Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6401 - 6420 of 6479 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Yeah, I don't blame you. I've never been a fan of "forever" fluid in a vehicle. The same fluids that people with our experience are used to seeing burnt, broken down, contaminated, or other bad things due to time and heat.

Could you imagine if Mazda, Ford, BMW, or whatever motor corp truly managed to invent a "forever" fluid?

It started with sealed transmissions because they wanted to try and force service back in to the dealerships. Now it's proprietary forever fluid from the dealer or forfeit your seriously limited warranty.
Friend had one of those sealed Ford transmissions. What a piece of junk! Rebuilt 3 times by 3 different shops and it still didn't work right. He finally sold that POS Explorer to get rid of that problem. Kid who bought it dropped the engine and tras and stuffed in an older big block, lifted it 6 inches, new axles... strictly off road mud racer now. Had a good rust free body, something you don't see in MN!

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
My Escape is one of those intelligent AWD systems... no reports of issues with it though that I have seen and I dug pretty deep into problem reports on them. Seems to work fairly well the few times I drove it in snow last winter. Had a hard time doing power U turns LOL maybe line lock the front brakes to do it... LOL had it down one of my river fishing spot goat trails last week. Did well in the creek crossing and the mud hole.

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
Drove back 520mi this morning from visiting with family in NC. My ass is tired. Got up 4:30am Eastern. :sleep:

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
My Escape is one of those intelligent AWD systems... no reports of issues with it though that I have seen and I dug pretty deep into problem reports on them. Seems to work fairly well the few times I drove it in snow last winter. Had a hard time doing power U turns LOL maybe line lock the front brakes to do it... LOL had it down one of my river fishing spot goat trails last week. Did well in the creek crossing and the mud hole.

I have an AWD Escape(2005) model. The automatic sensing system has been flawless for these past 192K plus miles. I do draw out some of the trans fluid(5qts) every 15-20K miles.

The transmission is the only weak link within this system in that in order to change trans fluid filter is to disassemble the trans and if that fluid isn't changed sooner than what the maintenance book requires, I've heard of these trans going out with less than 50K miles. This was also on the older Escapes that use the CD4E transmissions using Mercon fluid, before Ford went to 100% synthetic fluid.

Many times it was from not doing a "total flush" of the older Mercon fluid and mixing in newer synthetic trans fluids that is usable in Fords. One does a total flush of the older Mercon fluid, then fill system with synthetic, you're G2G.

So I keep it as clean and fresh with Valvoline V synthetic fluid as possible since Mercon fluid is getting impossible to find on the shelves anymore. To change the fluid on one of these transmissions, I use a pump system to draw out the filler/check tube. Then replace with what is drawn out. When I do replace the fluid, I put in a couple quarts, then start engine and circulate, then put in rest of fluid needed to fill to line or just under the full line on stick to not overfill and create excess pump pressure. Better to be just under the fill line than over.

Del

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
I have an AWD Escape(2005) model. The automatic sensing system has been flawless for these past 192K plus miles. I do draw out some of the trans fluid(5qts) every 15-20K miles.

The transmission is the only weak link within this system in that in order to change trans fluid filter is to disassemble the trans and if that fluid isn't changed sooner than what the maintenance book requires, I've heard of these trans going out with less than 50K miles. This was also on the older Escapes that use the CD4E transmissions using Mercon fluid, before Ford went to 100% synthetic fluid.

Many times it was from not doing a "total flush" of the older Mercon fluid and mixing in newer synthetic trans fluids that is usable in Fords. One does a total flush of the older Mercon fluid, then fill system with synthetic, you're G2G.

So I keep it as clean and fresh with Valvoline V synthetic fluid as possible since Mercon fluid is getting impossible to find on the shelves anymore. To change the fluid on one of these transmissions, I use a pump system to draw out the filler/check tube. Then replace with what is drawn out. When I do replace the fluid, I put in a couple quarts, then start engine and circulate, then put in rest of fluid needed to fill to line or just under the full line on stick to not overfill and create excess pump pressure. Better to be just under the fill line than over.

Del
Mercon has a different name. It's still out there.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Mine is a 2017 so it is different than yours, the 6F35 transmission, 6 speed auto with paddle shifters...

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Mine is a 2017 so it is different than yours, the 6F35 transmission, 6 speed auto with paddle shifters...
Didn't they fix your 6F35 in 2014-ish? Before that it was shuddering and hard shifts in as little as 20k miles if I'm not mistaken, and the only "fix" was routine fluid changing.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Yeah, buddy! Giant step closer to getting the battle burban rolling again. Now my brain is trying to convince my wallet to buy a super charger and a 6.0... I mean it's built to handle 650hp, why not give the old 300 stock horses a bit of a boost...

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
He gone. It wasn't the racist, sexist, bigoted, or genocidal comments that did it though. His grammar made moona sound like a Rhodes Scholar.
That guy was some thing else. Musta been run off a lot of places by his attitude.
You did.......

good-job-smiley-emoticon.gif

·
Registered
647 Posts
He gone. It wasn't the racist, sexist, bigoted, or genocidal comments that did it though. His grammar made moona sound like a Rhodes Scholar.
That's not nice, talking about someones grammer like that. She was probably a very nice lady.:LOL:

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Well if he was a cop, like he claimed to be? He was one of the bad ones.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Acted like he been here before perhaps. FF again perhaps? His IP's change like underwear it would seem.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Acted like he been here before perhaps. FF again perhaps? His IP's change like underwear it would seem.
I don't know. They have taken the membership approval process out of my hand and in to an algorithm that detects spam.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I don't know. They have taken the membership approval process out of my hand and in to an algorithm that detects spam.
I seem to be noticing more trouble makers similar to that one lately. On a number of the company's forums. Beginning to wonder about that.

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
Cut my grass for the first time. Big fun! That Husquavarna with the 22HP Briggs V-2 is so much quieter, and smoother than my 21HP Kohler version

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,747 Posts
Who???

6401 - 6420 of 6479 Posts