Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by adam01364, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Well guess what...that damn utility room LED fixture finally quit all together about 4 days ago.

So today I thought I'd do some home maintenance. Replaced the shower head in the main bedroom's bathroom and also fixed the toilet, it had been making a nasty noise for 2-3 months so I replaced the float assembly and all is well.

I figured while I was on a roll I'd take down the LED fixture in the utility room and see what was going on. Surprise!!! I hadn't taped the connections after all. Now to the issue, I must have over-torqued the 14ga wire when I twisted the wire coming out of the ceiling to the LED wire, enough that it worked for those few weeks then gave way. I couldn't tell right away so what I did was connect an extension cord to the fixture and plugged it in the wall. Presto! damn thing came on. So back up the ladder I go to reinstall the fixture, making sure the connections were tight and well made. Been on for 2 hours and is working as designed.

Glad I got it working cause I can't seem to put my hands on the receipt.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

About two months ago I bought a set from Costco for $19.95, lasted about 10 min then it quit.
    Returned it and got another one, but this time the $10 store credit wouldn’t ring up. Manager Lala fixed it.
    Been working sofar.
    Still don’t like LED.

3. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I’ve replaced all the screw-based bulbs in the house with LED bulbs. So far only had 2 fail due to mechanical breakage, electronic parts have been fine. I still have 1 fluorescent fixture over the washer/dryer and the garage is full of them, half no longer work. The cold does weird things to them.

mattman17 likes this.
  4. mattman17

mattman17 Member

I switched all the high hats in my house to philips hue bulbs 3 years ago and love them. Control from my phone can change to 20 million colors and can set geo fences so your lights come on/off when you get a certain distance from home. Bulbs do a lot more than just that too depending on the app you’re using with them.

I also have regular LED that were much cheaper than the hue bulbs everywhere else but am working towards replacing those with the hue slowly due to the cost $$$.

Dubar likes this.
  5. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

They get older, earlier in life these days. Next it’ll be 12 year olds that think they’re 30........wait, that may be happening already in some places...

6. Rabidwookie

Oh my god.....that boy ain’t got 2 brain cells to rub together does he?

undeRGRound and fatal-bert33 like this.
  7. Rabidwookie

Damn, hope all goes well.

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Wishing I was at the range

Rabidwookie and undeRGRound like this.
  9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Like for all but the last sentence.. :p
    She KNOWS, he don't need to remind her ;)

360, but who's counting?? ;)
    Good observation!

10. undeRGRound

INDY
    Here's what I'm doing RIGHT NOW...
    HOOSIER B&G!!! 20201105_114234.jpg

11. Rabidwookie

Me too, brother!

undeRGRound likes this.
  12. undeRGRound

INDY
    ...aaaaaaaand...
    IT'S GONE!! JPEG_20201105_115145_7793071112221690432.jpg

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  13. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Main shopping trip yesterday. People are panic buying again and Walmart looked like it had been looted with all the empty shelves.

Smoking a turkey today, need bones for stock and dark meat for the stuffing for Thanksgiving. Smoked turkey breast sandwiches tonight!

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Wishing I could just leave the house

15. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Paper work, meetings, conference calls, more paper work and a late afternoon conference call to wrap up the day.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  16. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

7 minutes from one post to gone :thumbsup:

Rabidwookie and undeRGRound like this.
  17. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I watched the Verizon dude hook up my stuff to their network. My 2yr "special" with Cox was expiring on Nov 12 and it was going up over $100/month more than what I was paying!!! I said no thanks and switched back to Verizon.

I'm giving them 6 months and if I don't like what I have then I'm dropping down to their minimum package for tv and internet. I like the house phone, but I have a cellphone that's an additional $58/month and don't need both. Might keep the house phone and dump the cellphone, although I do a lot of texting with my kids and a few friends.

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    :rotfl:
    You need to learn the difference between "volunteering" and "offering services" :D
    At least you got it right on your end LOL
    Back or Front of gown? :rotfl:

Rabidwookie likes this.
  19. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You should probably learn how humor works.

undeRGRound likes this.
  20. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Getting ready for work.

eldar