Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

Hot damn! Great weather forecast today, and it's time to clean out the garden(s) and assess whether winter damaged the house. Yesterday I poured two 4' footings for one of the porches, and I'll be replacing a rotted wood column with one of those new-fangled composite jobbies - those things are amazing! Happy Saturday everyone!

Pistolkitty likes this.
  2. retread

retread Member

wi.
    how nice for you ! :) got a lot of ice last night and maybe 12+ in. of snow before it's over tomorrow. wi. sucks this spring so far.

3. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

Working. Sitting in a pile of soil in the rain, potting up 100's of grape vines, currant bushes, blackberry bushes, etc. Interspersed with selling people plants and helping them with their landscape and garden designs and/or problems. And I kind of hope its slow and rainy today because *shocker* I have a wee bit of a hangover. :cool:

histed, adam01364 and SWAGA like this.
  4. adam01364

According to the forecast, we get snow again on Monday.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Repairing the damage on my truck that my SIL caused when he got a blow out at 75mph. Won't pass inspection till I fix it.

DSCN9850.JPG DSCN9853.JPG

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  6. Worked on my car.

It's nice to finally get to do some things outdoors without having to wear a big bulky coat, and taking breaks to come inside and warm up the fingers.

Also glad to be done with snowblower repair for a while.

7. histed

histed Supporting Member

Be kind to Uncle Ted and keep that crap in Boston, where it belongs. So sick of cold and snow I could puke!

EvilE424 likes this.
  8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Decided to modify the design on the coop with some furring strips on the outside to keep the mesh better supported and build ladder-type roosting bars. Ran out of staples and said fugit. I don't feel like going out to buy more right now.

moona11 likes this.
  9. adam01364

Got the site work done for porch footings, looked at one of the roofs and see I've got to call my slate guy, had a lil' ice damage. This afternoon I decided to change out the water and clean the hot tub. The weather turned and what should have been a reasonable task turned into a miserably cold PITA, but it's all done. Might have my coffee in there tomorrow morning. :)

Dane, Pistolkitty and moona11 like this.
  10. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Sitting on the couch with this girl

Attached Files:

histed likes this.
  11. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Watching a blizzard... this weather sucks!

12. Pistolkitty

Trees. Lots of big ass trees was my day. Loving it! PicsArt_04-14-11.20.07.jpg

13. adam01364

You look quite content.

14. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Good trick! Sleeping standing up. While hiding out of course. :lol:

EvilE424 and Pistolkitty like this.
  15. Pistolkitty

I just blinked is all.

What is sleep? I have heard of this thing called sleep, people talk about it. Apparently it is important?

histed likes this.
  16. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Especially to avoid your hangover. :D

17. Pistolkitty

And no hiding out for me. That was between loads. I can't even pee in peace at work without someone calling, texting, or straight up hollering at me through the door. You get comfortable with folks when you spend more waking hours working with them than you do anywhere else.

18. Pistolkitty

Thank god that was short lived. I was fine by 9. Good thing too, got damn busy today.

19. adam01364

Spring is bustin' out all over, and the gardeners and landscapers can't wait to get started.

20. Pistolkitty

We've been going full bore for a bit now here! General mom and pop gardeners are just gearing up, but we have shipped out thousands upon thousands of trees and shrubs already!