Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7481 - 7500 of 7592 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Riding the roller coaster. Sweetie is a traveling nurse. He contract is up July 2nd. She has tried to re-up. No word on that. She has a house in North Carolina. Grandkids there. She bid on 2 positions in NC within 2hrs of her home. No word on them. One called her and is supposed to get back with her.

Money for the traveling nurses has fallen. Post covid they are finding places to land so demand is down. They want her to become a regular up the street from here. It's not enough money. I told her to go back and make her $50+ an hour where she quit last year. They regularly contact her.

·
Premium Member
8,678 Posts
Anyone want biting flies? I am tired of them! Came in from the garden yesterday and my socks were speckled with blood from bites. At least 20 per leg and I killed 3 dozen of the rotten little... (self censoring here LOL). I tried ot cook a steak last night, they swarmed it as soon as I got outside. They look for blood to feed on so they can lay eggs and raw steak had blood... and ITCH after they bite...

I would rather deal with mosquitoes, I can spray 98% deet on my socks and very few bites! My neighbor was trying to pick strawberries back in her shady area and she was getting bit so bad she had to quit. Deet does zero to keep the flies off. Acts as a buffet sign LOL

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Did mowing yesterday and lots of grass grew in the couple weeks I didn't mow. I brought out the grass rake and did some hay-rows and broke up the rows into grass piles. Took these piles and distributed the grass around plants and trees to break down and renourish the roots of plants. Yard looks better and next mowing won't be as hard and slow with all the old grass sitting on top and collecting around the mower deck as I cut.

Also, couldn't figure why my Triumph motorcycle all sudden didn't want to run well this past week when starting up and cutting off choke. I had to take the bike on a trailer to get safety inspected for plate renewal. I gave a good close look at the carbs today and noticed that the right carb's choke linkage had somehow slipped out of the choke bracket. Disconnected bracket and re-attached to the choke slide and everything is back to normal.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
Taking the day off. Just worked 6 in a row. Going to a Dr visit a 100 miles away in Monday morning. For my foot pain. Hopefully I can get something done about it tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
Day 5 of an upper respiratory infection. PT in the pool tomorrow morning and cardio tomorrow afternoon in Pueblo, but hey... at least I get full access to the gym as long as I'm a patient in the PT clinic.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
Day 5 of an upper respiratory infection. PT in the pool tomorrow morning and cardio tomorrow afternoon in Pueblo, but hey... at least I get full access to the gym as long as I'm a patient in the PT clinic.
Get better old man.

I got a steroid shot in the foot and put in a boot for a few weeks. Its some tendon issue on the leg and foot outside.
Clothing Water Leg White Shorts

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
It was one of those endless pools, so that was cool. Decided to head up to Pueblo early for lunch and Lowe's to pick up fencing materials.

Reactions: Rerun and moona11

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
First of three days off.

After getting home at 4:00 AM, I tried to get seven straight hours of sleep - no go. Sister arrives at 8 O'Clock and starts banging deck screws into the deck out back.

She got mad and left after I yelled at her - sheese!

Up at 10:00 AM. Got out my DeWalt 18 volt screwdriver and started replacing the damaged screws.

Broke at noon for lunch - pimento grilled cheese sandwiches and iced tea.

Read some David Drake - Hammer's Slammers - a book about a bunch of heavy boozers.

Dinner - ate out at Luby's - chicken fried steak, broccoli, fried red potatoes, iced tea.

Did my weekly wash.

Bed at 9:00 PM. Working on emails, forums.

Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
2 am wife calls and said I needed to come home. The mastiff and shepherd got into another fight. Shepherd needs to go to the pet ER. She needs stitches from her eye to the bottom of her lip. She got flaid up good. So we drove the 100 miles. They said it would be 6 hrs before she is seen. So we leave the dog there and go home. Come 8 am wife and kids drive back to get the dog and they still don't know when they will get this dog fixed up. Evil calls our vet and she said take her out of the ER and bring her back to Jamestown. She will get her fixed up. So we had to pay $170 for the ER to do absolutely nothing and they wanted to charge $700 for the surgery if they did iit. Our vet did it for $140. I'm never bringing a pet to the Fargo animal hospital ever again

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
That sucks. Ridiculous garbage. My vet retired a few weeks ago, now I have to deal with the crappy one by Walmart.

