Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7001 - 7020 of 7378 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,017 Posts
I hope Alexa was listening tonight, 'cause I'm beginning to compile data for my taxes.
Looks like I'm gonna be paying big time this year. :rolleyes:
I am going to have fun with mine too. I did the basic 1040 for 2020. In 2019 I had a 10-31 exchange in there.

I have an inherited IRA that has to be depleted in less than 10 years. Pulled some of that and dropped it in my ROTH. Tried to convert the whole thing. Nope, not legal. Not if it's inherited.

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,045 Posts
Well then they got an ear full every time one of their packages didn't make it in time.

I'm (1) not paranoid and (2) have nothing to hide. Besides, if some agency wanted to listen in on what I have to say there's plenty of other devices in their locker that don't have to be purchased by an individual.

Back in the 70s when I worked at NNSY one of the rumors was they had a satellite overhead keeping track of all 12,000 workers in the shipyard, where they went and what they did. Hell, all they would have to do was asked and I would have told them. Plus...if I want to hide something from anyone listening in on my Alexa(s), I can simply unplug them. 😆 :ROFLMAO:
Ya'll know that Alexa (Siri) have a built-in rechargeable battery, right?

eldar

·
Premium Member
22,017 Posts
Anyone that thinks having these devices in their homes is fine, and you have nothing to hide? You have absolutely no clue about the real world.

·
Super Moderator
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,004 ·
Oh, c'mon now! Siri / Alexa don't eavesdrop, Apple & Amazon take our privacy very seriously. :sneaky:

Just ask Siri / Alexa, they'll tell you themselves! :whistle:

·
Premium Member
22,017 Posts
I know a guy that has 2 Alexa's in his house. He can argue with it to where it gets pissed off and will ignore him;)

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
You worry about Alexa but carry a cell phone/drive a modern car....

yeah...

Whoever monitors where my phone goes gets bored to death! Bed to my desk to bed to my desk... 2 trips to town each month...

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
22,017 Posts
You worry about Alexa but carry a cell phone/drive a modern car....

yeah...

Whoever monitors where my phone goes gets bored to death! Bed to my desk to bed to my desk... 2 trips to town each month...
What? The queen of conspiracy sides with 1984? 🤯

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,665 Posts
Apple is serious about privacy, the .GOV demanded Apple give them the keys and the backdoors to hack sone terrorists iPhones, Apple said "we'll retrieve the data for you, but you're not getting the keys" and as I recall, Apple won that round. Go pound Sand, surveillance state!!

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
C'mon folks...ya'll come on here and blab your brains out and don't seem to have a problem with that. You worry about what you want to worry about and I'll worry about what I want to worry about. Sheesh!!!
If anyone is surveilling me thru my Alexas then they are getting a lot of static.

Conspiracies my arse. If an agency wants something about you, you can bet they'll get it first and ask for forgiveness later.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
What? The queen of conspiracy sides with 1984? 🤯
reality, all the crap we own can track us these days... the zillions of cameras can track us... if they really want to follow you they will fly a sat over now and then...

·
Super Moderator
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,011 ·
The spy drone flying over my house will tell you I spent most of my day wiring my shed.

·
Premium Member
22,017 Posts
The spy drone flying over my house will tell you I spent most of my day wiring my shed.
Without a permit. The author-i-ties are very aware. BTW the conduit, has to be 4ft in the ground and covered in concrete.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Staying inside where it is WARM! -3f for the high temp today. Local railroad derailed yesterday, I pity the guys working on it. This morning they disconnects all but 3 of the rain cars and pulled them back to the other side o the crossing to open that back up. They moved a crane in to lift the engine and other three cars back on the tracks. Those guys are freezing! Talked to one of them and he came in and warmed up in front of the pellet stove for 15 minutes. Not a job to be doing in this cold! He said the rail shattered from the cold temps.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,912 Posts
Without a permit. The author-i-ties are very aware. BTW the conduit, has to be 4ft in the ground and covered in concrete.
That depends on the city code.

·
Premium Member
22,017 Posts
That depends on the city code.
Don't know. I was working with a guy who dropped out of trucking and is apprenticing to be an electrician. Told me that is new code for running to a house. I may get him to run the electric in my new house.

·
Premium Member
36,643 Posts
Apple is serious about privacy, the .GOV demanded Apple give them the keys and the backdoors to hack sone terrorists iPhones, Apple said "we'll retrieve the data for you, but you're not getting the keys" and as I recall, Apple won that round. Go pound Sand, surveillance state!!
😳
Apple is ONLY serious about privacy if they aren’t getting paid. They’ll sell your info in a nanosecond. If the .GOV had offered them 37 cents and a non-disclosure, they’d have given those phones up without blinking.

·
Super Moderator
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,019 ·
Well I sold my house, bought a brand new travel trailer, and moved 4 hours away. Getting used to camper life-
That's cool!
My SIL did the same, sold her home in Northern CA and bought herself a travel trailer plus a new truck to tow it with. Unlike you, she prefers to wander. She's crisscrossed the country half a dozen times and is due back here in a few months. We'll see how quickly she wears our her welcome this time around. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,210 Posts
That's cool!
My SIL did the same, sold her home in Northern CA and bought herself a travel trailer plus a new truck to tow it with. Unlike you, she prefers to wander. She's crisscrossed the country half a dozen times and is due back here in a few months. We'll see how quickly she wears our her welcome this time around. :rolleyes:
We are looking forward to wandering quite a bit down the road when we are empty nesters, but for now we are focused on building our dream setup.

7001 - 7020 of 7378 Posts