Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

6601 - 6620 of 6623 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Had my bottom left eyelid cut on today to try and fix the watering problem I've had:

View attachment 73299

Hope it works so he can get to work on the right eye or I'm going to look lop-sided for the duration. Feels like someone punched me in the eye, doesn't hurt much just makes me look like an alien. Things should even back out when healed.

Hey, I used to be cute back in the day!!!

Dang that photo is large 🤪
Hope it weren't yer' aimin' eye! GWS!

Reactions: Dubar

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Looks like we are out of the drought and into the floods with over 5” of rain last night and still raining today
Here they've got the water trucks driving up and down Hwy 50 and 1st street with skid steers coming behind to scrape up all the dirt turned mud clogging the gutters. Flash flooding stripped the top layer off everything and deposited it in the streets.

Reactions: moona11

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Doing the bare minimum and running out the clock until next Friday. I almost feel bad for not doing much... but then I blink and the feeling passes.
LOL I know you remember what to do when you're down to single digits and a wake up. Head down, ass clenched, and don't make any waves.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Loading a few extra mags and packing some bags for the range Sunday. Was supposed to be taking a friend and his wife to Cecil Webb for some outdoor range time but they bailed so guess I’m just taking way too much for myself to have some fun. Need to break in a few new ones, sight some optics and just all around enjoy the morning.

Probably do pistol range first since that’s where bulk of my time will be used then to the rifle range to work on the AR and 10/22 has a new Burris I need to sight in.

They lifted the reservation req’s so I’ll be there bright and early before it gets too hot and packed I hope.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I went to an amusement park yesterday and rode rides and went on the water slides. It was great to see most people enjoying themselves, children playing, and very few people wearing masks. It felt like life back in 2019.

At one point in the park we went on a carousel. The ride is the oldest carousel in Utah that is over 125 years old and well maintained.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
June VHF contest so I will be playing radio most of the weekend. The contest is to see who can make the most contacts/most unique grid squares for he highest score. Go my new 750 watt 70cm(432mhz) amplifier inline last night to help those longer range contacts.

People claim VHF is line of sight... I will be making contacts to 500++ miles this weekend!

·
I Stand With Talon
6,490 Posts
June VHF contest so I will be playing radio most of the weekend. The contest is to see who can make the most contacts/most unique grid squares for he highest score. Go my new 750 watt 70cm(432mhz) amplifier inline last night to help those longer range contacts.

People claim VHF is line of sight... I will be making contacts to 500++ miles this weekend!
Are you doing VHF (2m) and UHF (70cm) or just VHF for grids? How many watts are you running for the VHF?
Most folks around here don't run high watts for VHF SSB. Any problem with multi-path on UHF running power in your AO?

·
Registered
667 Posts

My brother is a HAM operator and I remember as a kid they used to have contests like this. Most distant contact, most contacts in 2 hours, etc. Do you guys use QSL cards?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Some folks still mail QSL cards, I do it via digital QSL entries.
Yes, I can remember when he was a teenager he had plastic sleeves with QSL cards from all over hanging on his bedroom wall.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Are you doing VHF (2m) and UHF (70cm) or just VHF for grids? How many watts are you running for the VHF?
Most folks around here don't run high watts for VHF SSB. Any problem with multi-path on UHF running power in your AO?
6 meters(50mhz) I run 100 watts(working on a 350 watt amplifier), 2 meters(144mhz) I run 1,000 watts, 1.25 meters(222mhz) a whopping 5 watts, need an amplifier..., 70cm(432mhz) I run 750 watts, 23cm(1.296ghz) I run 550 watts, 10ghz(10,000mhz) working on the 10 watt amplifier. This is all SSB/CW(Morse code)/digital(FT8) weak signal work. LOTS of antennas LOL multipath is common 2 meters and up, at 10ghz it can be horrible with clouds, planes, building all causing it. At 10ghz people actually make contacts off storms using them as a reflector to land their signal up to 300 miles away.

Reactions: FlashBang

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
My brother is a HAM operator and I remember as a kid they used to have contests like this. Most distant contact, most contacts in 2 hours, etc. Do you guys use QSL cards?
Most are doing digital cards, exception being moon bounce contacts, people like to exchange actual cards for that.Logbook of the World is the most used software.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Most are doing digital cards, exception being moon bounce contacts, people like to exchange actual cards for that.Logbook of the World is the most used software.
"Moon bounce contacts." Wow! How cool is that??

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
"Moon bounce contacts." Wow! How cool is that??
Moon reflects radio signals... very weakly... on 2 meters the max disance I can work is around 1800 miles, using the moon I can work the opposite side of the planet! Very technical part of the hobby, lot of building of stuff etc. Why I enjoy it, I like to tinker!

My 2 meter antennas tracking the moon, lower bright spot is a streetlight...

·
I Stand With Talon
6,490 Posts
Moon reflects radio signals... very weakly... on 2 meters the max disance I can work is around 1800 miles, using the moon I can work the opposite side of the planet! Very technical part of the hobby, lot of building of stuff etc. Why I enjoy it, I like to tinker!

My 2 meter antennas tracking the moon, lower bright spot is a streetlight...

View attachment 73307
Dang girl! I wanna come play radios at your house. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
I run high power too, 1,000 watts on 2 meters, 750 on 70cm, 550 on 23cm...

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Baking... but hey, at least I got the yard work done before 11a. The problem is 106° is just hot no matter what the humidity. And with the breeze, even being in the garage had me feeling like a turkey in a convection oven.

And mom called freaking out and asking me how to get the hook out of this guy safely. With no gloves, no mat, and no long jaw needle nose pliers to function as big boy hemostats...I told her to cut the leader as close to the hook as possible because they were running barbed circle hooks and it's set in the corner of his mouth so it won't harm him any worse than it already has.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
Talking with one of the neighbors. He owns a bunch of land, houses and trailers. He has a bid for a 1000sqft house shell for $28K from a steel building company. That is the roof, exterior walls, 4" slab and water line stubbed up in the slab! I need to talk with those boys. Their son is getting his shop put in by that builder really soon.

He is hooking me up with a surveyor for stacking off the Tweekerville Plantation. Also gave me a great idea about disposing of the trailer that's there. Rent a trackhoe and get a dumpster to crush it up into it!

Reactions: Rerun
6601 - 6620 of 6623 Posts