Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6581 - 6600 of 6623 Posts

·
I Stand With Talon
6,490 Posts
More rain came through here too. Needing 2" of rain doesn't exactly mean you're in a drought when you get rain and snow half the year. We average over 300 days of sun where I live. We literally have about 2 months a year to get the entire year's worth of precip. It also doesn't help they keep moving the goalposts on the drought stages...

I love the lack of humidity. I'm going to die when I get to Texas!
Today is the first day in in the past 2 weeks that it didn't rain here. We've been getting a bunch of strong storms in our area.
Texas humidity is nothing to play with... it will kick your butt. I'm at 7 and a wake up until I drag bag out of work so when you get down here let me know and we'll get together. The 18th is my last day.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
A little while ago our co-worker came back from about a one week vacation. He told us his 34 year old sister died in a head on collision with a truck on a two lane road. (It was a Ford F-150 I believe that crashed into their car.) Her husband was driving during the accident. The other driver was in their lane of traffic according to the story. Their two children now have no mother. Sad times.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
More rain came through here too. Needing 2" of rain doesn't exactly mean you're in a drought when you get rain and snow half the year. We average over 300 days of sun where I live. We literally have about 2 months a year to get the entire year's worth of precip. It also doesn't help they keep moving the goalposts on the drought stages...

2" would be a start... US drought monitor has the western part of MN as abnormally dry/moderate drought https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?MN Farmers really need the rain too, lotof fields haven't come up yet, seed can only sit in the ground so long before rot sets in. Lawn is brown and crunchy like it is late August.

And we didn't get crap for snow last year!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

Humidity is the worst. I can deal with heat or cold. And the colder the better.

Ive gotten heat stroke or exhaustion whatever it is. That Humidity just kills me.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Humidity is the worst. I can deal with heat or cold. And the colder the better.

Ive gotten heat stroke or exhaustion whatever it is. That Humidity just kills me.
I have a bad time with humidity due to Emphysema. Just takes all the energy out of me. Even with A/C we still
have to run a small dehumidifier.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Had my bottom left eyelid cut on today to try and fix the watering problem I've had:

Hope it works so he can get to work on the right eye or I'm going to look lop-sided for the duration. Feels like someone punched me in the eye, doesn't hurt much just makes me look like an alien. Things should even back out when healed.

Hey, I used to be cute back in the day!!!

Dang that photo is large 🤪

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Had my bottom left eyelid cut on today to try and fix the watering problem I've had:

View attachment 73299

Hope it works so he can get to work on the right eye or I'm going to look lop-sided for the duration. Feels like someone punched me in the eye, doesn't hurt much just makes me look like an alien. Things should even back out when healed.

Heal fast and get well soon Dubar,

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Thanks OO!!! I go back at 0745 tomorrow for the post-op checkup. Now that the anesthesia has worn off it's starting to throb a bit, but not much swelling. Wasn't much to it at all, just hope it works.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Thanks OO!!! I go back at 0745 tomorrow for the post-op checkup. Now that the anesthesia has worn off it's starting to throb a bit, but not much swelling. Wasn't much to it at all, just hope it works.
Keep the faith my friend. Wife and I will give a prayer for you tonight.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

View attachment 73299

Look Buzz an 👽

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
2" would be a start... US drought monitor has the western part of MN as abnormally dry/moderate drought https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?MN Farmers really need the rain too, lotof fields haven't come up yet, seed can only sit in the ground so long before rot sets in. Lawn is brown and crunchy like it is late August.

And we didn't get crap for snow last year!
What's your point? You're abnormally dry?

Okay, Mary, you can have the worst drought too.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
You should be good. Although my left eye doesn't water because a dog ripped my eyelid off, severing the ducts. You went and had a trained surgeon so it on purpose. The way the world works now you've only got a 50/50...

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dubar

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Never said worst, YOU mentioned 2" of rain wouldn't help when in fact it would... as long as it isn't in an hour like sumer t-storms have a bad tendency to dump. 2" will get crops to germinate then any rain here and there will at least get farmers a yield. I hate lawn mowing so a dormant lawn is no biggie LOL

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Never said worst, YOU mentioned 2" of rain wouldn't help when in fact it would... as long as it isn't in an hour like sumer t-storms have a bad tendency to dump. 2" will get crops to germinate then any rain here and there will at least get farmers a yield. I hate lawn mowing so a dormant lawn is no biggie LOL
Whatever,Mary. You and your abnormally dry self win.

6581 - 6600 of 6623 Posts