• Sad

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
That sucks. Ridiculous garbage. My vet retired a few weeks ago, now I have to deal with the crappy one by Walmart.
They don't even let you stay with the animal. You have to go out to your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
$2400 to the local vet. ACL surgery on my 7yo mutt. 2 stainless plates. Never saw the doctor. He has a bunch of women working there. One came out when I picked her up. Handed me the drugs, went over everything. GF took her in for the 2 week check. Didn't see the doc either. Dog is doing pretty good.

Sucks about your dogs fighting @moona11. My little stint with the 2 dogs fighting got cured without me having to put one down or give her up for adoption.

Meanwhile I lost all water pressure here at the house. Looked in the crawl space and no leaks. Went out to the yard. I have a gurgling leak on the edge of the street on the water company's side of the meter. I am waiting for their arrival. Hopefully they won't have to dig under my fence and leave an escape hole for the girls to wander the neighborhood.

4:30am comes early!

·
Premium Member
8,678 Posts
Sneezing, headache from hell... damn weather change has my sinuses hating on me.

BBQ yesterday as I dodged rain showers, 8 pound chuck roast, 2 slabs of St.Louis cut spare ribs(I put the rib tips in the freezer to smoke another day, with just S&P. Thent hey go in a crock pot full of kraut to cook down and fall apart), potato saad, tuna noodle salad, coleslaw rounded out the menu. Along with beer!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
843 Posts
Enjoying the day off and relaxing. My workplace for some reason also gave us the day after off with pay, but I signed up to work it tomorrow. With Bidenflation, I need all the money I can get.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
I was enjoying the AC and playing Ghost of Tsushima on the PS4, but the brain housing group took a hard left mid-slash so I dropped the katana and wandered out to the shop to replace the carb on the mantis. Well you can't replace a carb without a test fire and then you might as well function test it while it's running... So I knocked down the 6" hump of yard that's been trapping water on the patio for 2 years.
Plant Grass Groundcover Landscape Soil

Then I was like, okay let's fire up the new post hole digger too! Yeah well Crappy Contractors 'R' Us lied when they said they pulled the old posts AND the concrete when the fence had to be removed for the sewer line work.

Automotive tire Wood Tread Motor vehicle Tire

Plant Wood Land lot Road surface Grass

I just wanted to play video games, grill up some steaks, corn, and potatoes for dinner with the boy, then chill with the woman for the rest of the night..... I think I have ADD...

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
I got home from work about 0400, slept 'til 1100 and vegged in bed until 1215 when my dad and his friends appeared and we played straight dominoes until 1600 - everybody but me won at least one game.

I served fresh brewed Folger's drip coffee and tea cakes, Graham crackers, and Summer sausages with sharp cheddar cheese and triscuits.

Went over to the storage unit and continued inventoring the filing cabinets - I have three five drawers to go.

Finding all sorts of stuff I had forgotten I had.

Rerun

·
Registered
843 Posts
I got home from work about 0400, slept 'til 1100 and vegged in bed until 1215 when my dad and his friends appeared and we played straight dominoes until 1600 - everybody but me won at least one game.

I served fresh brewed Folger's drip coffee and tea cakes, Graham crackers, and Summer sausages with sharp cheddar cheese and triscuits.

Went over to the storage unit and continued inventoring the filing cabinets - I have three five drawers to go.

Finding all sorts of stuff I had forgotten I had.

Rerun
I love sharp cheddar (actually extra sharp the most) but nobody else around here will touch it.

·
Premium Member
8,678 Posts
I love sharp cheddar (actually extra sharp the most) but nobody else around here will touch it.
Exta sharp white cheddar is hands down my favorite! I buy the big 2 pound block of Cabot. I occasionally splurge on some 5 year aged cheddar. That stuff is off the charts good but a rare treat due to price!

Reactions: Troubleshooter
7481 - 7500 of 7592 Posts