Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Menards run, get materials to finish inside of brew shed...

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Bring the bank. Wood has gone through the roof on pricing

TNTRAILERTRASH and OldOutlaw like this.

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Also on availability.

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Dentist all day. Final fit and wax bite blocks are done. Should have a full set of chompers in 2 weeks. Next appointment will be the fine tuning and bite spacing. Haven't had bottom teeth since June. Felt weird. All the nerve function and feeling has returned in my lower lip.

ajole, Rerun, moona11 and 2 others like this.
  5. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Went to the eye doc yesterday to see what he wanted to do about my left eye watering ever since they tried to flush out my tear ducts (puncta) back in January, before I got the cataract surgery.

Thing is...couple of weeks ago I got my 2 grandsons these rubbery, stretchy, spacemen about 9" tall. The youngest one was slinging his around and let it fly, only to hit me square in the left eye. After a brief, intense period of it looking like a waterfall, my left eye hasn't watered since!!!

So I tell the doc the story and he sez "Well, that's a trick I need to put in my toolbox". He told his scribe to write down the story. He said when the other doctor tried to flush the ducts the bottom left duct must have turned in on itself, causing the backup and that the "whack" must have forced it back open. I'll take that rationale any day. No charge for the visit!

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Would fix a lot of things here that’s for sure....like asking for stuff HiPoint will never make ​

[​IMG]

Dubar likes this.
  7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Get there, everything they claimed was in stock was sold out... so much for an accurate website. So going to hit up Home Depot and see what they have... Menards had this nice Pine paneling that would have looked good in there(this is also my outdoor summer kitchen off my deck..) Now I might have to settle for clear poly coated OSB... because I am NOT spending $40 a sheet for top end material!

OldOutlaw likes this.
  8. Rachgier

I about choked when I saw T1-11 had gone up to around $40. Used to be able to buy that stuff for $10 a sheet and $5 per if you bought the whole bunk.

adam01364 and Rerun like this.
  9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

OSB is over $30 a sheet here

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

If I had the time i could pick through some 45yo redwood T1-11 probably totally made of ultra rare unobtanium wood.

11. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Any thing wood right now is up just like ammo. Hell, folks around here that were hit with that Derecho of 140MPH winds weeks ago cannot find what they need to repair or rebuild their house. Or simply cannot afford it. It does seem to be focused to the West of the Mississippi River though from what I seem to read.

12. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Enjoying a relaxing evening.
    20200925_181728.jpg

Rerun, moona11 and OldOutlaw like this.
  13. I got a letter in the mail recently. A dealership we bought our car from is offering me about 60% of the current value of my paid for Mazda 5 to trade it in for another vehicle. No thanks. Likely there is more than 80,000 miles worth of life left in that car. I hate car payments too. We do not drive it much either as it is our secondary car so hopefully it lasts us another nine years.

OldOutlaw and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Golden Couch just rolled 200K
    White Trash Limo 178K.
    90mi a day round trip for work. I should get 100k+ between the two of them.

15. Laying down two pallets of sod. How hard can it be, right? Well, I found out last evening that Bahia sod ain't anything like the sod I got in New England; the frigging stuff breaks apart the minute I try to pull it off the pallet. So what I thought was going to be easy peasy - isn't.

16. Flash, are you saying you Thai-ed one on last night?:cheers:

FlashBang likes this.
  17. What is a "Golden Couch" vehicle?

When my Mazda 5 hits about 199,000 miles in the future I think I will try to sell it for about $1,000 to $1,500 to likely partially finance another Mazda 5. I like the little bit of extra space I have in the vehicle and the Auto manual transmission. Many automatic transmissions in cars tick me off as I prefer to control the gears. My 2015 Mirage has a manual transmission in it.

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

$21.35 for 7/16 which is plenty thick for an interior wall sheathing. Thought about drywall but this is going to see a lot of humidity at times, when I do the hour wort boil to add hops/sterilize it drives off 2 gallons of steam. Going to add a hood but that may not get it all out...

19. Rachgier

Green board or blue board. Is designed for high humidity applications. Grab purple board if you can get it. Much better moisture resistance along with better mold and mildew inhibitors.

adam01364 likes this.
  20. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

....as little as possible.
    Did 6 miles on the beach this morning with my second worst time since I’ve started 10 days ago (every two days).
    High tide so the choice was soft dry sand or soft wet sand.
    [​IMG]
    Got a haircut at a Latino barbershop and shit looks tight with razor cut and everything.
    Enjoying the early evening with a PBR and the neighbors soul music.