What would Al do?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by planosteve, Sep 7, 2015.

1. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    They are done.

No doubt, no question. Probably referred to court for assault.

We don't allow our kids to yell at refs, much less hit them, no matter how bad they are.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Banned from the game for life.
    That was clearly intentional and planned.

4. planosteve

The school kicked them off the team. UIL is investigating and will most likely ban them in the state. School is looking into other punishment, and the ref has filed a criminal complaint with the police. They are in a world of hurt now.

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    They need to be dealt with harshly. They need to serve as an example for any other wannabe thugs who think that it's okay to attack adult authority figures--or anyone else for that matter.

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Well said Think.
    These High school jocks get put on a pedestal way too early and they generally get away with everything.
    Violence, sexual assault, theft.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    They'll be charged as juveniles. Probation at most. Record sealed. Won't effect their lives past High School.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You all do realize...these idiots weren't really "athletes", they didn't care about the game, or their team. They just wanted in on the internet sensationalism game. This is the equivalent of the knock-out game, polar bear hunting.

They are loving the hits their video is getting on-line, their buddies are blowing up their phones about how cool they were, and how it was so worth it, and how they'll be legends...:rolleyes:

Thugs. That's all they are.

9. I dont know ? i would think any college football is out after this

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Did you see that hit? They weren't good enough to play past HS.:rolleyes:

But seriously, very few kids play college ball, compared to HS ball. It's under 10%, 8% I think, and only 2.5 % play at Div 1 schools.

Yep, I looked it up. The best way to play in college...lacrosse, ice hockey, and baseball, at between 11-13%. Number one...fencing at 29%. But there are only 650 of them in the nation.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I thought "how bad could it be?"
    It was a pretty lame tackle, and spearing afterwards... :p
    I bet the ref is fine. But should still press charges!

12. I never ment for it to sound like they were great players ,yes I did watched it, on Espn both the camera angles the hit after he was on the ground was real nice too what punks

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
  14. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Heard something about this today. ESPN radio. They said he told (3) players to do it and only two followed the "code red" as they said. From what I understand also he told them to do it due to the ref using racial slurs on the players, which he denies.

Those kids are old enough to know better as demonstrated by the 3rd player, but I cannot put the total blame squarely on them anymore.

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Dude...WTF?:confused:

That's BASEBALL..

and its PROFESSIONAL sorta....

We were talking about HS football.

Like THIS:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bjCXxqYS84"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bjCXxqYS84[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ-afn468u4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ-afn468u4[/ame]

16. Tracker

Tracker Member

They get the boot as far as I'm concerned. No different than assault to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
  17. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Also heard on talk radio, that the so called racial slur, (which the ref's lawyer denies he said) was "You're in America, speak English."..... Also that the refs best man in his wedding was black, and his grandmother was from Mexico, so the BS factor seems pretty high here.

18. planosteve

The coach apparently told the school board that he told them to do it the next day. It is just now coming out..
    He resigned today.

19. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The coach, then, is a weasely prick for setting up two kids to go do his dirty work for him, while leaving them to take the highly publicized heat, alone, for so long. He should have come forward along time ago.

Then again, is he trying to be a martyr for these two by just claiming to have directed the hits? The time between the incident and all of this coming out is pretty protracted.