Well guess what...that damn utility room LED fixture finally quit all together about 4 days ago. So today I thought I'd do some home maintenance. Replaced the shower head in the main bedroom's bathroom and also fixed the toilet, it had been making a nasty noise for 2-3 months so I replaced the float assembly and all is well. I figured while I was on a roll I'd take down the LED fixture in the utility room and see what was going on. Surprise!!! I hadn't taped the connections after all. Now to the issue, I must have over-torqued the 14ga wire when I twisted the wire coming out of the ceiling to the LED wire, enough that it worked for those few weeks then gave way. I couldn't tell right away so what I did was connect an extension cord to the fixture and plugged it in the wall. Presto! damn thing came on. So back up the ladder I go to reinstall the fixture, making sure the connections were tight and well made. Been on for 2 hours and is working as designed. Glad I got it working cause I can't seem to put my hands on the receipt.