Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6461 - 6480 of 6530 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Ouch! Our renewal is $15 every 5 years. So far, anyway. It’s an easy thing, you do it online, including taking a picture on your device that you submit with the renewal request, they then put it onto your card.
Ours depends on class 1 or 2. $60 new or renew. Copy of fingerprints, password picture, and forms. Or that and the class taken 1st time or retaken to qualify for extra states. Class cost depends on who's given it. $40 to $60 extra. But we have constitutional carry also which is free.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Ours depends on class 1 or 2. $60 new or renew. Copy of fingerprints, password picture, and forms. Or that and the class taken 1st time or retaken to qualify for extra states. Class cost depends on who's given it. $40 to $60 extra. But we have constitutional carry also which is free.
I was lucky...last time I also had to pay parking, with the covid, they've lifted that requirement :rolleyes: I know $5 was because the city went "electronic", everybody's gotta get their cut. I'm sure the State Police got some too. Last time it was $50 (non-electronic at the time) LOL

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Over the last couple of weeks all of the aftermarket parts for the daughters car came in. Still missing the headlight bracket. It showed leaving Greensboro but I guess it didn't make the mailman car. Will have to finish it up next week. got all the parts for about 1/3 Of what OEM would of cost.

Dosent look too bad if I say so myself.

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts
Over the last couple of weeks all of the aftermarket parts for the daughters car came in. Still missing the headlight bracket. It showed leaving Greensboro but I guess it didn't make the mailman car. Will have to finish it up next week. got all the parts for about 1/3 Of what OEM would of cost. View attachment 73047
Dosent look too bad if I say so myself.

Going to rattle can spray paint it? Or just leave it and say the heck with it?

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
I am just putting it together so it can be driven. The body shop at my work is going to make any adjustments needed to what I did - line up parts and such, then paint it.

Still waiting for the headlight bracket. I super glued the bumper cover where it was cracked and used fiberglass cloth and epoxy inside the bumper cover to further strengthen it. It will be driveable next weekend if it dosent rain me out.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Ouch! Our renewal is $15 every 5 years. So far, anyway. It’s an easy thing, you do it online, including taking a picture on your device that you submit with the renewal request, they then put it onto your card.
I got my lifetime renewal in 2017. I should be good for the next 24 years then I'm out of here.

Reactions: Dubar and ajole

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Got to roll the Freightliner south of Birmingham tomorrow and back. Which Glock to take? Or just say fuck it and roll with the Extar?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Got to roll the Freightliner south of Birmingham tomorrow and back. Which Glock to take? Or just say fuck it and roll with the Extar?
Rifle and a pistol.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Rifle and a pistol.
We don't have a firearm policy at work. I was carrying AN 10.5" AR15 pistol in the car trunk. I may start doing that again.

I'm on video going in and out of the truck from the building.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
We don't have a firearm policy at work. I was carrying AN 10.5" AR15 pistol in the car trunk. I may start doing that again.

I'm on video going in and out of the truck from the building.
Thst AR should come apart easily and fit in a backpack easily. Worked for me hauling mail

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Hmmmm. Sounds like they are perhaps now just looking closer at you. Best be ready to be Audited. Also, remember, the T in ATF means TAX. And, the F means Firearms. What you say on Firearms forums can come back to haunt you. Make sure all your records are in perfect order.
Actually it's Tobacco

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sold my motorcycle today. Sad to see her go but I just haven't been able to get out in the last few years. Not that I'm not able to ride, I just can't find the time and I'd rather she go to someone who has the time to get out on the open rode where she belongs.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
After being locked out of my account in Coinbase for over 15 months and fighting with them several times over this Coinbase staff finally gave me access to my money in the account. Coinbase has jackhole awful customer service.

I sold the Ethereum cryptographic currency (which had gone up about 320% over what I originally bought it at) and pulled all of the money out of the account. I am very happy at the increase we made on the investment but very dissatisfied with the customer service we received. I cannot believe we got over a 100% interest rate of return.

Cryptographic currencies are very volatile if one chooses to invest. Buyer beware. The amount we pulled out was a little over $1,500.

·
Registered
653 Posts
After being locked out of my account in Coinbase for over 15 months and fighting with them several times over this Coinbase staff finally gave me access to my money in the account. Coinbase has jackhole awful customer service.

I sold the Ethereum cryptographic currency (which had gone up about 320% over what I originally bought it at) and pulled all of the money out of the account. I am very happy at the increase we made on the investment but very dissatisfied with the customer service we received. I cannot believe we got over a 100% interest rate of return.

Cryptographic currencies are very volatile if one chooses to invest. Buyer beware. The amount we pulled out was a little over $1,500.
So your initial invested amount was about $175? $175 @ 320% (compounded annually) over 1.5 years is roughly $1500. Not bad at all.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
The initial investment was $480. We put it in around early 2018. Multiply 3.2 by 480 and you get 1,536. That was close to my withdrawal from the investment.

The investment was in for about three years. Ethereum currency really started gaining in December 2020. By January 1st it was trading at $980. On the 19th of April 2020 it was trading at close to $2,500 and that is when I sold it off.

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Put together my Vudoo 22lr with McMillan stocks and Nightforce scope
Hope it shoots like it should! Looks great!

Right now I’m sitting on a jury duty selection, online process. Much nicer than going to the court house.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
653 Posts
Right now I’m sitting on a jury duty selection, online process. Much nicer than going to the court house.
Hang the bastard!!! What's he charged with? LOL!!

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Hang the bastard!!! What's he charged with? LOL!!
CRAP. Made the team, so tomorrow I have to go to the courthouse for the jury trial. Only good thing is, it's 3 minutes from my house, and there's plenty of parking.

I forget the exact charge. Failure to follow lawful orders, or evading a police officer....something like that.

Same basic thing my wife got charged with, after she drove two short little town blocks finding a place to pull off the busy road that has NO shoulder. It's a felony charge!

The prosecutor may have picked the wrong juror if it turns out to be something like that. But they didn't ask a single question before dropping me out of the on-line meeting, so I had no chance to tell them anything.

In my wife's case, the judge tossed it within 3 minutes, and "publicly chastised" the rookie cop that wrote it and the DA that brought it to trial.

6461 - 6480 of 6530 Posts