Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6421 - 6440 of 6479 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I seem to be noticing more trouble makers similar to that one lately. On a number of the company's forums. Beginning to wonder about that.
I would agree with this. I also participate in the Marlin Owners Group and it uses the same forum software its been getting spammed with new members asking off the wall questions in first posts. Very weird.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Didn't they fix your 6F35 in 2014-ish? Before that it was shuddering and hard shifts in as little as 20k miles if I'm not mistaken, and the only "fix" was routine fluid changing.
Changed trans design internally... can't remember what was changed

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I would agree with this. I also participate in the Marlin Owners Group and it uses the same forum software its been getting spammed with new members asking off the wall questions in first posts. Very weird.
We are seeing a lot of that over on Firearms Talk. And a few listing gun for sale on first post.
And most have some wording in them that is suspicious of their real meaning.

·
Registered
647 Posts
We are seeing a lot of that over on Firearms Talk. And a few listing gun for sale on first post.
And most have some wording in them that is suspicious of their real meaning.

Yes! They seem to have a very strange sentence structure. Maybe bots.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Changed trans design internally... can't remember what was changed
Yes, most trans have a significant internal design change. Opposite from the way it came from the factory. LOL!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Visited my local Academy Sports and Outdoors store today.

Bought some Deet spray, a Victorinox Huntsman pocket knife, a Shakespeare medium action rod and reel, a kydex holster to fit my Taurus G3 pistol and a Resident Senior Super Combo license for fishing and hunting.

Broke out my camping box and am going through the contents list tonight.

eldar

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Nitrous! Cheap to add, instant HP! I would go turbo before blower... with a good intercooler more HP for the $$
Same hp, really. Depends on the setup. It's fuel efficiency for turbos and ease of installation for super chargers that are the deciding factors. Both systems need a pro tuner, high flow exhaust and headers, a better throttle body, a throttle body spacer plate, and a few other things to function properly.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Watching it rain and napping. Sinuses were horrible last night, super bad headache today. I hate these rapid weather changes.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hot damn! Great weather forecast today, and it's time to clean out the garden(s) and assess whether winter damaged the house. Yesterday I poured two 4' footings for one of the porches, and I'll be replacing a rotted wood column with one of those new-fangled composite jobbies - those things are amazing! Happy Saturday everyone!
Right now I'm doing my first attempt at powder coating some old lead bullets I had laying around.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Doing some layout on aluminum tubing/plate before drilling and tapping 20 or so 4-40 screw holes. Also need to layout some notches I need to cut in the 15" x 5.75" x .25" plate. Building a dish antenna feed horn. The part of the ham radio hobby I really enjoy, designing and building stuff. Working on the design for the dish mount, 7 foot diameter satellite dish I will use to bounce 1.2ghz signals off the moon.

·
I Stand With Talon
6,441 Posts
Doing some layout on aluminum tubing/plate before drilling and tapping 20 or so 4-40 screw holes. Also need to layout some notches I need to cut in the 15" x 5.75" x .25" plate. Building a dish antenna feed horn. The part of the ham radio hobby I really enjoy, designing and building stuff. Working on the design for the dish mount, 7 foot diameter satellite dish I will use to bounce 1.2ghz signals off the moon.
I have to get my shack put back together after taking it all down to do the remodeling of the house. I never did any EME on 2m/70cm but always wanted to. The 1.2ghz is something I haven't really looked into.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
I have to get my shack put back together after taking it all down to do the remodeling of the house. I never did any EME on 2m/70cm but always wanted to. The 1.2ghz is something I haven't really looked into.
I am looking at 10ghz! Put a small 1 meter dish in the center of the 2 meter beams for terrestrial, make the feed mount a quick change to swap between 1.2 and 10ghz. After 1.2 10ghz is the next most active microwave ham band. On 1.2ghz I will have 550 watts of power and from the dish that equals 1.68 megawatts effective radiated power. From the 1.2gig beams it will be 84,240 watts effective radiated power. So yes I have to do RF safety calcs and surveys! those power levels start to enter the danger zone especially if someone was standing in front of the dish. From the tower mounted antennas 35 feet up no concern, such a narrow beam width no appreciable power hits the ground until it is well with RF safety limits for uncontrolled exposure.

Fun and joy of running high power above 10 meters! 10 meters is actually the worst band for RF safety, way the human body absorbs RF and how deep it penetrates. The RF safety thing I do anytime I make a station change then add it to my logbook. The FCC CAN ask for it!

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Cleaned out my front porch that turns into a giant catch all mess over winter. One of the projects this summer is spray foam insulate it and then add some nice wall finish of some sort. It is mainly storage for shipping materials and that crap can build up fast.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
And did taxes... I now have a headache from hell... Feds make it as difficult as possible, look at this schedule, now you need this one, check this one too... and they are not included with the 1040 download... I spent more time finding forms than filling out the forms!

6421 - 6440 of 6479 Posts