Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7561 - 7580 of 7723 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Working on tower stuff... have to stabilize a 10' tower section during the pour, and a shorter 5' in the second tower pour. Making some stakes from rebar to hold the wood frame in place that will support the tower, no form needed since this is allin ground pour that I slightly mound up to the tower base legs so water runs off. Need to make a trip to town for 2 8' 4x4's to cut into spacer blocks to hold things up off the concrete. I like th eedges poured even with the top of the dirt, lets me mow across the edge for no trimming needed!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
26,373 Posts
I HATE painting. My least favorite thing to do... I will take a case of athletes foot over painting...
Take the thing you hate and get good at it. Then it's easy to do and you can get it out of the way quickly.

·
Premium Member
22,281 Posts
Went to a local gun show. Passed on a really good deal. Stainless S&W 10mm, 5 mags. $640 asking price!

Got some Remington education. Back in 1962 They made a chrome plated Nylon 66. Asking price $1000. It looked pretty nice.

Back in the day if you were a Remington chainsaw dealer they gave you Remington Nylon 66's!! Old dude told me his dad was a dealer and handed them out to his relatives.

Reactions: Rerun and shaner

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Take the thing you hate and get good at it. Then it's easy to do and you can get it out of the way quickly.
I am good at it... never use tape, I can cut a very straight line... I just hate painting LOL it is boring, stinky(irritates my sinuses), and I would rather be doing something else!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,358 Posts
Bought a new kitchen sink facet. And supervised the youngest putting it in. Getting to old to try and fit under the sink and not feel like a truck ran over me.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Sneezing... I either picked up a summer cold or a massive allergy attack... sinus drainage has been so bad sleep while laying down has been impossible. the last 3 nights. So sleep sitting up and that plays hell with my legs swelling up.

·
Premium Member
9,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,569 ·
I either picked up a summer cold or a massive allergy attack... sinus drainage has been so bad sleep while laying down has been impossible. the last 3 nights. So sleep sitting up
Almost the same here. You have my sympathies.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,358 Posts
I woke up this afternoon stuffed up. I'm thinking its either harvest or a cold.

Back at work for 4 days. The we leave for AZ Friday at 3AM

·
Premium Member
22,281 Posts
I woke up this afternoon stuffed up. I'm thinking its either harvest or a cold.

Back at work for 4 days. The we leave for AZ Friday at 3AM
Ragweed is coming into full bloom here, especially with all the rain we've had.

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,925 Posts
Sneezing... I either picked up a summer cold or a massive allergy attack... sinus drainage has been so bad sleep while laying down has been impossible. the last 3 nights. So sleep sitting up and that plays hell with my legs swelling up.
Marshmallow Root & Mullein.
Wonder drugs of the herbal world, for allergies and congestion, drainage, etc!

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
Be careful what you wish for, Uncle!
'Swhy I said SOME. Kinda dry here, corn could use a good watering. OTOH, I have nothing but symapthy and concern for east Kentucky/west Tenn. My pastor and his wife are from that area and we're hearing all sorts of bad things after that deluge there.

• Wow
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,925 Posts
Never seen a marshmallows plant? That where marshmallows root comes from?
Yeah, I immediately envisioned flowers with white puffy centers in full bloom LOL

"Althaea is a genus of herbaceous perennial plants native to Europe, North Africa and western Asia. It includes Althaea officinalis, also known as the marshmallow plant, whence the fluffy confection got its name. They are found on the banks of rivers and in salt marshes, preferring moist, sandy soils." Wikipedia

Flower Plant Petal Herbaceous plant Terrestrial plant

Had it backwards, one mental picture was purple petals with marshmallow center :LOL:

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Got lots of ragweed but it normally doesn't affect me this bad. Has my stomach upset from the drainage... got 2 hours sleep last night... to pile on I get nerve pain across the top of my right foot that feels like someone is applying 240 volts across the foot... it comes and goes and when it hits it hurts...

So today is napping in my chair most of the day, if I am mostly vertical the sinuses drain down my throat instead of plugging up my airway making it hard to breathe. Recline my office chair back a notch, grab a pillow and the chair throw to curl up under and sleep sitting up.

7561 - 7580 of 7723 Posts