Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7341 - 7360 of 7361 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,573 Posts
Picking up the pieces after a bad storm yesterday. No house damage but a lot of crap blew into the yard. Tossed my large recycling garbage bin into the middle of the street! I had to run to town yesterday and about 2 miles form the house called in a wall cloud with rotation. I got the car in the garage and into the house when the wind and hail hit. 1" hail, 80mph wind gusts. The wall cloud went tornado warned 15 minutes later so I dodged a bullet. 3" of rain and river flood warnings are up. River 60 miles upstream is at record flood stage... that will hit down here this weekend. Rain melted a LOT of snow out west of me causing the flooding.

Reactions: Bull

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Just got home. Had rain the last 150 miles. Seems to be normal happens every time we drive home

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
I love rain driving NOT

It also caused the Mole/Rachiger :ROFLMAO: pajama party series, when that lovely trailer met an I-70 Indiana Pothole...

Didn't you just have the one kiddo that trip? @RACHGIER

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
I love rain driving NOT

It also caused the Mole/Rachiger :ROFLMAO: pajama party series, when that lovely trailer met an I-70 Indiana Pothole...

I had both of the twins, 1 cat (the 2nd escaped in Jamestown), and 3 pitbulls the day you saved my ass.

Tell your daughter that Shepherd is still alive in the new Mass Effect that's in development. She'll be amazed you would know that...lol

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
I love rain driving NOT

It was bad light rain. After we pulled in to town. It started to come down like MF. Thunder and lightning like crazy. Glad these dogs don't mind the noise.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
Update:

Day 2 of being fired.

The landlord asks me to look at the bathroom flooring. Layed the floor a full inch out of square over a 7ft run, didn't measure the depth of the floor so he left himself with a 1/4" gap in one corner and a two inch gap on the other because the tub steps back in relation to the shower base, square cut round corners, didn't undercut door casings or trim, and there are more gaps than a best smile contest in West Virginia...

I just leaned up against the door frame drinking coffee, chuckling on the inside...

His new guy turned on the swamp cooler which introduced humidity in to the living room which drew out all the old cat piss smell from the subfloor, which he then coated in kilz because he didn't want to listen to me that you needed to soak the floor in white vinegar to neutralize the ammonia, then soak it in bleach to stop the enzymes.

Then he decided to lay the new living room floor before the ceiling and walls got painted and didn't want to start on the far corners of the kitchen and living room then work to the middle dividing wall where the floors would eventually run on to each other through the doorway. Instead he started at the front door stepping 12" seams directly in the entryway where TADAAA everybody who came in the house would track in dirt and moisture...

·
Super Moderator
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,347 ·
Landlord gets exactly what he asked for. Cheapass labor, with really shitty results.
At least you were chuckling to yourself, I prolly would've spewed my coffee everywhere while laughing.
Coat Fireworks Entertainment Event Facial hair

• Haha
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,348 ·
he started at the front door stepping 12" seams directly in the entryway where TADAAA everybody who came in the house would track in dirt and moisture...
And this is why it pays to hire someone who knows what the fvck they're doing.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
I had both of the twins, 1 cat (the 2nd escaped in Jamestown), and 3 pitbulls the day you saved my ass.

Tell your daughter that Shepherd is still alive in the new Mass Effect that's in development. She'll be amazed you would know that...lol
Good times :LOL:

You saved your own a$$, I just provided a parking place. When you had to make that trailer "roadworthy" I was tryna dig out the old well head, Dad told me it was maybe 24 to 30" deep and it was in reality over 5' down. We had a new well put in, shortly after that. I think you helped me as much with the well project as I helped with your trailer project 💪 😎 (y)

·
Premium Member
8,573 Posts
Update:

Day 2 of being fired.

The landlord asks me to look at the bathroom flooring. Layed the floor a full inch out of square over a 7ft run, didn't measure the depth of the floor so he left himself with a 1/4" gap in one corner and a two inch gap on the other because the tub steps back in relation to the shower base, square cut round corners, didn't undercut door casings or trim, and there are more gaps than a best smile contest in West Virginia...

I just leaned up against the door frame drinking coffee, chuckling on the inside...

His new guy turned on the swamp cooler which introduced humidity in to the living room which drew out all the old cat piss smell from the subfloor, which he then coated in kilz because he didn't want to listen to me that you needed to soak the floor in white vinegar to neutralize the ammonia, then soak it in bleach to stop the enzymes.

Then he decided to lay the new living room floor before the ceiling and walls got painted and didn't want to start on the far corners of the kitchen and living room then work to the middle dividing wall where the floors would eventually run on to each other through the doorway. Instead he started at the front door stepping 12" seams directly in the entryway where TADAAA everybody who came in the house would track in dirt and moisture...
And THIS is why I quit letting tenants do repairs LOL

Reactions: adam01364

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Got my hairs cut with the beard being shaved off and restarted a few weeks ago. It was time for the hair to get trimmed up tight. A year and a half of no hair cuts i lost 9 inches today. Barber asked if i was gonna cry when he cut it off. Told him hell no get this shit off me.

·
Super Moderator
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,352 ·
Got my hairs cut with the beard being shaved off and restarted a few weeks ago. It was time for the hair to get trimmed up tight. A year and a half of no hair cuts i lost 9 inches today.
Who was yer barber? Delilah?

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
And I dared my GP to call an ambulance when my BP was 205/119 at my appointment this morning. So he cranked ALL of my meds up to max dose until I can go see the cardiologist in 2 weeks where I'm likely to get an echo and then scheduled for a trans-esophageal echo if something is wrong.
Holy crap dude! Got to the ER!

My BP jumped like that but I also had pain in the right side of my chest where it never did before.

Five hours later, I had a heart Cath with contrast and three stints in two coronary arteries. It didn’t just save my life, it also save my quality of life.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
Holy crap dude! Got to the ER!

My BP jumped like that but I also had pain in the right side of my chest where it never did before.

Five hours later, I had a heart Cath with contrast and three stints in two coronary arteries. It didn’t just save my life, it also save my quality of life.
I've been fighting with my BP for about 6 months now, and been in the ICU 4 times. My bloodwork and all testing done can't explain why my BP is doing what it's doing. I have what's considered "resistant hypertension" because I'm on 4 maxed out meds for it and nothing is working. Cardiology appointment in 8 days to see what sort of advanced testing he wants to run at his cardiac care facility an hour away. So far they've discovered no chemical or structural abnormalities that would cause this.

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts

·
Resident PITA
16,156 Posts
And Evil found out
E considers Bobbitt an amateur. Toss it out the car window? She would have force fed it to him.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Making supper and watching TV. Last day of vacation. Tomorrow night back to sitting on my ass watching tic toks while my machine makes parts.

7341 - 7360 of 7361 Posts