Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Just got thru installing Linux Mint "Cinnamon" on my laptop, I hated Microsoft and Win10, especially after getting a note saying they wanted me to setup a PIN, ain't gonna happen.

It'll take me a while to get used to everything but at least I was able to reload my bookmarks and emails.

I wouldn't have been able to do it without my computer geek/guru buddy, he lives for this stuff. Once he told me what had to be done it was a breeze.

moona11 and Rerun like this.
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

It rained this afternoon so had to use Jameson to start up the barbecue.
    About the only thing it’s good for anyway.
    @moona11

CE32954F-EDAC-4545-8F59-93B99E84353B.jpeg

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You bass tard

4. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

Messed with the heavies this weekend 25/06, 308, 300win mag,223 & 22-250. I need a 243

Attached Files:

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Watching SpaceX feed and splash down and nascrash... some gardening... pick strawberries and raspberries...

Rerun likes this.
  6. Watched the Space X feed as well.
    Kept waiting for a wise ass to say "uh, Bob & Doug, we're got a problem here, it seems nobody remembered to bring the keys to unlock the hatch..."
    Also thought it would've been funny if Bob & Doug emerged wearing green monster suits...

There's just no humor in the workplace anymore.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Bob & Doug? Was their last name McKenzie? Did they make history for the first case of Molson consumed in space? During launch did someone say "3, 2, 1, Take off, eh"? "Tukes in Space".

Elon's a major pot head. There's no way this crap didn't cross his mind.

8. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Musk needs to spend just a few more $$$ on video equipment. I’ve seen better images on an IPhone.

I love what NASA and SpaceX have done, but until you can walk to your spacecraft, take off and land without having to worry about the weather, this whole program will be nothing more than an attempt at greatness and not a normal way of travel.

9. SWAGA

He’s also possibly the most successful pothead on the planet.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Merle likes this.
  11. Fixed that for ya

1024Megabytes and SWAGA like this.
  12. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Going to look at a 2016 Ford Escape(the crossover SUV) with the 2.0L Turbo engine. Front wheel drive which I can live with, I no longer go off road and if the weather looks crappy I stay home. No longer need a pickup so why put up with that gas mileage!

Rerun, Visper and retread like this.
  13. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Ended up looking at a 2017 instead. Literally traded in while we were waiting. Young couple moving up to a brand new Lincoln SUV($65k!!!). They had 4 kids and the Escape was to small now. 15k miles, Titanium top of the line model... $26k all said and done out the door to me. Added the 100k mile warranty because no way am I working on that computer controlled nightmare! Heated leather seat so no frozen butt in winter! Picking it up this afternoon, they were going to detail it fully for me this morning since we completed the deal at 7PM last night.

14. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Whoever invented the heated seats deserves a medal!

Went to the dentist for cleaning yesterday and the orthopedic place today. Definitely got arthritis in my shoulder and they detected some inflammation around the rotator cuff, MRI is next but she's already talking about cortisone shots, which I've had before in other joints, and as a friend of mine once put it "I'd just as soon kiss a dog square on the ass" as have another one.

Babysat the 2 youngest grandboys this morning while my daughter talk with a woman about getting a 16x24 shed built in their backyard. That's almost as big as my 24x24 garage and the shed will have a 2nd floor! Glad she has a good job.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Rerun and Dagwood like this.
  15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Laughing at my kid trying to walk around in flip flops with both big toes bandaged up after a visit to the podiatrist for ingrown nails.

Rerun likes this.
  16. SWAGA

That’s a lot of money.
    I’d hate to think how they took advantage of the young couple then turn around and make money twice on the same car.
    How the system works I guess.
    Enjoy the car!

17. rugrat

rugrat Member

I hope it works out for you and gives you good service! But, I find the price a bit much for a used vehicle that is 3 years old. Not apples to apples but while recently at a Mazada dealer, they had new CX5 crossover vehicles priced in the same range with 5yr-100,000 mile warranties at no extra cost added in to the the sticker price.

SWAGA likes this.
  18. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    A 3 year old lease return with 15k miles is a tiny baby step below a new vehicle. It's not even broken in yet and the way dealers financially punish customers for even the slightest scratch on a return, I'm sure it was treated like it was solid gold.

1024Megabytes and SWAGA like this.
  19. rugrat

rugrat Member

Maybe but, I would rather buy a new vehicle for about the same price with maybe 5 or 10 miles on it and a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty on it with out the extra cost of the warranty added on to the price tag to a used vehicle.

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    In my AO, the new Ford Escape Titanium is NOT “about the same price” as that was. $36,800 base, and up. The dealer probably made $300x36 months on the lease, plus $5 grand on the origination, so they have $15 grand in their pockets, minimum, plus the $26 grand on this sale...they’re happy, and while he might have been able to push them to reduce a bit, he’s got a car he couldn’t touch without another $10 grand in the pot. Unless he leased a new one. Which would barely reduce the monthly payment.

CowboyBob likes this.