Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

What you've all been waiting for...

8K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Harlee 
#1 ·
Yep, that's right...updated pics of my steadily increasing collection...last year at this time I had about 17-18 guns...

...Now I have 34...

:cry2: :cantlook: :devilsidesmile: :D 8) ^-^ :angel: :blink: :brow: :embarrassed2:

...Anyway, here they are, followed by a couple of descriptions...all magazines were removed from weapons, and all weapons have unloaded chambers for safety...those that had slide lock-backs were opened to show this (some of the pocket pistols do not have a slide hold-open)...

From bottom to top: (bottom center) Hi-Point CF-380 in .380 ACP, (bottom right) Jennings J-25 pocket pistol in .25 ACP, (left middle) Heritage Rough Rider 6.5" barreled single-action revolver in .22 WMR/.22LR (interchangable cylinders), (center) Egyptian Helwan 9 X 19mm (export-made copy of the Berretta Brigadier '51 pistol), (right middle) stainless steel Ruger Security Six in .357 Magnum (with Bianchia Speed Strips and HKS speedloaders), (top left) Lorcin .380 ACP pistol with 4 magazines (what a find! I got this gun for $75 including ALL of the magazines!!!), and (top right) Charles Daly imported M-1911A1 .45ACP pistol from the Phillipines (shown with standard mag and an extended 15 round mag).

From bottom to top: (bottom left) Hungarian PA-63 in 9 X 18mm Makarov, (bottom center/right) Hi-Point JCP .40 Smith & Wesson, (left middle) Davis P-32 in .32 ACP, (middle) Polish P-64 pistol in 9X18mm Makarov, (right middle) American Arms PX-22 pocket pistol in .22 LR, (top left) Smith & Wesson Model 586 double-action revolver in .357 Magnum, and (top right) Raven MP-25 pocket pistol in .25 ACP.

And, finally: (bottom) Hi-Point 4095 .40 Smith & Wesson carbine and (top) Romanian WASR-10 AK-47 in 7.62 X 39mm with seven thirty-round mags, a bayonet, a sling, and a mag pouch (all included in the original purchase save for the extra six mags).

I worked extra hours over the summer of '08 in order to help pay for these additions to my collection. I have, indeed, been very well-blessed...

:embarrassed2: :D

Let me know what ya'all think!

Jag 8)

See less See more
#4 ·
Depends, hp380...

...you making an offer? Normally, no, I wouldn't sell any of my guns, but to a fellow forum member who I can trust, I might be willing to entertain an offer. How much you talking? If you want, PM with the details.

Thanks!

Jag 8)

#6 ·
Very nice collection JAG. I'm kind of partial to those older "saturday night special". I think they have a great look to them and they make for a decent backup. Which is your favorite .25/.22 auto? I'm thinking of buying a LA Fury from a friend but not sure if I just want to try a new Jiminez or Cobra or maybe an old jennings. How do you like your American Arms PX-22? Looks like it has a hammer.....that would be nice on small auto, kind of like the berettas.

#9 ·
How do you like the Jennings .25? I remember a few years ago my dad having the .22 version of that gun and the thing jamming like crazy when we took it to the range. I've been looking back into the little Jennings pistols because I kind of want one myself. Just wondering if they're worth buying?

#10 ·
That american arms 22 looks a lot like my Phoneix Arms pa22 I recently picked up. Inexpensive, relatively accurate, and lightweight. Put over 500 rounds thru it, and can count the misfeeds, jams, etc. on one hand. Most of those were right after the pistol was purchased...

Sorry, due to pistol size, no toes could be included. I hope everyone accepts the use of fingers in their place.. :D

#12 ·
I hope I can answer everyone's questions as concisely as possible (which, with me, is always a challenge :D). Thanks to everyone who has replied here about my collection. I'm glad it has generated some objective discussions about the merits of these inexpensive pistols (which have been much criticized over the years for no good reason, in my opinion).

noname, I am absolutely "enthralled" with some of the "Saturday Night Special" brands, and I don't know if I could ever pinpoint an absolute favorite (hey, I like ALL guns...and knives...and bows...and...woops, sorry, got carried away :embarrassed2: :cantlook:). But, in fairness, I think I could say that the American Arms PX-22 is probably amongst the small pocket guns that I own that would hold "more fondness" for me. Also, the PX-22 does have a hammer, and the overall construction of this gun would be considered above the average Jennings/Cobra/Bryco/RG "Saturday Night Special" (though all of these guns are decently made for the price and shoot well). The hammer is a nice feature, and another nice feature of this gun was that I purchased it for $160 from a local pawn shop, nearly half the price of a Beretta Firestorm pocket pistol! American Arms isn't even in business anymore from what I hear, and they used to be based in Missouri before they shut down (if I remember right). This PX-22 was copied from an Iver-Johnson pocket pistol that was made much earlier than this gun.

keby, I would recommend the Jennings brand so long as you understand that the gun you get might take a little fine-tuning to run smoothly. I lucked out in that my guns only required a little bit of polishing and cleaning to run great, and I choose the JA-25 and Raven MP-25 over the .22 LR in the Jennings initially since the .25 ACP is much more dependable in terms of feeding and detonation of the primer since it is a centerfire cartridge that was originally designed for use in small blowback semi-automatic pistols by John Browning, the turn-of-the-century firearms master. Whichever one you get, though, will be a good buy for the money, and when I have some more cash sometime soon, I plan on picking up a J-22 .22 LR model myself. You just can't be the little plinkers for the price, and they are the perfect size for stashing in, say, a tackle box or other place where you might want a small pistol for survival/snake defense/small game gathering, etc.

To Newskate9 and everyone else who posted compliments, THANK YOU MUCH! I'll try to post some more pics later. For now, have a great one!

Jag 8)

#13 ·
Jag- Thanks for the info. I will have to keep my eyes out for one at the shows. I unfortunately had something come up and am going to have to wait a few weeks at least before i can buy anything. I hate when that happens, it always coincides with me finding a new gun that I like for sale. I almost had several 308's and two SKS for $800 at a sale once sight unseen, and I had to delay it a few weeks. By the time I called the guy back they of course were gone.

#17 ·
LOL...

I just got called wild & crazy...

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

I'm touched...finally, I've acheived the status of being "that guy" down the road who has the great gun collection, but who is just a little off his rocker...

:D :D :D :embarrassed2: :embarrassed2: :embarrassed2: :cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook:

Well, Pistol Pete is right...I AM different...perhaps a little crazy, too...just a little...

:D

LOL, Pete, thanks for the compliment! I know, I know, I'm nuts...I know more than what I probably should about weaponry...all kinds, too...

...dang it, that's what I get for growing up in a military family with strong ties to a rural lifestyle...and steadfast convictions, to boot...

Aw, well, enjoy the pics! I'll be posting more when I can, soon!

Later!

Jag 8)

#18 ·
That many guns is perfectly normal..........IMHO 8)

That many cats would be crazy!!!! :D :D :D

#21 ·
Bump for consolidation of Gun Gallery threads...

Eh, at least this one isn't of the living dead...

:p :D

Jag 8)

#23 ·
Thanks for the comliment, Harry!

I appreciate it!

Jag 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.