will get an HP 380 for rounding out the set. They are so cheap here, they are almost giving them away! :eek: ($124+tax)

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Sure, why not?

[​IMG]

20. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I once thought that way. Till I had a 380 AD that went through my desk, a double wooden wall, and left a big dent in the washing machine in the other room. Realized then it was perfectly suited to stop a problem.