Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
6981 - 7000 of 7022 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I spent yesterday digging through my ammo bin - found I only had 10 rounds of .45ACP JHP for my JHP.
And,
about 125 rounds of ball.

Need to go shopping for another 250 - 350 rounds.

eldar

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Hauling in pellets and getting ready for tonight snowstorm. And the cold temps behind it.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Casted about 300 bullets for my 22-250 today. Tomorrow I'll be gas checking and getting ready to powder coat. First I need to find a air fryer basket like my wifes that has smaller mesh size, quarter inch is too big. So, a trip to the 2nd hand shops and possibly Wally World.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Watching the snow blow around... not sure how much I got, 2-3 inches maybe... yard is bare in a lot of spots. Temps slowly dropping all day so far from the 33 at midnight, 18 now...-9 for tonight's low.Will call the co-op after the wind dies down to come clear the snow plow mess at the end of my driveway. Weird wind direction... NE during a snowstorm is unusual, NW and SE are more common. It is causing a deift at the end of the driveway from where I have been blowing snow into a pile.

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,985 ·
Just got back to Flo-ri-duh from New England. Now playing catch-up.

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Casted about 300 bullets for my 22-250 today. Tomorrow I'll be gas checking and getting ready to powder coat. First I need to find a air fryer basket like my wifes that has smaller mesh size, quarter inch is too big. So, a trip to the 2nd hand shops and possibly Wally World.
You can shoot cast bullets out of a .22-250?

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Playing n the radio all weekend, it is a contest to see who can score the most contacts/points.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Kinda the same here, taking care of mom (dementia, like Biden, but she's not taking all the same drugs he gets) so it's nice to have a weekend off.
That's rough, but might be a plus if she's once again living in a world where Ronald Reagan or Trump is still sitting in the White House.

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
You can shoot cast bullets out of a .22-250?
Basically you can shoot cast out of any caliber. Just have to watch the type of bullet and the muzzle V. Mary is playing with alloys to try to boost everything to "normal" velocity. If you use gas checked bullets (boolits to purists) You can go to about 15-1600 FPS, maybe more depending on your alloy and other factors. Without a gas check, I like to stay under 1000 FPS, since I use a fairly soft alloy and get leading between about 850 and and 950.

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Moving snow. And clearing snow off the roofs. Only took 4hrs. I'll probably be crippled tomorrow.
That's not even funny. Been there. No fun at all, especially the roof. Supposed to hit here tomorrow evening. Total estimate is revised down, but we know how right weather forecasters are

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Anybody here got an Echo Dot (Alexa)?
I actually have 3, 1 in the bedroom, i1 in the kitchen, and 1 upstairs. Mainly use them for getting the time or weather, but they also make good timers and alarms.

This morning I woke up with a sore throat. I usually get that if I snore but I only snore when on my back and I rarely sleep in that position.

So just for S&G I asked..."Alexa, did I snore last night?" She came back with "I didn't detect any snoring in the last 24hrs"!!!

So yeah, these things definitely monitoring what is going on in your home. But just for laughs, if any of you have one and also snore, try it out next time just to see what kind of answer you get and post your findings.

If the thing can detect snoring, what else can/will it do, detect the covid?!?!?!

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
That's rough, but might be a plus if she's once again living in a world where Ronald Reagan or Trump is still sitting in the White House.
Dementia, not oldtimers...

One of her in home nurse people (speech therapy) asked if she knew who was POTUS...? Her answer:
"I don't remember his name, but I know he's an asshole"

:rotfl:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Anybody here got an Echo Dot (Alexa)?
I actually have 3, 1 in the bedroom, i1 in the kitchen, and 1 upstairs. Mainly use them for getting the time or weather, but they also make good timers and alarms.

This morning I woke up with a sore throat. I usually get that if I snore but I only snore when on my back and I rarely sleep in that position.

So just for S&G I asked..."Alexa, did I snore last night?" She came back with "I didn't detect any snoring in the last 24hrs"!!!

So yeah, these things definitely monitoring what is going on in your home. But just for laughs, if any of you have one and also snore, try it out next time just to see what kind of answer you get and post your findings.

If the thing can detect snoring, what else can/will it do, detect the covid?!?!?!
Alexa probably sends every thing it monitors to Amazon. Possibly every thing you say out loud in the house.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Alexa probably sends every thing it monitors to Amazon. Possibly every thing you say out loud in the house.
Well then they got an ear full every time one of their packages didn't make it in time.

Why anyone would actively wire their home like in 1984 voluntarily is beyond me.
I'm (1) not paranoid and (2) have nothing to hide. Besides, if some agency wanted to listen in on what I have to say there's plenty of other devices in their locker that don't have to be purchased by an individual.

Back in the 70s when I worked at NNSY one of the rumors was they had a satellite overhead keeping track of all 12,000 workers in the shipyard, where they went and what they did. Hell, all they would have to do was asked and I would have told them. Plus...if I want to hide something from anyone listening in on my Alexa(s), I can simply unplug them. 😆 :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,000 ·
I hope Alexa was listening tonight, 'cause I'm beginning to compile data for my taxes.
Looks like I'm gonna be paying big time this year. :rolleyes:

6981 - 7000 of 7022 Posts