Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6521 - 6540 of 6624 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
I scalped the Tweskerville Plantation on Saturday. Deck set on 3. Should last 2 weeks. Did most of my yard last night. Squishing through the mud. Sounded like an airboat. Rained all day Sunday getting more tonight.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
With all the rain we keep getting I can't get mine to stop growing.
We need rain so bad. Prescott actually got more snow than we did.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Not so much of what doing today, but more of a past 3-4 days. Mower kept acting up and wouldn't start. All I kept getting was a click-click from switch. Finally, after keeping turning the key, mower started up as if nothing happened and I mowed about 2 acres(didn't shut off mower either). Got mower parked back in the shed and removed the control panel and looked at all the wiring I could go through(ignition switch/hour gauge/amp meter/oil low light/fuses). Removed and checked other safety/wiring connections. Found one push on connector behind control panel that seemed bad and repaired. Went to start, and vroooom. Great. I shut it down. Found problem. Nope. Went to restart and wouldn't start.

I accidently grabbed hold of the manual blade engagement handle and pulled back while attempting to start and all sudden engine roars to life again. Shut off, and again held back on the blade engagement handle and again the mower restarted. A-HA!. Removed a safety switch and found 30yrs of crud built up under the micro snap lever switch's lever(just a fancy name for a simple safety switch to keep engine from starting while the blades are engaged) that prevented the lever from fully pushing the micro switch into the "off/safe to start" position. Spent last 2 days looking to find a new switch(a switch like I need--remember it's a 30yo mower) and found one like the mower company actually used for less than $20..

Tomorrow I re-install the old switch that I cleaned up to see if it works. It should, but at least I now know where I can get a new switch with a part #, if I need to order it.

Might even check with some of the local tractor/home supply stores. Switch is used for many of todays HVAC, plumbing, irrigation needs in my area, so should be easy to find now that I think about it.

It's been so rainy here in Missouri, that at least I had the time to get grass mowed this past Friday, then try and sort out this mess before the grass gets too high again this or next week. I don't worry with this mower when it comes to cutting grass. IM001080.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Not so much of what doing today, but more of a past 3-4 days. Mower kept acting up and wouldn't start. All I kept getting was a click-click from switch. Finally, after keeping turning the key, mower started up as if nothing happened and I mowed about 2 acres(didn't shut off mower either). Got mower parked back in the shed and removed the control panel and looked at all the wiring I could go through(ignition switch/hour gauge/amp meter/oil low light/fuses). Removed and checked other safety/wiring connections. Found one push on connector behind control panel that seemed bad and repaired. Went to start, and vroooom. Great. I shut it down. Found problem. Nope. Went to restart and wouldn't start.

I accidently grabbed hold of the manual blade engagement handle and pulled back while attempting to start and all sudden engine roars to life again. Shut off, and again held back on the blade engagement handle and again the mower restarted. A-HA!. Removed a safety switch and found 30yrs of crud built up under the micro snap lever switch's lever(just a fancy name for a simple safety switch to keep engine from starting while the blades are engaged) that prevented the lever from fully pushing the micro switch into the "off/safe to start" position. Spent last 2 days looking to find a new switch(a switch like I need--remember it's a 30yo mower) and found one like the mower company actually used for less than $20..

Tomorrow I re-install the old switch that I cleaned up to see if it works. It should, but at least I now know where I can get a new switch with a part #, if I need to order it.

Might even check with some of the local tractor/home supply stores. Switch is used for many of todays HVAC, plumbing, irrigation needs in my area, so should be easy to find now that I think about it.

It's been so rainy here in Missouri, that at least I had the time to get grass mowed this past Friday, then try and sort out this mess before the grass gets too high again this or next week. I don't worry with this mower when it comes to cutting grass. View attachment 73154

Try www.digikey.com for the switch. Go straight to the source instead of paying the middle man markup. They sell to the public but are a huge supplier to manufacturing/repair depots.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Hating my head... major allergy attack from mowing. Been dry here too so the grass underneath was dead and dry, wind was swirling so it seemed like I was in a cloud of grass clippings no matter what direction I headed in.I had grass in places you don't want grass when I got done. That deck tosses grass 20 feet and it flies upwards...

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Thanks MaryB, but that site has nothing that I could use on this type mower, unless Elon Musk does a serious update on it for me. Electric mowers have come a long way though with lithium battery power, special designed low consumption LED readout and motors that have/give more power for their size.. Saw a new Gravely 72" electric mower. Only $27K plus tax would drive that badboy right out the door.

