Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

When I do the drywall in my new house, hawk and trowel stucco look. AKA hardcote veneer plaster look.

9ft ceilings mesh tape the joints. This boy hates sanding drywall.

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Mesh fiber tape sucks. I learned on it, then switched to paper tape 20 years ago and haven't looked back. You can still do the plaster look with a pan and knife too. I was fortunate enough to learn from guys who had mastered both.

Rerun and adam01364 like this.

3. gambler

gambler Member

What is snow ?

Went to the range this morning and put a couple of hundred rounds down rage with my new Glock 44. I think some of my "shooting high" problem at 15 yards is due to not being able to actually line up the top of the front sight with the top of the rear sights. I've ordered some white paint that I'm going to apply along the edge of the front and rear sights and see if that helps me get my shots down some.

But, I'm really loving this little .22. It holds and triggers like my Glock 19 but it's lots cheaper to shoot and I can still find some .22lr ammo at a reasonable price.

4. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Your nickname is now Dusty!

1024Megabytes likes this.
  5. Rachgier

We have a "what did you shoot today" thread for this...

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    But......he did it "today"...so technically....it's more in line than commenting on mesh tape usage.;)

Watching lots of football film today.

We're spending the next week and a half getting ready for our football quarter finals. We got a bye for this weekend, then we'll play one of two teams that we already beat this season to get a chance to go play in SUU in the Semi finals, also (probably) against a team we've already beat.

Assuming a civil war doesn't start.:cool:

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

....or a pesky little virus pandemic.
    Oh wait...

8. Rachgier

Mesh tape sucks every day...

9. gambler

gambler Member

Oh wow Sorry ! Thanks I didn't know. Didn't mean to get out of line and I'll go see if I can find the right thread.

Is there any you can delete my post on here or move it to the right place ?

10. Rachgier

All good. Just throwing out the intel for future reference. That thread will be in the list of stickied threads in the general firearm discussion section.

11. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Yeah, just a bit. I feel your pain. I’m 6’4” and sometimes it’s a pain in da ass.

undeRGRound likes this.
  12. TNTRAILERTRASH

Mesh is easier to apply (sticky) and my walls will have a thin stucco appearance to it. I did it in this place I'm in now.

13. Rachgier

Paper finishes smoother and takes less mud. Both have their benefits and fall to personal preference. Plus my company used to use banjos, bazookas, and boxes to do finish work. Those only work with paper tape.

Mesh is better for plaster, paper is better for slick and certain textures.

Rerun likes this.
  14. At close to 60,200 in miles the clutch burned out on my Mitsubishi Mirage. We had it towed to a Mitsubishi Dealership as it should have been covered under the 100,000 mile power train warranty. The dealership called and told my wife the clutch and flywheel are not part of the car power train. Umm, yes it is you jack holes.

Worthless Mitsubishi dealership is a bunch of crooks and their warranty is trash. They quoted us $2,000 to repair it. Nope. We are towing it somewhere else to get it fixed.

Rabidwookie and Rerun like this.
  15. Rachgier

Check your warranty paperwork. 99% of the time the clutch, flywheel, brakes, wipers, tires, etc are considered wear and tear items and may specifically be excluded in the fine print.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

I would hit them with the definition of "power train" and read the fine print in your warranty. Also call Mitsubishi. I wouldn't move it an inch. Have those fuckers talk face to face with a man.

60K is low for the wearing out of a clutch. I beat my showroom new 1987 Toyota truck like a rental frequently cranking the tires going into 3rd gear. I got 140K out of that clutch.

undeRGRound and Rerun like this.
  17. I believe Rachgier is correct. Here is their worthless warranty:

10-YEAR/100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
    Applying to original owners of new, retailed Mitsubishi models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi Dealer, our Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the repair or replacement of select engine, transmission and transaxle powertrain components originally manufactured and installed by Mitsubishi that may become defective under normal use and maintenance, along with authorized Mitsubishi powertrain components installed by an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Coverage is for 10 years or 100,000 miles for most models (5 years or 60,000 miles for Lancer Evolution, Lancer Ralliart and i-MiEV models). Any subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/what-drives-us/warranty

18. Rachgier

Page 12 of your warranty.

Screenshot_20201020-184421_Drive.jpg

19. Yeah, the only time I use mesh is when I'm repairing plaster. And it still sucks.

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

I bought a 2000sqft lease purchase house back with #1. She knew how to patch, and finish drywall. I let her do it all.

This boy don't finish drywall. Don't like the dust, don't like to sand.

There is a splatter type finish they are using in Florida where they knock it down flat somehow. I might look into doing that if no sanding is involved. ;)