Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Send it Southeast! Bad drought conditions here!

2. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

A couple years ago I started losing weight, 245 down to 200 now. I didn't realize my feet had gotten fat too. I thought I had something else wrong with me :ohno: Now that my 11 wides are too big, I'll wear thicker socks :D

SWAGA likes this.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

So are we. 19 years also

1024Megabytes likes this.
  4. moona11

Freeze warning here

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Supposed to get close to freezing wed night. Hope not, I can get 3 more weeks of bean production if it doesn't.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Not a thing. Its 40° outside and raining.

moona11 likes this.
  7. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Just got back from the grocery store, it's a shame what $160 gets you these days.

Had 3 good, low humidity days in a row, now it's back up to damp air and threat of T-storms in the 80s.

Trying to figure out if I should insulate the duct work coming off my bathroom vents, both go thru the attic to vents on the roof but the contractor didn't put any insulation on them.

I don't think it would hurt to put insulation on the ducts, even if it does no good.

moona11 likes this.
  8. Rachgier

That won't help if they're just exhaust. You can buy vent caps to help reduce some, but not much.

9. moona11

Here we insulate the exhaust pipes from bathroom fans. Or you can have moisture run back into your home.

10. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I was getting some mold/mildew on the ceiling of the older small bathroom. I hardly ever use it. I cleaned the ceiling and ran the fan for a few days but then I went in the attic and the duct had no insulation. It’s been very humid the past 2-3 summers here.

The large, newer bathroom in the master bedroom has been fine, but I noticed droplets on the ceiling the other day. I think that was nothing more than not leaving the fan on long enough after a shower.

The newer bathroom has a much better/larger fan then what’s in the older small bathroom, maybe it’s time to replace the fan.

11. OldOutlaw

I doubt your problem is just humidity. Heck, my house is 48 years old and never a sign around the vents you describe. We have had just this summer, as usual here in Iowa, 80 to 98% humidity that lasts at times for days and weeks.

Have you thought of going onto your roof and see if there is flashing around those vent pipes where they exit? Are the vent pipes up there sealed to the roof properly? I suspect you are actually getting water that follows the pipes downward due to no water seal left.

12. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Recovering from burning the candle at both ends, between regular work and outside work along with normal property stuff like cutting grass and getting wood ready for winter...Goats are in they're pen and shelter done (yes I need to post pics - will make a thread eventually).

My back is KILLING me, been hurting for last 5-6 days. I just need to stop abusing it. Of course my wife liked the 25ft by 20 area we made for them and wants to extend it already. Had TS deliver 330 ft of goat fence and some 4/5 posts and some T posts on Sunday. Next is adding on to what is done and adding a 75'x25' rectangular "grazing area". Was planning on that next spring but... ugh I swear my wife trying to kill me...

Anyway, that's what I was doing today and for the next few days/weeks, depending on how fast I want to get it done.

13. OldOutlaw

When ya gonna learn to tie the goats around the property? They will, will, mow the grass and weeds for you. :)

Pistolkitty and Visper like this.
  14. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yes, can't wait!!! Only had them for 3 days now. They still kids. But they will be working soon enough!!

OldOutlaw likes this.
  15. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

That's a big no. The ducts are aimed into roof vents and held in place with zip-ties, been that way since the room was added on in 2000. I don't think there's any rain water running into them. I think the contractor should have put a tail of some kind on the vents to attach the ducts properly.

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Watching it rain, going to go pick whatever is out there for almost ripe tomatoes and bring them in the house. Forecast is frost tonight...

17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Got light frost last night... lost my basil, some of the tomato leaves got hit as did some of the upper bean leaves...

processing last big batch of tomatoes. May get a few stragglers from here on out that I will eat fresh or freeze halved to toss in soups.

18. Rachgier

Well with my 24 hour total up to $100 in parts, for two different vehicles, and still waiting on the extension shaft housing seal to show up at Napa in the morning... this is my day.

Oil cooler line and QD fitting on John's truck to fix the popped cooler line from this weekend, rear pinion seal on my truck, rear universal on my truck.

I'm only fixing his truck today though because it's my only transpo. It's 50° out so I'm just going to soak the old U in pb blaster and wait for warmer weather tomorrow.

Yes, this is $100 in parts. I remember when they were a lot cheaper.

20200910_124103.jpg

19. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Did 6 miles on the beach for the 3rd time this week.
    1:50 which is 10min less then the first time I went.
    For the benefit of Kirk, same beach, same time of day, same temp and humidity. Same moisture content of the sand and same tides.
    So I actually did get faster.
    I hate running with a vengeance so I haven’t in like 30 years so I do interval which is more enjoyable.
    Run, walk, run, walk.
    50-150 yards each time.
    Did stretch before and after so I was still in good enough shape to mow the back yard when I got home.
    Cantankerous mower wouldn’t idle so I seafoamed the fuck out of it till it kept running. The little lever arm for the governor is sticking.

Pistolkitty, Stromm and moona11 like this.
  20. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Watching it rain... again... instead of helping a friend with his brakes because neither of us want to do it in the rain. He really needs to clean his garage out so he can get a car in it... But that is where they tear down appliances and other scrap metal so it is always full of junk being sorted into barrels.