Anyway, after cleaning out the snap lever switch of built up crud under the trip arm and reinstalled, mower fired right up.

Mowing grass is not good for anybody with allergies. Get well.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
YEEHAW!!! Got the stent out today, felt like they were removing a corkscrew 😬 but it was over fast enough. So far little to no blood, but my kidney was having withdrawal pains so I took a pill. Hope that's the last damn kidney stone I get, I'm getting too old to go thru that again and don't wish that on anyone.

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
Region track meet, our boys won the championship, girls took third of 6 teams, better than we anticipated.
I had 5 boys of the seven finalists in the discus, 3 of 7 in the Javelin, but only 1 in the shot put. My girls all threw their best of the year, the senior placed 1st in Disc and 2nd in shot. We go to state in 10 days.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
In the last few days I went shooting out in the middle of the desert. On a deserted road I decided to test the sports mode on the car. I only got it to 101 miles per hour before I put it in neutral and coasted down to about 60 miles per hour. I do not like driving like a maniac but sometimes you want to test your car and I was on an empty desert road.

A lot of automobiles I hear have a governor that won't let you exceed over 105 miles per hour.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Went to the grocery store last Friday. As I was looking over the produce section, this guys comes up behind me and starts talking like we had known each other for years. I turn to look at him and didn't recognize him but said hello to be polite.

Kept looking at the produce, he kept talking. I started getting suspicious so I made a couple of back and forth passes down the aisle, he kept following me and at this point not saying anything but kept getting closer, almost within arms reach.

After about 4-5 minutes, I headed over to the next aisle, when I turned into the aisle there was 2 employees stocking the freezer section. I had an odd feeling and tilted my to see this guy was still behind me!!! At that point I turned and got a good look at him, even with a mask on I knew I didn't know him. He was about 5-6, mid-30s and slim. I told him in front of the 2 employees "Hey buddy, I don't know you so you better back off, NOW!".

At this point the guys bugs out. The male employee followed him to the front door and came back saying he left on a bicycle.

He was close enough that he could have tried to pick my pocket, or knifed me. Just had a feeling the whole situation was not right. I had something like that happen before where a guy in the checkout lane was practically hovering over me, probably to see if he could see my pin number on the keypad as I typed it in. I also told him to back off.

Neither time was I carrying, but that's about to change. When I left the store I made sure I didn't see him in the parking lot, this was around 3pm.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Going to try tilling more garden... may be to wet... I can plant some stuff where I already tilled. Companion planting onions with the potatoes, the onions give off a scent potato beetles don't like.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
My clothes washer broke about ten days ago. We had someone haul it away for free. His company refurbishes them and then resells them.

We got another RCA brand washer for close to $475 with a five year warranty on it. We installed it yesterday. It works great (better than the old washing machine thus far). I also went shooting at the range today. It was not easy getting to it because construction had ripped all the roads apart.

I got a Mossberg Model 702 .22 Long Rifle carbine zeroed out to about 80 yards with a red dot sight. I was getting hits at 77 yards on an 8.5 x 11 inch target. The original iron sights were trash on it. The new red dot sight got glued on to a mount with Locktite. Now I can afford to go shooting again. .22 Long Rifle and 7.62 x 39 is the only ammo I can find that is affordable.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Going to spend the afternoon with my mom. We are going to the small graveyards in the area and placing flowers on our friends and family graves.

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
This was the weekend we went to the cemetery where mom's mom was buried. We flipped up the bronze vase out of the marker. Place fresh cut lilacs in it. Went across the road and fed the swans bread.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Sunday was go to mu uncles grave(he was killed in Korea) and clean it up, plant flowers, replace he flag. I brought extra flags so replace them on 19 other Sioux Uprising/civil war/ WWI & II/Korea graves. BBQ yesterday, brisket, ribs, pan of beans in the smoker, coleslaw... and lots of beer! Worked on the garden too.

Today is let sore muscles recover, over did yesterday!

·
Registered
667 Posts
My wife and I ran a few errands together and then went to the range. I shot my Ruger ECs9 and she shot the LCPII 380. Our Governor Abbott is about to sign HB1927 allowing Constitutional Carry in Texas and my wife (who has had firearms training previously) is considering the LCPII for EDC. She shot better than I did today! Then we went to the farmers market and got tomatoes.

6521 - 6540 of 6624 Posts