Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 978 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Decided to modify the design on the coop with some furring strips on the outside to keep the mesh better supported and build ladder-type roosting bars. Ran out of staples and said fugit. I don't feel like going out to buy more right now.

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
It was 70 and the wind never showed up so I finished up most of the coop. Still have to button up a 2ft section. Could have finished it up after dinner, but nah. Now it's really just a matter of building the roosting bars.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Well, I made the chickens happy.

Building Wood Tree House Mesh

Then I had to go to buy animal feed. Scratch grains, pellets, doggy chow. On the way home in a 50 mph headwind I was attacked by tumbleweeds. It sounds retarded, but I love watching tumbleweeds. Except for that asshole one that came at me stalk first and chipped my windshield.

Rectangle Wood Fixture Tints and shades Font

With the wind being what it is I decided I might want to tie down the trampoline. Turned the corner, rope in hand and....it handled itself.

Sky Plant Tree Wood Land lot

Edit: Oh yeah, and the power is out. Tree limbs down, fires everywhere. Got word my application to the fire department is being reviewed and my references are being checked. Next phone call will be to schedule the formal interview.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Word has it the highest recorded wind gusts yesterday at the municipal airport a mile or so from my house was only 78mph with 65mph sustained. Supposed to stay below 14mph today, so I might go shooting later.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
10 codes...gotta love em!
More than 10 codes on this one. It's a city position so I would be handling Police, Fire, and Ambulance since they all roll from the same building.

Edit: And the Rural Fire Division which is all volunteer as well.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Only thing on my bucket list is; "Make it to your next birthday."

Seriously. The only thing I really have a desire to do is live long enough to be the type of grandfather my dad was for my boys and my grandfathers were to me.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
I played God of War all day. Raining, windy as hell, and cold.

I get to hang out with my namesake for the next 3 days though. He lived up to his name in school today.

Angry Female: "You're such a lying b***h! You don't have a guitar, and you probably f*** your cousins. " **SMACK**

Bobby 3: "You're an ugly cu**." **mic drop, turn and walk**

So he got 3 days off, and she got expelled for slapping him in the face. At least he didn't swing on her, so some of my parenting is effective?

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Geezzz Rach...teach the kid right !!! Always punch a girl in the stomach as it doesn't leave a mark....lol !!!! Worked for me !!!
I'll settle for the verbal knockout. I thought Traci was going to kill him because they called her since I was at a doctor's appointment and had my phone muted. I walked in the house and got cornered with, "Guess what your son did?"

"SHIT!" **on the inside**

Turns out she approved of his decision and ripped the principal a new ass for suspending him for being the one who got attacked.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Outside of a handful of slaps i deserved, I've only had two women hit me that almost made me lose my shit. One was the sister to the wife of one of my Marines. The wife cheated on him, I helped him move back in to the barracks. I was sitting in the day room when the sister came in and blind sided me in the ear hole. She came in for another shot and got wrapped up and put down hard. Still have no clue how she got in the building.
The other was my ex wife. An argument over bill money and shoe shopping ended up with her hitting me from behind with a chair and getting pancaked across the kitchen for her trouble. I left her the next day.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Went and had an eye exam and ordered new glasses. Took the potty mouth with me for the same since he's blind as a bat without his BCG's.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Shit! I forgot to mention that I got a callback from the Police Department as well about the dispatcher position. I go in for testing on May 1st. I was told pay is based on experience and with 10+ years in the fire service and military, combined, that I would be offered a very competitive salary well above minimum wage.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Rach as s dispatcher. Caller, I have a man with a gun. Rach, well shoot him.
"Better yet, I'll take lunch now and come do it for you."

Edit: Big perk, I will get department discounts and legal exemptions if I get hired.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
We called them RPG's...rape prevention goggles.

And maybe she wasn't as ugly as he thought?

And...Zenni Optical is a GOOD way to go, use your prescription, buy them on-line, delivered to your house. Under $50 for no-line bifocals, prescription sunglasses, photochromatic, or whatever. $20 (or less) for basic stuff.
So dorkel got two pairs of glasses today. They finished one pair on the spot during my exam and the other will be ready with my pair tomorrow.

Here's how screwed up pricing is on medical stuff. When I stopped in to schedule the appointments they hit me with $80 no frills lenses and full price frames. Then walmart quoted me $60 for basic lenses and $10 for frames. My eye doctor was like okay, here's these $100 frames for $20 and we'll do $60 for the basic lenses and throw in scratch and glare coating for free.

So I got out the door for $82.

Dork boy doesn't care, he's just glad he can see again.

Glasses Car Hand Vehicle Window

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
You need at least 253 hours of a Reserve Academy to get your Reserve Certification. Unless the Colorado Reserve Certification has changed, you can't be paid as a Reserve Officer. Federal firearm exemptions for things such as full auto are only extended to full-time paid sworn Officers. You will be able to buy at Blue Label discounts though.
I don't care about acquiring FA firearms, honestly. Personally, I have no need for one, and I've spent plenty of time rocking and rolling with them so playtime holds no value either. Now I can buy all the 30+ round mags I want and get the blue label discounts.

It's also 209 hours. 235 is with the driving module. I can also be "employed" as a reserve officer by the department as civilian auxiliary while obtaining a reserve post certification to which my State Fire Investigator, Emergency Vehicle Operator, and Fire Police training certifications from the NYS Fire Academy carry reciprocity. Under worker's comp laws, volunteers are considered "employees" of the organization they work for, and reserve officers are required to be sworn in if their employer assigns them LE duties they deem fit as long as they are under the direct supervision of a post certified officer.

I have to do my fingerprint cards and character references when I go in for testing. All 4 of my references on the application and my old FD already got calls from HR.

So, as a sworn reserve officer for the city, I get paid to work in dispatch by the city. No gun, no cuffs, just a badge and a uniform while I'm on duty answering phones, doing paperwork, CCIC, NCIC, UCRR's, DMV, NAWAS, interrogation transcription, processing arrests, etc.

Since there is no bridge from reserve to peace officer, there's no pressure to transition from reserve to full time. It's not my goal to launch in to a completely new career at this point in time. I'm just tired of sitting on my thumbs and dispatch falls in line with my previous experience.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Went fishin'.

Traci has the weekend off, two kids with birthdays, time to get out of the house. Probably go again tomorrow. Wasn't really the most opportune time of day to go fishing, but for the first trip of the year it was fine. Gave me time to shake down my gear and go through the tackle box. I need to organize it a little bit better though. I think tomorrow I'll set up my 9ft ultra-light rod for trout and see how it does. I picked up a new open faced ZSE20 spinner for it because the original closed face trigger cast spinner was killing me on distance.

Traci caught the first, last, and only fish of the day. She got braggy about it and got fish slapped in the tit.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
More fishing, for about 2 hours, until a windstorm came through. Casting in 35 mph winds is a bit trying.

·
Premium Member
26,371 Posts
Cleaned and lubed both fishing reels, inspected the rods, had to order a replacement for my 35 year old Ugly Stick... tip guide is screwed up again and i have replaced it 4 times, tip is getting weak and mushy from fighting carp... also the graphite layer is de-laminating down towards the reel so time for a new rod.
I picked up a Berkley medium/heavy for catfish. Still love the ugly stick. Only time I've ever broken one was shutting it in a car door, like a dumbass.

1 - 20 of 978 Posts