Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6561 - 6580 of 6623 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
I am not a lab rat, no shot for me! Well I am allergic to it too so... I have no desire for a 4 week long migraine...

100 degrees, 2 rows left to plant but it is sweet corn and I have 2 rows in already so I may wait 2-3 days for temps to fall into the mid 90's. next 10 days are forecast to be mid to high 90's and very little rain... only plus side is no lawn mowing needed, it is going dormant. Hard to keep enough water on the garden to get things to sprout!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Garden planting still, testing my new Ryobi 40 volt battery powered chainsaw... switching to battery operated stuff for less vibration. The vibration really does a number on my shoulders.
I bought a Ryobi brand electric lawn mower recently. Every spring season I grew tired of gasoline lawn mower maintenance. It mows well for about 35 to 40 minutes in grass that is not really high. It is quiet and also much lighter than a push gasoline lawn mower. I love it thus far.

Reactions: moona11 and Dubar

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
I bought a Ryobi brand electric lawn mower recently
I bought a Greenworks Pro 80v battery-powered mower a few months ago, my right shoulder couldn't take yanking on the gas powered engine anymore. It came with 2 batteries, each lasts 30 minutes or so. I can cut the frontyard plus the sides on one battery charge then swap to the other while the 1st is recharging, to finish the backyard. It makes quick work of magnolia leaves too!!! All I have to do now is insert a battery, press a button, and hold down the safety handle and off I go. Quiet and lightweight like your Ryobi.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
I am not a lab rat, no shot for me! Well I am allergic to it too so... I have no desire for a 4 week long migraine...

100 degrees, 2 rows left to plant but it is sweet corn and I have 2 rows in already so I may wait 2-3 days for temps to fall into the mid 90's. next 10 days are forecast to be mid to high 90's and very little rain... only plus side is no lawn mowing needed, it is going dormant. Hard to keep enough water on the garden to get things to sprout!
I bought a Ryobi brand electric lawn mower recently. Every spring season I grew tired of gasoline lawn mower maintenance. It mows well for about 35 to 40 minutes in grass that is not really high. It is quiet and also much lighter than a push gasoline lawn mower. I love it thus far.
I got a 40v hart chain saw after my craftsman wouldn't start. I use it my be 1 time a year and tired of it.

It hit 102 here today going to do yard work tomorrow supposed to be in the 80s

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
My john deere rider starts easy in the spring. I just top it off with good gas and seafoam in the fall.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
I’ve had weird side effects from the moderna shots. Got my second shot 4/19. Starting about ten days later, I started getting forgetful, absent minded. Drives me and the wife nuts. BP is higher, chest always feels tight, daily cough, arm where I got the shots still feels like it’s bruised. That shoulder joint which has always been the one good joint in my body now hurts 24/7. I still get hot/cold flashes like I did after getting the first shot. Both shots made me sick for 3-5 days, horrible flu symptoms. Had fever both times over 101.

Three lab tests for COVID and the flu, all negative.

All stuff I’ve never dealt with. Heck I don’t even get a flu shot because the only times I have I’ve been sick for over a week. Sick enough I just stated in bed. No flu shot, I never got the flu.

All the side effects I have were becoming more and more common until the CDC started telling everyone to stop reporting them. My doctors all said “yea, we’re seeing that more and more and the CDC doesn’t care”.

I know four people who completed vaccinations, kept wearing masks, social distancing, all the suggested safety measure. All about a month later got sick and lab tested positive for COVID. No one hospitalized, but missed at least four days of work. Interestingly, requests to get tested for the flu were denied.

Of the two hundred people I know got fully vaccinated, more than 20 later got sick with “symptoms of COVID”. Only those four got lab tested. The others said their docs wouldn’t put in for lab testing cause no one cares anymore. Symptoms are good enough.

Also, all of the ones who got diagnosed with COVID after vaccination had something like high BP, high Cholesterol, 20% over weight or more, were med-heavy smokers, diabetes, or a combo of those.

I know more people who got sick after vaccination than those who got sick without vaccination.
Everyone i know around here who was vaccinated managed not to have any Covid like symptoms as of yet, knock on wood, but my mom and her husband both got knocked on their butts for a couple of days in between shots.

i felt fine after my first shot, but the guy who got his shot right before I did fell right out of his chair a few minutes later... so Bob (pharmacist, Medical Examiner, semi-retired MD, chairman of the fire department board of trustees) and I went to work on the kid while his buddies freaked out. Turns out he's deathly afraid of needles and had a delayed panic attack.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Everyone i know around here who was vaccinated managed not to have any Covid like symptoms as of yet, knock on wood, but my mom and her husband both got knocked on their butts for a couple of days in between shots.

i felt fine after my first shot, but the guy who got his shot right before I did fell right out of his chair a few minutes later... so Bob (pharmacist, Medical Examiner, semi-retired MD, chairman of the fire department board of trustees) and I went to work on the kid while his buddies freaked out. Turns out he's deathly afraid of needles and had a delayed panic attack.
Almost everyone that had covid that got the shot got sick. Those that didn't have covid felt fine.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Sneezing, wind is gusting to 40mph and it is a dust storm with the dry ground... sinuses dumping so bad I can't sleep.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
What is this rain you speak of? .34" in May, ZERO so far this month

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
What is this rain you speak of? .34" in May, ZERO so far this month
Let's see May 29th, 4" of rain with 1"+ chunks of hail.
May 30th, 2" of rain with hail.
May 31st, 3" if rain with hail.

Good thing I went out the 28th to get my birthday drinking in.

We got enough rain in 3 days to beat our annual rainfall average, pull us out of drought status, and put us 3" over for our YTD rainfall averages. 2nd or 3rd wettest May in recorded history for the area.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Full blown drought conditions here... need 2-3 inches of rain over 2 days to replace some of the sub soil moisture. Making tower hole easier to dig though! Hard pan isn't wet so easier to get through it. Use a digging bar to break it up and scoop it out.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Full blown drought conditions here... need 2-3 inches of rain over 2 days to replace some of the sub soil moisture. Making tower hole easier to dig though! Hard pan isn't wet so easier to get through it. Use a digging bar to break it up and scoop it out.
We got your rain and hail last night

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Your rain come through down here yesterday afternoon and last night. Pretty beneficial rain for part of SE Iowa.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
More rain came through here too. Needing 2" of rain doesn't exactly mean you're in a drought when you get rain and snow half the year. We average over 300 days of sun where I live. We literally have about 2 months a year to get the entire year's worth of precip. It also doesn't help they keep moving the goalposts on the drought stages...

I love the lack of humidity. I'm going to die when I get to Texas!

6561 - 6580 of 6623 Posts