Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6201 - 6220 of 6458 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
The Chiappa RAK-9 comes with 2 10rd mags. But it will take Glock hi-cap mags if you install a Magazine Interface Plate and a Glock mag adapter.
Well the problem is the Magazine Interface Plate will not lock in place.
upload_2021-2-23_11-17-21.jpeg

Pictured is the plate with the Glock mag adapter. The problem is the tab in the middle on the right will not go under the RAK-9 mag release which locks it in place. Spent yesterday trying to get it to lock with a fair amount of bleeding to my index finger. Called Chiappa and they said to send the gun in and they'll check it out. Screw that for a $14.99 piece of plastic.

So this morning figured the problem was the tab is too thick to fit the space under the RAK-9 mag release. Took a file and kept filing the tab till it clicked in place and locked. The mag release for the Glock mags is on the Glock mag adapter. Tested with Glock mags and dummy rounds and it works as expected.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Working on the "honeydew" list. Then off to the shop to work on my new muzzleloader - I hope. Only about 60 days to groundhog season.

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Said my collar bones were too long. They trimmed them. Bone spurs too. Worker comp dragged their feet on both of them. The left got so bad the bone spurs cut all the way through some tendons. Surgeon drilled a hole screwed in a plastic drywall anchor, stuffed the tendons in there. Allegedly the bone would calcium over them. I still have problems with both shoulders.
Pretty much what they did on mine but mine was that shelf bone over the top of the joint having downward bone spurs cutting the tendons. 3 anchors in that shoulder(titanium). Bone spurs keep coming back every 5-6 years(problem I have all over, especially the spine). They trimmed back to far and now the shoulder joint is unstable causing it to partially dislocate all the time.

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Brings back memories.......same exact thing happened to me. Was food delivering 50 years ago and the short order cook heated a penny in my change. Burnt my finger when I picked it up. Waited for him after work. He was also a foot taller. Jumped up to sock him. I ended up getting the worst beating ever.
The guy was actually a friend, but he said something about my mom and at 13yrs old I had to do something. I got in a few good licks, but he also had at least a foot reach on me. Once my arm fell down to my side he whacked me on the side of my head a couple of times until I yelled out about my arm then we stopped. He had a nice shiner at school the next day, but nobody could see the lump on my head under my hair :punch:

I had another friend that we were trying to box right before we started baseball practice. We both swung at the same time and our hands hit square, my ring finger broke in 2 places.

I rode my bicycle home to show my mom (was a nurse in wwII) and she told me to run hot water on it, made it swell up like a balloon! I think it was suppose to be cold water. Once that happened they took me to the ER.

Here's the kicker...I was in Jr high at the time. One of the classes I took was Art, making a C was all I could do (zero artistic ability). The 6 week report card AFTER I broke my right hand (I'm right handed) I got a B!!! I got a better grade NOT doing any artwork than I did doing it :rotfl:

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,205
Tomorrow I'll be putting a hitch on a Buick Enclave, have to lower the exhaust a coupla inches to be able to bolt it up, but it still looks relatively easy.
and... FAIL. Without my ramps (which are up north) I couldn't get the Enclave up high enough / drop the exhaust low enough to slide the hitch into place. Local shop will put it up on the lift tomorrow AM and bolt it all up for $40.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Oops! And more $$$ than I should have spent.
I thought they were cheap? I bought 2. One was for the 9, and one for the 40. I ended uo with 2 the same size. I do have a brassstacker. It was expensive, and it a stupid design. No top or bottom to it.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Chilling at work. Bored as I'm currently in FB jail for calling a guy a retarded twat after he called me a racist POS. And he gets to keep his post up because it appears to follow their community standards. Yep

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,208
FB? Meh.
Anywho, now you know.
Racist = good derogatory, 'cause the target of the insult will read it and be offended.
Retarded = bad derogatory, cause it offends true retards who can't read it and be offended in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Hot damn! Great weather forecast today, and it's time to clean out the garden(s) and assess whether winter damaged the house. Yesterday I poured two 4' footings for one of the porches, and I'll be replacing a rotted wood column with one of those new-fangled composite jobbies - those things are amazing! Happy Saturday everyone!
I just found a house! I am PCS-ing from Alaska to Wisconsin!!! You wouldn't be excited unless you've been stuck in the interior of Alaska for the past 13 years! I get STUFF and see my family without dropping 5000-8000 a year!! 14 hour or 8 hour drive!

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
I just found a house! I am PCS-ing from Alaska to Wisconsin!!! You wouldn't be excited unless you've been stuck in the interior of Alaska for the past 13 years! I get STUFF and see my family without dropping 5000-8000 a year!! 14 hour or 8 hour drive!
Nice! Welcome back to "Civilization"!

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
You do know that Wisconsin is colder than Alaska, right?:p

13 years in one area? Only in the Air Force.
Hey...welcome home man!:bacon:

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
You do know that Wisconsin is colder than Alaska, right?:p

13 years in one area? Only in the Air Force.
Hey...welcome home man!:bacon:
The coldest that it's been here has been -110 (with the wind chill). I doesn't get that cold in WI. Important thing is that I am now closer to family and back in The US.

Im actually Army. I have a small niche MOS. SUCKS

PS F- AK!!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Me the wife and kid went to Fargo for the day. We did some shopping and had supper at Texas roadhouse. Good eats it was.

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Trying to move an old bookcase and hope like hell it doesn't fall apart...

Reactions: Rabidwookie
6201 - 6220 of 6458 Posts