Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6221 - 6240 of 6458 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Just baked a Devil's food cake. All I wanted was a taste of those Devil's food cookies, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Hope it tastes good with cream cheese icing cause that's all they had too! Also got a gallon of milk to wash it down with. This is about the time the grandboys show up!

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Waiting for Cheetoh Head to take the stage at CPAC :lol:

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Working with my dog. She likes to bark alot. And get a bit aggressive with the puppy. So I picked up a new shock collar. So far just the tone is needed. Lol. She knows its coming if she doesn't behave.
She likes to protect the house from the scary mailman while we sleep during the day.
Got it at Menards the sportdog model 425x. I can add up to 3 dogs to the remote. 500 yard range.

My boss has the same one and said it works really good on his dog

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Working with my dog. She likes to bark alot. And get a bit aggressive with the puppy. So I picked up a new shock collar. So far just the tone is needed. Lol. She knows its coming if she doesn't behave.
She likes to protect the house from the scary mailman while we sleep during the day.
Got it at Menards the sportdog model 425x. I can add up to 3 dogs to the remote. 500 yard range.

My boss has the same one and said it works really good on his dog
Any of the Sportdog ones really do work well. I think I have the same one as you do.

But won't need it any longer. My beloved Bo died in the early morning of 2/20/2021.
He was diagnosed with Cancer. But with Meds, he did basically normal. But come about 5 PM on the 19th, he started down hill. I knew the next morning he would have his last ride in the car. Poor, poor little guy passes at 1:40 AM. We have lost our best friend just before his 9th birthday in April. Darned Cancer got my BO and is slowly taking my wife.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
But won't need it any longer. My beloved Bo died in the early morning of 2/20/2021.
Sorry to hear that as I know how bad you must feel!
I lost 2 of mine over the years and I still really miss them.
They're part of the family. A constant loyal companion that never ask for much. Well except....."Let's play! Throw the ball!"
Always there for you!
Excited to see you when you return from work or were out doing things.
Very sorry for the loss of your friend and companion!

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Sorry to hear that as I know how bad you must feel!
I lost 2 of mine over the years and I still really miss them.
They're part of the family. A constant loyal companion that never ask for much. Well except....."Let's play! Throw the ball!"
Always there for you!
Excited to see you when you return from work or were out doing things.
Very sorry for the loss of your friend and companion!
That is the way we both feel right now. He was a good boy for certain. We sure love that dog.
20201115_202227.jpg

20201115_202243.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
That's tough Outlaw, sorry for your loss pard. Pets can become like family, I know I'll miss my 2 cats, they're 12 and 13yrs old.
Yes you will. So many folks don't realize how hard it can be to lose a great pet.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Any of the Sportdog ones really do work well. I think I have the same one as you do.

He was diagnosed with Cancer. But with Meds, he did basically normal. But come about 5 PM on the 19th, he started down hill. I knew the next morning he would have his last ride in the car. Poor, poor little guy passes at 1:40 AM. We have lost our best friend just before his 9th birthday in April. Darned Cancer got my BO and is slowly taking my wife.
Thats sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I'll definitely report back. Here's a blurb I found on the internet:

The major difference between a standard shoulder replacement and a reverse procedure is that in a reverse shoulder replacement the ball and socket parts of the shoulder joint switch sides. This means their natural position is reversed.
I hope it all works out for you.

I tore me shoulder apart back when I was 14, I'm now 51. Well, more than the shoulder, 3.5" of torn separation, muscles and tendon tears from my diaphragm, middle of my chest all the way around to my spine and up to the base of my jaw and skull. I spent over a year in a full compression immobilizer than six months of PT. My ortho was always honest and kept telling me I needed it all replaced. Collar bone, upper half of the humerus and the shoulder blade. All with a synthetic set.

I asked it it would make the pain go away and he bluntly said, nope.

So, I said forget it. Some days I regret it, but by this time I would have needed another full replacement cause they don't last for life.

But hey, I can do party tricks and pop my shoulder apart so that's something.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Hard for a couple of old folks take. We thought he may well out live us both. If that happened, my oldest son would take him. Son gave him to us as a puppy.
An old folk also. Live alone with my best friend and companion Baxter.
Included him in my will with enough money to take good care of him
if he outlives me.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Yea, it truly does. Hard for a couple of old folks take. We thought he may well out live us both. If that happened, my oldest son would take him. Son gave him to us as a puppy.
It was rough losing Moona and Grim a month apart. Moona was the best dog we ever had old age just got the best of her. Grim was always hell on wheels. These 2 new ones are pretty good.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
An old folk also. Live alone with my best friend and companion Baxter.
Included him in my will with enough money to take good care of him
if he outlives me.
Mother and father in laws got a new one and asked if we'd take care of it if they pass. They couldn't stand not having a dog either.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used to play Soccer and Rugby in my early twenties, Soccer for a Semi Pro team, and Rugby for the Navy (I was at the Navy Academy at the time)
We were going to play the last game of the season for the championship against the Air Force,
a game everybody was waiting for, because our team had very good chances of beating them, (and we hated those stuck-up bastards).
The field was heavy and muddy because it rained hard the 2 days previous to the game, but if you like playing Rugby, you love playing in the mud.
The game was rough, very physical, there were a few fights on the first half.
They had very good players, their wings were very strong and fast, specially one, the one with the big mouth, who predicted he will score 3 times against us, (I hated that bastard !!)
Well, out of the scrum line, a ball gets tossed, and one of their wings picks it up, and starts running, head down like a rhino towards our goal line, and guess who he was ?
I knew I shouldn't have done that, but I hated that guy with a passion and wanted to stop him dead on his tracks, so I went full bore at him, I could have gone for a waistline tackle, take out his legs and bring him down, but I went for a head-on upper block.
The collision was tremendous (still remember the cracking noise)
He tore my shoulder, muscles and tendons, and I smashed his nose, broke a few teeth, and broke his jaw.
I couldn't play rugby for a long time after that.

BTW, we won that game and the Championship that year.

A few years later, I injured that shoulder again on a motorcycle Road Racing accident, but it wasn't that bad, after that I decided to stop doing stupid shit and begun living a normal life

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
I used to play Soccer and Rugby in my early twenties
I worked with an old guy at Naval Base Norfolk who was on the Norfolk City Blues Rugby team, playing in his 60s!!! He came into work one day hobbling and I asked him what was wrong, he lifted his shirt and his whole left side was almost black from the bruising he got in the weekend game, I'm sure he had a cracked rib or 2. He's a tough old bird...87yrs old this year.

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
6221 - 6240 of 6458 Posts