Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

No joke, you don't wanna be out there flailing around with a pole saw and cut a power line :yikes::zombie::fight:

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Dropping a branch on there will fry your ass.

Hurricane preparedness is something the power company is always behind on. I have a dead pine tree that the branches are in between the 2 phone lines going to the neighbor's house behind me. I know what is what on the poles as I did a little aerial work back in the day. Even climbed poles. I will let nature take it's course on the pine branches falling down. I don't want to disconnect their stuff. I took down a phone line with a 13'6" high trailer on my street. AT&T wasn't in a hurry to fix it. Phone lines have to be 14' minimum. Cable TV is above that, then power lines.

Rerun likes this.

3. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

So will a bicycle chain draped over the wires if the wind blows and the chain cuts thru whatever insulation is there. I managed to dodge the VEPCO guys going house to house trying to find the culprit. Hey, I was only 10yrs old, what did I know?!?!?!

SWAGA likes this.
  4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Doesn’t look like it but all wires are cleared.

Rerun and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  5. TNTRAILERTRASH

Your secret is safe for now.............. :stir:

Dubar likes this.
  6. SWAGA

[​IMG]

Dubar likes this.
  7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    He's perfectly safe. He's got that big metal roof insulating him.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  8. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Was going to head out back shooting today but its fricken hot!!! 96 here today. I should of went out this morning.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Got lucky on that front today. Massive rain storm came through last night, just in time for all the morons lighting fireworks in a drought and during a fire ban. Two houses caught on fire from the debris. Supposed to be mid-80's all day and 50% humidity.

So I'm out on a friend's back porch with some beers and the smoker going with some cornish hens and rattlesnake eggs on the smoker.

Rerun, moona11 and Visper like this.
  10. SWAGA

In the shade with a fan going...
    6B965EDA-C5D6-4730-8851-1B10346EEFEA.jpeg

11. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Recovering from cooking yesterday... 10 pounds of chicken leg quarters are a pain in the butt to clean up and prep, took an hour standing in one spot hunched over which is the WORST thing I can do for my back.

90 degrees and 65% humidity yesterday so I was sweat soaked cooking. 90 and 58% today so just as muggy....

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Next time try smiling for the camera instead of flipping it off.

13. moona11

Mowed weed wacked and used the evil round up on most of the weeds. Back drive way is loose gravel so the weeds love it. 1 quart Round up for 2 gallons of water. Will kill about anything.

14. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Got groceries and cat food, the 2 dang cats eat better than I do and cost just as much. I was going to cut grass but it's hot so I'll do it tomorrow.

Stopped at Lowes and Home Depot to get 2qt or gallon jug to put water in to take to the range...nothing but 5 and 10 gallon coolers. I haven't been in Walmart since March, don't really want to go either but I need a water jug.

15. Rachgier

Still sporting that broken saw look. No smiling until I get the lower plate made. Have to call tomorrow to get scheduled so I can have the final bit of work done taking the spurs off that formed in the edge of the sockets where the bone healed.

moona11 likes this.
  16. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

That sounds like a lot of pain Rach, get better soon

17. Rachgier

Nah. I was up and about the next day after having 12 lower teeth pulled, spurs shaved in the upper jaw, and the nerve path along one side of my lower jaw cut open, flushed, and sealed back up again.

Side note there. I've got all feeling back in my lower lip now. They said months, possibly years to regain full sensation and motor skills. It took 3 weeks.

Dubar likes this.
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

Dang the stuff I'm using Knockout says 1.5oz per gallon. 4 gallon back pack. Dribble a tiny bit of dish soap in there to break down the surface tension of the water. Did 16 gallons yesterday on the fences. Did another 4 on the Tweakerville Plantation back fence. Lots of poison oak, and poison ivy. Cut about an acre+ over there. It was getting dark and trying to rain. Haven't cut the yard here at the house yet. Maybe do it in parts in the evenings this week. Or cut it on Saturday.

Rerun likes this.
  19. moona11

It's way over the mixture. 6 oz per gallon for weed and grass normally. I get it free from my kid. He brings in a 5 gallon jug when I need it. I asked him the first time what's a good mix and he said 50/50. If I did that nothing would ever grow again

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

Ortho used to make a whoopass brush killer. I did it really heavy behind my shop once. Nothing grew for 3 years.

Rerun and moona11 like this.