Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7521 - 7540 of 7592 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Trying to not pee on the floor as I use a walker to get my fat butt into the bathroom. Between the meds and being old, control is not what it used to be.😱

Recovering from a partial knee replacement, the nurses are telling me my “pain is a 7” is everyone else’s 15, I’m using half what the usual patient uses in the way of pain meds. Had surgery at about 9 AM, and “walked” about 150 feet with a walker at 4 PM, which again, the nurses tell me is crazy. I’m thinking it may have been too much….this crap hurts. But they told me, get it moving, the secret to full motion and strength is to get after it. So I did.

Today they unwrap it and let me see the incision, then if I’m a good boy I get to go home. Which worries me. The nurses waking me up every two hours is probably how I managed to not pee the bed🤪. Thankfully, I get to sleep fast once I turn on the CPAP machine, so I’m not missing out on the Zzzzzz’s.

Really not sure about the meds at home. I usually don’t use but about 25-30% of the pain meds they give when it’s a “take as needed” deal. But in order to push recovery, I probably need to use more this time. We’ll see, I guess. I’m certainly not going to be at football practice for a week or more.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
Do the PT... My dad and his brother both had double knees done. Dad did the PT. We golfed, and he played ball with his grandkids up until the day before he died. Uncle David decided money was more important. He had to install a stair chair in his million dollar home and rarely leaves the 1st floor.

·
Premium Member
8,678 Posts
Do the PT... My dad and his brother both had double knees done. Dad did the PT. We golfed, and he played ball with his grandkids up until the day before he died. Uncle David decided money was more important. He had to install a stair chair in his million dollar home and rarely leaves the 1st floor.
Always do the PT after ANY surgery that requires it! I do PT for my back 3 days a week to keep things stronger. It has kept me out of a wheelchair! My back doc shakes his head and tells me there is no way I should still be walking. I am to stubborn to give in!

Reactions: RACHGIER

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
Always do the PT after ANY surgery that requires it! I do PT for my back 3 days a week to keep things stronger. It has kept me out of a wheelchair! My back doc shakes his head and tells me there is no way I should still be walking. I am to stubborn to give in!
Absolutely. I STILL do my PT stretches and exercises from 10 years ago. Still not sure how my back will hold up to ranching and horses...

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Worked today, even though I’m recovering from my high school “mega-reunion” (1978-1997) weekend. I graduated 1988 and the class only had 132 people in it. I think total enrollment never exceeded 600 kids. School is still around.

It was great being around many who attended. Some I just never knew, but all were good people.

Friday night get together was supposed to only be about 30 people, ended up over 140.

Saturday a few of us go together early and then helped do set up in the ballroom. Then about 350 attendees.

Very sad so many were unable to attend because they have already passed on.

Reconnected with lots of old classmates, it’ll be fun seeing how long they last as a Facebook friend

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,527 ·
Definitely do the PT and try to stretch the goals beyond what they set for you. When I had to have my hip replaced (which I fully admit is easier than a knee) I was told I would never regain the range of motion I had before my injuries (which occurred 20 years prior to replacement). I worked my tail off, and today you'd never know I had it replaced.

Hang in there Ajole!

Hairstyle Smile Hat Human Sun hat

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
If I didn't have at least two days off, I'd probably switch jobs. I ride one of those standup forklifts daily and by the end of the week my back and feet are sore and needing a break from it.
We normally work 4 days. Or in my case 4 nights. I've been doing a lot of OT.

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Beekeeping is on my to do list. I did it for 2 years. Drought, and not enough time to tend to them back then. The yellow jackets were invading the hive and eating the babies. I needed to feed them in the drought time.

I used to be able to open the hive without a suit. You can listen to them and hear if they are happy or pissed.

Reactions: shaner

·
Premium Member
8,678 Posts
NASCRASH... watch it mist just enough to make working outside not an option.

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
It's August. Last year Walmart did an entire isle of Yuengling Oktoberfest. It was gone within 3 days. That was it for the year at Walmart. I better get up there just in case it's on the floor.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Beekeeping is on my to do list. I did it for 2 years. Drought, and not enough time to tend to them back then. The yellow jackets were invading the hive and eating the babies. I needed to feed them in the drought time.

I used to be able to open the hive without a suit. You can listen to them and hear if they are happy or pissed.
Yeah my son does that to. He might get a little sting but not often. He caught a wild swarm this year. When it dropped out of the tree it filled a 5 gallon bucket all most full. He stuffed them in a extra hive He had and by golly they stayed.
Plant Cloud Sky Tree Branch

Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Flowering plant Shrub

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Headed back to the salt mines!

7521 - 7540 of 7592 Posts