Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
6641 - 6660 of 6680 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have a first date with a very beautiful woman. What to do on a first date? Go to the range of course! My sister said, "take her shooting." I asked her and she said, "yes sounds great! And I am well stocked on ammo!" :love:

I have to spice up a shoulder roast. Why bring flowers when you can bring beef?
Well ?????

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Cleaning BBQ pit, cooler meat rested in, serving table... making sure garbage and recycling get in the cans out front... hot day yesterday but fun cookout. Before the beer came out we played with the crossbow pistol. At 10 yards it buried the bolts to the tail fins in a 350feet per second rated bow target! I use it for rabbit control. Quieter than the 22... and I found some mini broad head bolts for it! Want to make an adapter to hold a fishing reel and use it for spring carp in shallow water. Would be a blast!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
Honestly? Trying to stay busy cleaning the house with the music bumping in an attempt to stave off a very dark mood. I tried to go out to the lake with a bunch of friends for the weekend. I was there for all of 20 minutes in the past 3 days. I dropped off a case of beer, replaced the torn pull down strap on the camper awning, brought out the back up generator, brought home the dead generator, and diagnosed a plumbing leak due to them not winterizing the camper last year like I told them to.

Spent $50 on fuel and beer then drove 90 minutes round trip for a 20 minute hi/bye.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts
Well ?????
It was very-very nice. She's one of a kind. We had a great time to say the least. Her favorite gun of her own is a bobbed hammered S&W .357. She really liked my 43X, and the roast. We had that to snack on. We had the pistol range, and the rifle range to ourselves. Business was slow, weather was perfect.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Went under anesthesia today for the first time for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Both went well and over all I'm pretty healthy, I have a small hiatal hernia so now it's time to change my diet and try to lose a little more weight.

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
Cooking, some of the food went on at 4AM, last just went on 30 minutes ago... Brisket is close to coming off, that will get foiled and go in the cooler to keep warm...
That makes it a warmer, not a cooler. :LOL:
Out here, the Dutch oven guys all get silly and call them a “hotter”.

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts
Went under anesthesia today for the first time for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Both went well and over all I'm pretty healthy, I have a small hiatal hernia so now it's time to change my diet and try to lose a little more weight.
I am going to try an apple every day to combat my diagnosed hiatal hernia from the 80's.

Reactions: Newman31B

·
Registered
850 Posts
I am going to try an apple every day to combat my diagnosed hiatal hernia from the 80's.
Man if you have had one that long then I guess there's really not a whole ton to worry about then huh? I've never heard of them before yesterday. Just the common one you get in your lower abdomen.

I'm glad your date went well too btw

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
Man if you have had one that long then I guess there's really not a whole ton to worry about then huh? I've never heard of them before yesterday. Just the common one you get in your lower abdomen.

I'm glad your date went well too btw
Most hiatal hernias don't even require treatment. It's literally adjusting your diet and portion control.

Just FYI: Hiatal and epigastric hernias are the two most common hernias...lol. Diaphragmatic hernias just don't make it in to medical drama as often as the abdominal ones because common folk don't read images, but everyone can gross out over the softball sized lump poking out of an actor's belly.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Gimping around looking like a hunchback... back spasm Wednesday dropped me to my knees... heating pad helps a little but it mainly needs to heal on its own. I wonder if it is also a pinched nerve or I ruptured another disc... felt something give when it happened. Need to get some meds at Walmart today so will get some walking in, best thing for it even if it hurts to walk.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Most hiatal hernias don't even require treatment. It's literally adjusting your diet and portion control.

Just FYI: Hiatal and epigastric hernias are the two most common hernias...lol. Diaphragmatic hernias just don't make it in to medical drama as often as the abdominal ones because common folk don't read images, but everyone can gross out over the softball sized lump poking out of an actor's belly.
That makes me feel a lot better. I was worried it would be a lot of changes. Ive been doing a great job running regularly and don't want to have to give that up. I got my last two mile below 16:30.

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
That makes me feel a lot better. I was worried it would be a lot of changes. Ive been doing a great job running regularly and don't want to have to give that up. I got my last two mile below 16:30.
Well now some of them require surgery so they can stuff your stomach back in to your abdomen, below the diaphragm, and get it out of your thoracic cavity. Part of your stomach basically puked itself up in to where you breath then got trapped and inflamed. So you might be on antacids for a bit, maybe an anti inflammatory, and you'll have to cut down on greasy and acidic foods. Maybe take an antacid at bedtime to cut down on reflux.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Still a gimp but not as hunched over. Doing stretches and walking to loosen the back muscles up. Been 2 years since a spasm this bad!

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
Making my landlord a happy camper.

Still needs one custom cut piece in the boy's doorframe, 6 transitions, and a final trim out with shoe molding. I did undercut the entire length of baseboard and door casing so it doesn't NEED the trim, but I like the finished look of it so it's happening. Even if it is just a series of small back cut 45's.

20210709_102848.jpg
20210709_102948.jpg
20210709_102830.jpg
20210712_181440.jpg
20210712_181503.jpg
20210712_181513.jpg

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
I was looking at the “before” pics wondering what kind of messed up vintage flooring that was that you were putting in!😂

As usual, the after pics look good. 👍

We started football “camp” today, 6-10 PM, and again tomorrow, then all day Wednesday with scrimmages against two other teams, then Thursday morning with one of them that will stay overnight in our gym. Our kids camp out in our other gym, it’s a great adventure.😆
36 kids, we’re pre-season favorites, but our first 5 games are against the the other 3 top teams in our classification, one that’s one class larger, and one team that is two classes larger. All spread teams, which we aren’t, really. We could end up 5-0, or 0-5 starting region play.

·
Administrator
24,594 Posts
I really wanted to save it but after 8 years of being soaked in animal excrement that bled through the carpet and padding, I'm lucky I got the smell out and didn't have to tear out everything...

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Sneezing from mowing yesterday, what a dust storm... I might have to start poisoning some gophers. The gopher mound dust storms sucked!

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
Debating renting a mini excavator, I need two 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 5 foot deep holes dug... versus killing my back and digging by hand...

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
That’s funny. You literally cannot dig a 5 foot deep hole here by hand. Well, maybe you could, but it would take most of a day or two, using picks and breaker bars, and you’d end up with a small pile of dirt, a large pile of gravel, and a huge pile of rocks.

6641 - 6660 of 6680 Posts