Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was a single shot shotgun (I can’t even remember the brand) but I remember it was called the silver hunter. Super cheap is the only reason I bought it, didn’t have any money then I just wanted to buy a gun when I turned 18, I believe it was $129.99 at the bargain barn in Jasper. That thing would just about kill you every time you pulled the trigger. I tried finding them online and I can’t find them, I remember it was made in Turkey though. What was all y’all’s first purchases?

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,952 Posts
That's easy Mossberg 500, got it when I was 20 years old. I still have it. A little worn here and there but I've had the shotgun longer than my kids!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
first handgun was a ruger p85 around 1987 and first rifle was a beautiful wal mart exclusive stainless 10/22 with a green laminated stock . i would give a NUT to have another like that. at the time i already had a winchester 190 and a winchester 670 monkey ward model 30/06. it was a sweet shooting plain stock winchester 70 with a dull finish. both of them were gifts from granpa

·
Registered
653 Posts
First gun I ever purchased on my own was a Llama 9mm 1911. Don't know what I was thinkin' but I was 20. A real hunk o' junk jam-o-matic. But it was cheap (for a reason.) Years later sold it on consignment. Think I got $100.

·
Registered
189 Posts
1st firearm I owned and bought it for my self...Model 514 Remmie single-shot...about 1956 for the princely sum of $5.00 from a guy inna filling-station.
Still own the thing too...Wore out the bolt and replaced it, changed the bolt-handle at the same time......prolly at least a jillion rounds downe the tube...DarlinDotter will get it when I die....

REDD

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
A 10/22, and a .22 pistol, maybe a Jennings, or Raven...both got sold when I went into the Army.
Next go round, the first pistol was an East German Makarov, and another 10/22.

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
The first handgun I purchased was an Imperial snub nosed, 7-shot .22 revolver with wood grips.
Person to person, $25.

I kept it for more than a decade.
The timing went out on it, the cylinder would wobble from side to side just a wee bit, shaving a thin veneer of lead from the bullet each time I fired it.

My deputy sheriff friend in NJ and I heated it up with a torch and hammered it flat.

Wish I had a replacement for it now.

eldar

·
Super Moderator
28,368 Posts
An Italian made SAA clone in .357 Mag.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
794 Posts
The first gun that I bought with my own money was a Smith&Wesson 4046. Double action only 40s&w. Police trade in that I got from a pawnshop. I couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn from inside with it. I thought that I was a horrible shot till some of my friends with guns tried shooting it. Nobody could hit with it. We ended up sandbagging it and discovered that the gun shot a shotgun pattern. I ended up trading it in at a gun store on a S&W model 66 .357 magnum.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts