Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
6621 - 6640 of 6680 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Talking with one of the neighbors. He owns a bunch of land, houses and trailers. He has a bid for a 1000sqft house shell for $28K from a steel building company. That is the roof, exterior walls, 4" slab and water line stubbed up in the slab! I need to talk with those boys. Their son is getting his shop put in by that builder really soon.

He is hooking me up with a surveyor for stacking off the Tweekerville Plantation. Also gave me a great idea about disposing of the trailer that's there. Rent a trackhoe and get a dumpster to crush it up into it!
Strip the frame and axles from under it, guys make them into big flatbed trailers!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Working on irrigation system, and the sides for the amplifier rack. that need sanding, priming, sanding again, then another coat of primer. And I need to cut a rectangular hole in one for the antenna, input cable, and keying cable feedthru's. 19 inch rack cabinet for those familiar with them. I was going to have custom aluminum rack front panels made, have them powder coated... then had a thought... my desk is all red oak so why not make panels from 1/4 inch red oak plywood and stain it to match the desk. Cost will 1/20th the aluminum runs! Sides will be painted satin black and clear coated. Get the 3 Beko amplifiers all connected properly, right now I just have cables running out the side of the rack where the side panel is supposed to be. Looks like crap!

Reactions: FlashBang

·
I Stand With Talon
6,514 Posts
Working on irrigation system, and the sides for the amplifier rack. that need sanding, priming, sanding again, then another coat of primer. And I need to cut a rectangular hole in one for the antenna, input cable, and keying cable feedthru's. 19 inch rack cabinet for those familiar with them. I was going to have custom aluminum rack front panels made, have them powder coated... then had a thought... my desk is all red oak so why not make panels from 1/4 inch red oak plywood and stain it to match the desk. Cost will 1/20th the aluminum runs! Sides will be painted satin black and clear coated. Get the 3 Beko amplifiers all connected properly, right now I just have cables running out the side of the rack where the side panel is supposed to be. Looks like crap!
I'm sure you're going to have a fan panel moving the air, the amps can get warm on long QSO's. Even FT8 can warm them up if you're going for grids one after another. Cable management is an ongoing thing, seems like once you get them all tidied up you move or add something and have more cable mess. Someday I'll get up your way and visit to see your shack. I've got to get a good auto-tune HF antenna setup with a 500w mobile amp so I can work the bands while traveling around. Around here 146.520 is dead so no action on there when driving, so I figure I'll work HF phone instead.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
I haven't rewired the back of my radio desk in years... it is a rats nest and needs to get sorted! Get data cables away from audio etc...

Rack will have a filter low down for inlet air, and fans up high for venting. Going with 3 fans, each set to turn on at progressively higher temps. And yes those solid state amps can crank some heat! Not as bad as tube amps but still enough to be a problem.

The entrance panel is copper for a single point ground, Alpha Delta lightning protectors mounted on it with a 1" wide strap going out thru the wall 6' away to the main ground rod.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
RAIN! Not very heavy but I will take it!

Reactions: 1024Megabytes

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
New plano hard shell bow case I ordered Friday showed up this morning... without the straps or arrow holders. Guess I'll have to call them Monday morning to get them to send me some. Other than that I finished the bathroom project with two coats of primer and got it cleaned, packed up all but the Glock and AR, broke down the gun rack and got it wrapped up in foam, packed up one bow in the other hard case, packed up my hunting gear and of uniforms, you get the gist...

Tomorrow I'll finish the hallway flooring, then trim out and paint the baseboards.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Playing on the radio with field day, 6 meters is open, 2 meter tropo ducting is trying to make it to my area.

·
I Stand With Talon
6,514 Posts
Playing on the radio with field day, 6 meters is open, 2 meter tropo ducting is trying to make it to my area.
I need to get a piece of good cedar to redo my window pass through with the bulkheads so I can get my shack back up and running. Having a tree that fell from all the rain cleaned up that just missed my 43' vertical when it came down. Since I finally fully retired from everything I've got time to play radios whenever I want.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Drilling mounting holes in this, and using a death wheel on the rack cabinet side to make a mounting hole for it. 6 meters, 2 meter, 70cm, and 23cm amplifier rack entrance/lightning protection panel. Square blocks are lightning arrestors, row of 4 connectors are amplifier in, 4 RCA connectors are push to talk lines to switch amps on. Need to built preamp interlock stuff yet so all preamps switch off when I transmit(if I don't blown preamps can result). Preamps are all mast mounted at the antennas and transmitting on 2m can blow a 432 preamp just from the sheer amount of RF at it.

The single bolt is where the 1" wide tinned copper mesh strap will go out through the wall to a ground rod. Need to add another 2" pvc conduit thru the wall to my cable entrance box. Current one is packed tight and I can't get anymore cables through it. Will need to bring in another coax run, 1/2 inch hardline and the ground strap needs to go out through it.Plus another rotor cable for tower #3.

The lightning arrestor holes started out lined up, my step bit walked to the side. I need to replace that bit. Nobody will see it, that side faces a corner LOL

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
Sitting here pissed off and hung over, possibly still intoxicated, with a packed up house and nowhere to go.

Something told me not to tell the landlord I was leaving, so I didn't. Something felt a wee bit shady, and I let it play out. Just had that nagging feeling in the back of my mind and it was right. She went full redhead on me and blocked all communication with me because of something I said to one of her friends.

So now I get to unpack my house and finish remodeling it. New roof goes on the main house Saturday, I'll do the garage and carport roofs myself. Both need new fascia and the main house needs new soffits. So I get to finish the house inside and out while my kids graduates high school. Then I'll move on... Mom still says I need to move back to NC and live on the beach.

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts
Sitting here pissed off and hung over, possibly still intoxicated, with a packed up house and nowhere to go.

Something told me not to tell the landlord I was leaving, so I didn't. Something felt a wee bit shady, and I let it play out. Just had that nagging feeling in the back of my mind and it was right. She went full redhead on me and blocked all communication with me because of something I said to one of her friends.

So now I get to unpack my house and finish remodeling it. New roof goes on the main house Saturday, I'll do the garage and carport roofs myself. Both need new fascia and the main house needs new soffits. So I get to finish the house inside and out while my kids graduates high school. Then I'll move on... Mom still says I need to move back to NC and live on the beach.
Damn! Here I am trading pleasantries with another redhead.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
At work today I challenged a guy about six years younger than me to a 100 yard dash race. A guy in his twenties decided to also run the race with us. I was right on the heels of the guy who was about twenty-six at the finish line and I beat the other guy by about eight feet. Not bad for a guy around forty-five years old.

That "Relief Factor" that I have been taking has helped out my joints. I feel thirty-nine years old today.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts
I have a first date with a very beautiful woman. What to do on a first date? Go to the range of course! My sister said, "take her shooting." I asked her and she said, "yes sounds great! And I am well stocked on ammo!" :love:

I have to spice up a shoulder roast. Why bring flowers when you can bring beef?

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
Going to go announce the parade today. 42 entries, I’m told. Then go practice singing “My Country ‘Tis Of Thee” so I can sing in Church tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Mow weeds off in the lawn, start food prep for tomorrow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a first date with a very beautiful woman. What to do on a first date? Go to the range of course! My sister said, "take her shooting." I asked her and she said, "yes sounds great! And I am well stocked on ammo!" :love:

For our first date I took my wife to a gun show.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Cooking, some of the food went on at 4AM, last just went on 30 minutes ago... Brisket is close to coming off, that will get foiled and go in the cooler to keep warm...

6621 - 6640 of 6680 Posts