Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7321 - 7340 of 7370 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Where's E? We wanna see E in her new hat too!
She doesn't go on these trips. No room in the vehicle with all the kids stuff. She was down here for 2 weeks in April

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
"E" has style, she won't get that overpriced - hat Moonie is wearing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Rumor has it each hat was in excess of $100 o_O

Shoot the kid, don't be an "AFT Agent" aka Biden's Bish :ROFLMAO:
It was nicer when you were banned. She actually wants this hat
Hat Cap Fedora Costume hat Sun hat
DF

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,324 ·
Stuck doing a shitty job for the landlord. The only thing holding up the toilet was the plumbing.
Oh, man. Been there, done that. Geez, I want you to be my tenant, LOL.

It seems every single fixer-upper I've bought has bathroom issues like this. In my case, my houses (all two-families) were all built in the late 1800's / early 1900's, and originally had outhouses, so the fancy-schmancy indoor plumbing was installed well after the fact. In my first "experience", the brain trust cut right through the floor joist to install the toilet. A century later, hell yeah the floor was sagging. In another, the bathrooms were built into sleeping porches and fixing rotted joists and repairing plumbing was a super pain due to limited access. But best of all was where a genius replaced a rotted floor under the toilet with some type of bare particle board -and didn't fix the original source of the leak! I could push a screwdriver right through it. (At least it was easy to remove!)

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Starting our drive shortly. We will make it a 3 day drive. Nice and easy and no real night driving. We used to do it in 2 days but that sucks ass.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
I would take out of the way roads and sight see...
We basically do. Its only a couple of interstates East to West. Then shitty little highways going north.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
We basically do. Its only a couple of interstates East to West. Then shitty little highways going north.
The train to ND was pretty sweet, except if I do it again I will deffo get a sleeping berth. The seats are not bad, but make a lousy bed, as we were on the train at least 32 hours. A sleeper would have made it a very nice trip.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Only went to Grand Junction CO. Which is were we usually stop. Okay food and decent hotels.
I went to grand junction when I was at Halliburton I stayed at the holiday inn. I was a gold member there so they gave you 3 free drinks for every night you stayed I booked a week cause you just never knew how long the job would take so they gave me 21 free beer chips. I used them all the first night. Ended up only being there two nights.

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
I got "fired" by the landlord when the prospective tenant offered to do the work at cost with zero labor fee and take 3 months of work and have it done by Monday.

• Angry
Reactions: moona11

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,333 ·
I got "fired" by the landlord when the prospective tenant offered to do the work at cost with zero labor fee and take 3 months of work and have it done by Monday.
That'll go well.

• Haha
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
That'll go well.
🤷‍♂️ not my ..... problem anymore. I already pulled all my tools and materials out of the house. I'll finish up the paint on the ceiling i textured, because it was the last thing to do on the work order i sent him for this month, but that's it. I'm actually ahead of schedule by 2 weeks, because i couldn't do any of the flooring since he didn't show up with the bottom cabinets until..... today...... and they're IKEA.... So he literally delivered 8 boxes of parts with no countertops due to them not shipping it until next week...

It's hard to do continuous flooring in a house when you don't have everything you need...

Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
When I had a rental if the tenant said "I will do the work in exchange for rent" the first ting out of my mouth was NO! I did the work and got it done the way I wanted it. Got bit by one who said they would do it... yeah I had to rip it all out and redo it after I evicted them for non payment of rent.

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
When I had a rental if the tenant said "I will do the work in exchange for rent" the first ting out of my mouth was NO! I did the work and got it done the way I wanted it. Got bit by one who said they would do it... yeah I had to rip it all out and redo it after I evicted them for non payment of rent.
That's just it. I haven't paid more than 3 months rent since I moved in over 2 years ago because I've done all the work. I take before photos, price quality materials, write up the work orders with an abstract of what's to be done, materials cost, labor cost, and send him a signed copy that he verbally approves of or agrees to in a text or email which gets saved and filed with the work order. Then I take during and after photos to submit to him along with pictures of any unforseen issues that require modifications, which are also agreed to by text or email.

I also take pictures of all my receipts so there are physical and digital records of everything out of my own pocket, and if the price changes or I get a better discount somewhere other than my reference quote, I adjust the materials cost up or down and let him know why.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Hit the road around 8am just as we started the pass. We got stopped with some crash miles ahead of us. 2hrs later we moved 3 miles. Then traffic started up again. What a shit show. PS I know I always post how I hate Truckers. But really stay in the right lanes you slow moving MFrs. You hold up traffic for miles. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
Started out good. Cut in all of the angles, put two coats on the ceiling and the 3 closets, and the texture of just sucking up the paint, so I stopped painting the walls and reserved the last 2 gallons of paint for a third coat on the ceiling.

He's pissed because I told him I'm no longer supplying materials and it makes sense to reserve the paint for the ceiling because you can never 100% color match white paint and with it being an eggshell finish on texture and oblique lighting from the large west facing window, any variation in paint color or finish will show up like a lit cigarette on a moonless night. Told him to get another 5 gallons of the same exact paint and I'll use it on the walls...

The new tenant begrudgingly had to agree with me.

Edit:

And I dared my GP to call an ambulance when my BP was 205/119 at my appointment this morning. So he cranked ALL of my meds up to max dose until I can go see the cardiologist in 2 weeks where I'm likely to get an echo and then scheduled for a trans-esophageal echo if something is wrong.

·
Just a Man
14,264 Posts
Started out good. Cut in all of the angles, put two coats on the ceiling and the 3 closets, and the texture of just sucking up the paint, so I stopped painting the walls and reserved the last 2 gallons of paint for a third coat on the ceiling.

He's pissed because I told him I'm no longer supplying materials and it makes sense to reserve the paint for the ceiling because you can never 100% color match white paint and with it being an eggshell finish on texture and oblique lighting from the large west facing window, any variation in paint color or finish will show up like a lit cigarette on a moonless night. Told him to get another 5 gallons of the same exact paint and I'll use it on the walls...

The new tenant begrudgingly had to agree with me.

Edit:

And I dared my GP to call an ambulance when my BP was 205/119 at my appointment this morning. So he cranked ALL of my meds up to max dose until I can go see the cardiologist in 2 weeks where I'm likely to get an echo and then scheduled for a trans-esophageal echo if something is wrong.
Dammit, don't stroke out.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Almost to North Platte Nebraska 60 miles to go. Spending the night then 8 or 9 more hrs tomorrow to get home.
Sky Daytime Car Vehicle Road surface

7321 - 7340 of 7370 Posts