Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

A cops son rear ends your car, after words you walk into a store and are assulted by the cop. You h

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on the news today where a girl was hit in the rear end by some kid who's father was a city cop. This cop then followed her and her 3 male friends into the convenience store and walked up behind her and grabbed her around the neck and assaulted her with a gun. The accident was not even her fault. I don't know if she had gotten lippy with him or not, either way, she was in the store by this point and that leads me to believe that he was done questioning her and had second thoughts about it, or he arrived on the scene and just freaked out.

Don't get me wrong I respect law enforcement. I know several police men and I am on my neighborhood watch team. The police in my town are very professional, and have always treated me with the utmost of respect even when I didn't deserve it. But, I believe this cop on the news today was out of line. If you were there in that store when this happened, and this jack-ass cop was overstepping his boundaries and waving a loaded gun around what would you have done? Remember there are 4 of you and 1 of him.

Other details that were listed on the news;

1) Cop told son in Spanish to say that they had a gun.
2) Cop told store clerk that if he knew what was good for him he should get rid of the surveillance tape.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
im thinking there will be a LARGE payout to keep this quiet. whether not the cop has a job is up to how well he is connected/related to those in charge. WAY over the top abuse of power. and the fact its on tape only lends credence to that.

SW

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Me, I would do what the cop said and sue him and the city later. Remember...this cop is already mad, you don't need to pi$$ the cop off any more.

I can just smell the $$$$$$$ coming in!!! ;) :yes: :yay!: :gum:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
I tend to believe that suing is a pansy way to get out of things. I would have gave him some Fox Labs to the face and restrained him.
and been sent to jail for a large portion of you life. dont mess with cops, they have the law behind them. wait until its over and then sue the pants off them.

SW

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Just keep in mind...the TIN MAN is the BOSS no matter what. Wait untill you go to court and then you can raise He11. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
It's true. No matter the circumstances, you have to submit to the authority of the law, no matter how preposterous it may be at the time.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, but I couldn't just stand there and let this "cop" put a gun to my wife's neck. He'd be dead, and that's a fact.
I actually don't know what I'd do but I am right there with you man... feelings are mutual, but until actually in the zone who knows what would happen. I tend to be a laid back individual in general, but when in "the zone"... different story. However I have honed my rationing skills over time and I think faster and clearer now. Age does that to ya... has to, the body aint as fast as it once was.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you should add "fight back" and leave off the part about taking his gun.

thats my vote

by the way, do you have a link?
Nope saw it on the news yesterday. I will search for something.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I wouldn't have did anything that crazy SOB would have shot ya! No doubt in my mind about that; these days even if cops are wrong their right.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are racial comments in the article below but I believe they were all edited out, I copied and pasted as is so that I didn't alter it. I want to let all of you know that I do NOT condone the use of racial names or racism. We in this country should be beyond that by now.

Here you go.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20090720_Store_video_catches_cop_bullying_woman.html

I had the story up here but after I realized that the story originated from the VNN and I found out what the VNN is, I deleted it.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You know, I must say that after spending a couple days pondering this subject, I must say that here in my home town we do have a pretty good group of cops. I have met almost every one of them and they are all really well mannered polite, helpful, and courteous (except for the "rent-a-cop" the department has pushing a desk at the middle school... he's a joke... even so, he is a nice guy).

As I watch this video I can't help but think about the bad rap this idiot is giving the rest of the cops in this country who perform a thankless job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would let whatever was going to happen , happen (as long as i wasnt in MAJOR harms way) and let the evidence afterwards speak for me. alot of cops these days will do anything to cover up there wrong doing's.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts