Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I know a guy just like the one you speak of. Scrap metal every where in his two car garage.

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Picked up a newsed dresser for my son and a small freezer for the kitchen, since i tend to buy meat in bulk and run out of space quickly.

moona11 likes this.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

After work this morning I stayed up and got a tire fixed, had McDonald's for breakfast and coffee with my mom. She has been feeling sick with BP issues. They changed her meds. And I have been playing with a new phone getting it up and loaded.

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

New brake pads on the golden couch.

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Up at 0530, had breakfast, caught up on emails, got groceries, mowed the entire property, got the vehicle inspected, went to the Saturday lunch meeting at the gun store and had roast with brownies for dessert. Came home, cleaned more dust off everything from the granite counter top install that was done yesterday. Shocked and put algicide in the pool. Made dinner and settled in after starting a load of laundry.

6. Got a new SUV yesterday. 2020 Tucson Sport. Lease on the 2017 SE (with popular package) was nearing end. Hyundai put an end to option packages, so the SE no longer has things like fog light, power seat, even floor/cargo mats.

Looked at the 2021 Value Edition, still no fogs which I really need. Was suggested a 2020 Sport (no SEL available), and it has everything I need, plus some cool factor stuff like auto-HVAC, heated seats, Bluelink (remote start, stop, lock, unlock...).

As a bonus, the discounts and rebates for the 2020 higher end model make it much less expensive than the 2021 lower end models.

I have to say, Hyundai makes the whole process really easy and quick. From the time I said “OK, I’m convinced to not buy my 2017” to heading home was just over an hour.

Today, laundry, Xbox gaming, chores, nothing exciting.

7. Walked into the credit union to refi the mortgage on the Florida house. Old mortgage was 4%; new one is locked at 2.5% with one chance to drop it lower if rates fall more before we close.

SWAGA and 1024Megabytes like this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

I am listening to the rain. This weekend is a total "washout." Weather girl said we could see 2-3 inches fall in an hour. Yippee. :confused: Thursday or Friday we should get the remnants of the hurricane that is headed to Louisiana.

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

You didn't pay cash? I thought you were selling off your holdings in Mass? Might want to do it while the market is hot. A hard rain is going to fall.

If Trump gets reelected he wants to cut capital gains. I am sure Mass will still ram you pretty hard.

10. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

Sitting here in the house watching and listening to it rain. Looks like all day long too. Then gotta leave for work about 12:00 Noon. Good times.......

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

Yep it is tracking your way for sure.

I'll be cutting grass after work this week just to prepare for next weekend's grass cutting.

12. Yesterday I went to the shooting range to try out a new 7.62 x 39 AR-15 upper assembly. I only got to fire about twenty rounds because the range closed at 5:00 but it worked flawlessly and I got the rifle zeroed with a 2.5 power scope. You got to love the C-Products brand magazines. They make great merchandise.

Now I need to get my laundry done.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  13. TNTRAILERTRASH

Just got my text from Tractor Supply. My 2 boxes of cookies are ready for pickup. Guess I'm going to town. [​IMG] they run out quickly. 2 for $20 on sale.

1024Megabytes likes this.
  14. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Washing clothes this morning.

Gardening, yard work.

Get a nap in this afternoon.
    Work the last day of this shift tonight.

Looking forward to three days off.

eldar

15. We did pay cash. But we used up a lot of our financial liquidity and we decided to replenish the nest egg. And nope, we're keeping them. They generate a pretty decent income and we have a waiting list of people who want to rent from us.

OldOutlaw and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  16. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

cleaned the pool then lit the burn pile since the wind is calm and the County lifted the burn ban. Was more like a Viking funeral pyre then a burn pile, it's been building up for several months waiting on them to lift our burn ban. Lit it off at 0900, just came back in after it finished. Taking a short break then making pork chops and a Caesar Salad for dinner. Be glad when I go back to work tomorrow, I need the rest.

OldOutlaw and moona11 like this.
  17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

absolutely NOTHING. Need a down day after canning for so many days in a row.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  18. Mowed the lawn and did pool maintenance. Cowboys play at 7p although they say the fires in California may delay that. Frankly, I don't care if the whole damn state incinerates itself. America would probably be better off.

19. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

80356D4E-F61D-4F85-94F5-F35437791414.jpeg
    The neighbors house after a day of rain from tropical storm Sandy.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  20. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Waterfront property!!! Have their taxes gone up yet?!?!?! Or do you guys in FL even pay real restate taxes? Disney World can't possibly be footing the bill for everything o_O

OldOutlaw likes this.