Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I stick to Ford... getting foreign cars repaired means a 45 mile one way trip... Ford is only 25 miles.

Looked at a couple Chevy trucks but I have had horrible reliability with Chevy products.

Rerun likes this.
  2. rugrat

rugrat Member

To get our Mazda repaired at the dealer is only a 30 mile round trip that we have never had to be done. We do drive those miles to the dealer to get it regularly serviced for oil, oil filter changes, air filter (engine and cabin filters) though. I gave up on fords and chevys many years ago because of the issues I have had from each of them. I am also fixing to kick my dodge truck to the curb for the same reasons. For my next truck I may go with either a Nissan or Toyota.

Attached Files:

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The payment he’d incur if he bought new, or bought used with low miles, vs leasing.

What I’m doing today is watching Youtubers laugh at the asshat Portland mayor try to claim the rioters in her city are actually Trump agents, messing up her peaceful protestors.

And doing my football coaching certifications. Bullying/Hazing, Sexual Abuse, and Concussions training all from national sources, plus state “Best Practices“ stuff. Gotta CYA, doncha know.

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Getting ready for work. 4 days and the I'm on vacation till the 31st.

5. rugrat

rugrat Member

Not doing anything except surfing the web since I am retired and collecting my retirement check I worked for so hard for many years ago. It is very nice to sit around the house, and collect a check for doing nothing, I earned it and now I am enjoying it!

SWAGA, Dubar and moona11 like this.
  6. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Now you got more time to shoot! I’ve been retired over 13 years, goes by fast.

7. rugrat

rugrat Member

Not really. Momma has found me a whole bunch of other home jobs that she she thinks I need to do! Hell, I should have just stayed/stuck to the creatians at the cat house with no commentment what so ever! ;)

8. retread

retread Member

b2000-ford 2005-Mazda-B-Series2WDTruck-Base.jpg navajo-ford mazda_navajo_1_008000000c950938.jpg

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Registration. The day when we get kids signed up for classes, and try to make sure they have the classes they need to graduate. Should be fun, since everyone will have lots of questions about things, and we won’t have the answers.

Should also be interesting, because....masks. The district wants them, and is requiring them, but I don’t know how the people feel about it, and I’m not sure how the district thinks we can enforce the rule. It’s completely stupid, these people are seeing each other everywhere else with no masks, but suddenly they have to mask up and pretend they are fighting the war on Covid.

10. Recovering from a nasty 48 hour bout of whatever-the-fuk it was that hit me and Sweetie. She got it on Friday, and it hit me Sunday. Massive intestinal cramping, lots of throne time, plus a mild headache. Sweetie ran a 100.4 fever at one point, but I never had a fever at all. Meanwhile, my pita SIL was screaming "Covid Covid Covid" and "Get Tested" over the phone and I'm saying "just cool yer jets and we will see how this thing progresses... but with no sore throat and no cough, we're sitting it out."

And today we're both back to our normal selves and we didn't add to fake statistics. Meantime my SIL can recharge her Wuhan horn for future false alarms.

Rerun, Pistolkitty, lklawson and 2 others like this.
  11. retread

retread Member

sounds like a little food poisoning!

12. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I had a 1984 Mazda B2000, thing kept wanting to overheat. Found out the radiator had only 1 coolant passage in the radiator, mechanic said most radiators have 2, less chance of clogging 2 than 1.

Anyway, put a new radiator in with 2 passages and it worked fine until an off-duty VA Beach cop pulled across and thru traffic and directly he front of me. Totaled the B2000 and his wife’s brand new Suburban when his side caved in from the impact.

13. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I had a Navajo, got towed once and had to explain it wasn't actually a Ford, like they checked it in as. Tried the, "well if it's not in your system properly it was never here," game like you can do if a cop puts the wrong information in your ticket. Judge wasn't suffering any of my shit that day.

Traci did something and stripped first and second. Let the FD cut it up for extrication training AFTER I got the written quote from the salvage yard. I got paid $350 to cut up a car I got for free and drove around for a couple years

adam01364, TNTRAILERTRASH and Dubar like this.
  14. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

My 1st car was a 1970 Opel GT. One day on the way home from work I had to drive thru one of the many tunnels we have around here. I lost 1st and 2nd gear, was a PITA trying to get uphill in the tunnel behind heavy traffic but I made it. Pulled the transmission and found that the roll pin holding the gears in place had broken. That happened 2 more times but I had plenty of pins and found all I had to do was remove the shifter from inside the car to get to the gears. Went from a 4 hour job to about 45 minutes. Car finally got totaled several years later. Haven’t seen one of the GTs on the road in a long time. I can still hear Grand Funk playing in the 8 track

Rerun and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

In college auto shop we tried to talk Doc Brenholtz into dropping a 392 Hemi in his. He wasn't having none of that.

Merle likes this.
  16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Did you hear about the onion recall? Onions get used in so much stuff... salmonella... https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-...-yellow-white-and-sweet-yellow-onions-because

17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I had a Ford Courier. Tough little truck! I commuted 60 miles a day for 3 years in it. Valve cover ALWAYS leaked, didn't matter what you did to stop it. Rust did it in...

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Mowing lawn... sneezing because pollen is off the charts here..

19. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Cleaning things up after huge storm went through Central and Eastern
    Iowa yesterday. Huge path of destruction. Then it moved into Illinois.
    Lot a damage over large area. Quite a few folks injured it it. Cars overturned all over the place. Semis blown over also. The storm was so large that it took 2 1/2 hours to pass over. The whole time winds were 70 mph to 112 mph. Most areas had 100mph for the whole time. It hit us at 1:15 yesterday at 100mph and lost power right then. Still no power here.
    Running on a generator here at home for now. Two closest small towns were advised another 4-5 days before they get power. We should get ours back yet today.

They call it a
    Derecho. Straight line winds.

TNTRAILERTRASH and moona11 like this.
  20. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Yearly physical and I feel violated