Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6241 - 6260 of 6458 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Filling out my Virginia Vaccine Pre-Registration form. The state has actually done pretty good about at least keeping us informed, but still don't have an actual date I get the shot. In the meantime my PCP sent me a message saying she has me on her list to get the shot when they get them in her office. I'll take whichever one calls me first, or maybe I can get both!!! I'm figuring May/June.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I worked with an old guy at Naval Base Norfolk who was on the Norfolk City Blues Rugby team, playing in his 60s!!! He came into work one day hobbling and I asked him what was wrong, he lifted his shirt and his whole left side was almost black from the bruising he got in the weekend game, I'm sure he had a cracked rib or 2. He's a tough old bird...87yrs old this year.
People in their 60's now are not what they used to be.
I remember as a kid, seeing grannys in their 60's taking their grandchildren for walks in the park, buying them pop corn and cotton candy.....

These days, grannys in their 60's are very different !!!!

02.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
NASCRASH! Otherwise just working on antenna assembly... only 126 more of the little stainless keepers to push on... will go quicker when my new calipers gets here, old one is junk...

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
I fired up the Al Gore solar dryer. 53* 32% humidity and a North Westerly wind my towels, and sheets dried really fast! :lol:

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Going to look for an electrically operated recliner this week. With the shoulder surgery coming soon I need to replace my old hand-operated one, cause I'll be sleeping in it for a couple of weeks from what everybody says.

That will go in the bedroom, probably get a swivel recliner for the den. I have only so many options of how to arrange the room I need a recliner that swivels so I can turn to talk to people or watch the TV. There goes my stimulus check and tax refund!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Going to look for an electrically operated recliner this week. With the shoulder surgery coming soon I need to replace my old hand-operated one, cause I'll be sleeping in it for a couple of weeks from what everybody says.
I hope the surgery far goes better than expected!
Best wishes for a super fast recovery!

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts

That will go in the bedroom, probably get a swivel recliner for the den. I have only so many options of how to arrange the room I need a recliner that swivels so I can turn to talk to people or watch the TV. There goes my stimulus check and tax refund!
Hope everything goes well, and maybe you won't be down very long.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts

I've had 3. Never needed to sleep in a recliner. I did have to sleep with my sling for one of them. You never know, neither does the surgeon. When they get in there things aren't always the way they thought they were.

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
After rotator cuff I slept half sitting leaning against a pile of pillows.

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
I spent my Sunday rolling around on the floor pinning new shoe molding, painting baseboards, and installing vents. Showed the kid how to properly custom cut a relief for the return vent instead of just butting up two pieces of molding and calling it good.

20210306_132917.jpg
received_895495021270959.jpeg
received_432888477803929.jpeg
received_476653050029653.jpeg
received_309464863859545.jpeg
received_177999894090573.jpeg
20210306_184018.jpg
20210306_184022.jpg
20210306_184025.jpg
20210306_184028.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Went looking for recliners, came home empty handed. One place had a sweet leather unit but the electrical controls were on the right side, just my luck. I still may get it later.

Went to 3 other places and couldn't find a 4th place, kept losing the GPS signal so I finally gave up and came home. The 1st place (Haverty's) had a number of recliners I liked, but they either had the controls on the right or will take 9+ weeks to get.

Ate lunch then started looking at the recliners I have. The handle is on the right side, but when I turned it over I could see 3 screws that held everything in place, PRESTO!!! Removed the screws and the cross arm that the handle attaches to, slid out the cross arm and reinserted it so things are now on the left. Took 30 minutes to do 1 recliner, the other one is in the bedroom and will get the treatment tomorrow.

So, I temporarily saved myself $1000-2000. I still need to eventually replace the 2 recliners I have but it can wait until I've recovered from the surgery.

I called the surgeon's office to get things going on the shoulder, to hell with the kidney stone!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts

For about the same cost, you can get an adjustable bed frame. You lose the box springs if you have one, but then you can still sleep in your bed.

Or you can get recliners with a button that pops it loose, then you just lean back. To close, you lean forward and tuck your feet back to latch it.

Reactions: Dubar

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
For about the same cost, you can get an adjustable bed frame. You lose the box springs if you have one, but then you can still sleep in your bed.

Or you can get recliners with a button that pops it loose, then you just lean back. To close, you lean forward and tuck your feet back to latch it.
I bought a new bed last year, would hate to move it out.

I have enough pillows that if I decide to sleep in the bed after surgery I think I can do it, plus still have the 2 old recliners, but they're small.

The doctor's office is suppose to get back with me today I hope.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Looking at 3d printers... found a Creality that can do large object printing and it isn't super high priced https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/creality-ender-5-plus-3d-printer going to order it today I think.
Good luck! I've been wanting one but....

I used to be a draftsman back in the early 70s, pencil and paper. These days if you want something 3D printed you either have to find a file already available or design it yourself.

I've tried designing a couple of simple things using FreeCad and I just don't have "the want" bad enough to learn. I think the actual printing would be a piece-o-cake but the design part, not so much.

I read about this college kid up around DC that had a small 3D business going and saw some of his work, impressive. He was doing train parts in HO, S, and O scale. I do O scale and emailed him about doing a project for me. He has already done one in HO and said it would be no problem to do it in O scale.

Here's the model he sent me, 18" long (3 sections glued together):

Zachs o scale model.jpg

All he had was purple filament. Here's the finished model:
DSCN0839.JPG

And one variation of the real deal (engine went thru a number of mods over the years):
image3.jpeg

Anyway, it's just incredible what can be done with 3D printing, I just wish I had it in me to do it.

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
Good luck! I've been wanting one but....

I used to be a draftsman back in the early 70s, pencil and paper. These days if you want something 3D printed you either have to find a file already available or design it yourself.

I've tried designing a couple of simple things using FreeCad and I just don't have "the want" bad enough to learn. I think the actual printing would be a piece-o-cake but the design part, not so much.

I read about this college kid up around DC that had a small 3D business going and saw some of his work, impressive. He was doing train parts in HO, S, and O scale. I do O scale and emailed him about doing a project for me. He has already done one in HO and said it would be no problem to do it in O scale.

Here's the model he sent me, 18" long (3 sections glued together):

View attachment 71133

All he had was purple filament. Here's the finished model:
View attachment 71135

And one variation of the real deal (engine went thru a number of mods over the years):
View attachment 71139

Anyway, it's just incredible what can be done with 3D printing, I just wish I had it in me to do it.
Nicely done. I don't have that kind of patience anymore. I used to build models, but mostly ships, and aircraft. I wish i had the time to even think about it nowdays.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Training and more training. I got moved to the steel cell. Basically small steel and titanium parts. Its were I started in the machine shop. It has a lot of work so several of us on different shifts got moved to it. Its not bad just busy work. And we retool our own tools. So ive been learning that. Fun fun.

6241 - 6260 of 6458 Posts