Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Yep, it’ll make for a memorable holiday weekend ha ha.
    And plus it smells like hell. When all that old dead meat oil and grease starts burning, you get a thick heavy smoke and it smells like shit. It happens real quick.

2. Got the sign a couple days ago. Luckily when I was near done I noticed the flames from below helping out the burner assemblies.

ratchowmein likes this.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I was at the ex's place yesterday and noticed she had set my old grill on fire and it scorched the side of the house...

4. I think I wanta go get a charcoal grill for a backup. I've already replaced the burners in my gas grill once and it seems I need to do it again because they don't last long.

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Central air froze up. Filters were dirty. The central air unit out side was full of cotton from the 2 big trees behind the house and dirt. I've never touched the unit in 15 years. So today we cleaned it out. Got new filters and wait to see if it works after the ice age is over. I have the dehumidifier on and a fan going to speed it up. 20200703_180804.jpg

Rerun likes this.
  6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Take off the triangle piece of metal from between your heat exchanger and see if the fins are clogged. I've made a couple of bucks off people with frozen up air handlers. All I needed was a grill brush with the handle and scraper removed, and a tooth brush for the hard to reach spaces.

Rerun and SWAGA like this.
  7. moona11

I will once I can its froze solid. I have the blower fan going now also. The tower outside was horrible with years of crud it will be defrosted tomorrow

8. harleyboy65

harleyboy65 Supporting Member

I am at employment, even have to work a little, show me the money.

SWAGA likes this.
  9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

10 pounds of chicken leg quarters going into the smoker along with 2 cornish game hens, potato salad, baked beans... keeping it simple. Strawberries, angel food cake, whipped cream for desert.

1024Megabytes and fatal-bert33 like this.
  10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Since the new fence is finished just planted three banana varieties
    • Red Abyssinian
    • Dwarf Cavendish
    • Namwah ( Thai small and sweet)

11. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

Baby bro, his wife, their kid coming over to BBQ and meet my man. Should be a nice relaxing fourth with good food and good company.

12. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Went to my daughters for eats and a swim in their pool. Drank more than normal so now I'm trying to find my bad head medicine. First time in a pool in years, I'm beat and my bad shoulder is killing me. Didn't hurt while I was swimming.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  13. moona11

Woke up with my guts hurting so mostly stayed in bed. Just got the AC put back together and started. Hopefully it will cool down now and not freeze up.

Dubar likes this.
  14. Rerun

Rerun Member

Got seven straight hours of bed rest instead of the couch.
    I remembered to take off my clothes and shoes for a change.
    At work since 1900 local.
    Chasing trespassers off the property - nimrods want to discharge fireworks next to a Shell gas station.
    Just stopped for ten minute meal break - #7 at BK. Whopper Jr with cheese, hold the onion and pickle, w/small onion rings and Cherry Icee...

Whelp,
    Back to work.

eldar

15. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I’d have a hard time not to chuckle at seeing that.

16. The wife picked it out because of the color

It’s actually really nice. I hope it lasts. We use a grill three or more times a week, all year long.

Three burners gets to 500f in less than five minutes. All six, hits 700f.

The ceramic searing grate on the right arm is new for me. I tried it last night and it put marks on the steak in about 30 seconds.

I like my steaks med-well to well and charred on the outside. That took six minutes per side after searing.

Daughter’s steaks moo. One minute per side, no sear.

Wife’s is right in the middle. Three minutes per side.

I also like the fuel “gauge” at the bottom of the stand. The blue color disappears as the weight of the tank gets lighter. Never had that before, so I don’t know how accurate it will be.

Rerun likes this.
  17. SWAGA

I’ll be getting on a metal roof cutting tree branches.
    And it’s only like a million degrees.

Rerun likes this.
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Calling for thunder boomers this afternoon. I sprayed the fence line, and other places around the yard yesterday. 16 gallons of mix. I may take a hike up the street and spray the back fence line and a few spots at the Tweakerville Plantation. Then get out and mow.

Rerun likes this.
  19. SWAGA

B270C12A-D581-45EB-AF14-8D7143FB5565.jpeg

Success!
    Managed to not kill my self in the process. Power line is clear and a little more sun for my banana’s.
    Roof is slippery as snot by the way, least fatal option was barefoot sliding around on my ass trying to use a saw on a pole.

Rerun likes this.
  20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Looks like a good job for FPL to trim the rest of it. Give them a call.

Rerun likes this.