Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7661 - 7680 of 7711 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
Vac bagging the corn I blanched and cut off the cobs yesterday. My knee gave out yesterday then swelled up so I had to sit and ice it on and off until bed. Pivoting to much from sink where corn was cooling off to cutting board did it in. Getting a piece of sirloin out to marinate for fajitas tomorrow. Watching NASCRASH later... easier day to let my knee recover.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wife's at the lake.....I've been keeping the dog company at the house, and cleaning a rifle or two (can't do it all in one day, otherwise, I'd have nothing to do for a few days, and that's when the Mrs comes up with a honey-do list)

·
Premium Member
26,359 Posts
Wife's at the lake.....I've been keeping the dog company at the house, and cleaning a rifle or two (can't do it all in one day, otherwise, I'd have nothing to do for a few days, and that's when the Mrs comes up with a honey-do list)
Don't fall in to THAT trap... mine took notes about every project I've ever bragged about. Now I'm the ranch medic, mechanic, and handyman. She told her 80- something year old foreman and his son, he next foreman, about me and THEY started making lists.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Rain has interrupted my yard work.

I bought a Sunjoe Dethacther/Scarifier. I don’t think that’s ever been done for my yard, even before I bought the place six years ago. It really needs it.

I managed to get “power raking” done on 80% of the yard before the rain started. 15 lawn bags of stuff pulled up.

Once the rain stops and things dry a bit, I’ll finish power raking. Then scarify the whole thing. Then fertilize and overseed.

Hopefully there’s enough time left for the seed to grow and next spring I’ll have a nicer yard.

Or the big ole dog will stomp the life out of all the new grass

So, I’m in the house watching the weird Netflix South Korean mini-series called Hellbound.

And sorting and setting configs for games to use on my TheC64.

Gotta work out today too.

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
Other than cook supper I am doing NOTHING today... got my knee brace/wrap on and leg propped up. Going to take it easy for 2-3 days

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,917 Posts

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,224 Posts
Update on dad...

22 hours after arriving at the ER, they've finally taken him into surgery.

He's been fasting the whole time - no food or drink.

Is this normal?

Rerun

·
Premium Member
26,359 Posts
Update on dad...

22 hours after arriving at the ER, they've finally taken him into surgery.

He's been fasting the whole time - no food or drink.

Is this normal?

Rerun
Doctor's orders? Its a pre-surgical request to reduce the likelihood of vomiting during intubation and extubation, pre and post surgery respectively, unconscious people don't have a gag reflex but they can't extubate until you start showing signs of waking up from anesthesia due to the potential difficulty of placing a second tube in a freshly inflamed and irritated airway if you don't wake up, or worst case scenario, start to crash

Not letting him eat for that long means he was in the active surgery rotation but likely kept getting bumped for more emergent cases. A stable hip fracture isn't at the top of the "holy shit" list.

Good luck to the old man. I would say break a leg but...

Reactions: Rerun and moona11

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Cut a couple small 4x8 trailer loads of firewood today, then after getting home and cooled off after getting some lunch, walked over to my mom's home and chatted a bit with her. She then asked me if I brought home a trunk from the military from when I was in. Don't think so, let me look. Yep, a footlocker. Once opened I saw green (Army). I was in Air Force (blue) in early 70's, before he graduated a year later from HS.

Inside I found a US leather pistol holster (1911), couple leather magazine holders, a kevlar(fiberglass?) helmet with MP and #205 on it, a couple MP arm bands and other odds/ends for military duty. Even had some 223 "blank rounds" for military funeral salute. Didn't know if it his stuff until I found the dress shoes with his name on them, then I knew for sure.

Unfortunately, he's been gone from this world for about 3yrs now that I think was very early stage of covid19 when nobody knew what was going on, around mid 2019. He was in a local nursing home and on oxygen, so his immunity was down and around lots of older people.

I immediately brought home his dress hat, helmet, arm band that had his squadron patch and MP on it along with some other loose squadron patches. Might go back and get the holster and mag holders, along with a couple canvas ammo pouches that I saw.

I miss you brother.

·
Premium Member
26,359 Posts
Wiring. Moving the switch for what was a randomly placed ceiling light to a more useful location.
Rectangle Door Art Window Paint

Gas Wood Concrete Composite material Event

Rectangle Wood Grey Beige Tints and shades

Gas Wood Paint Machine Concrete

Mid bathroom reno. The switch was in the corner behind the RH door. So I re-cased the door to LH, and decided I was moving the switch because it's stupid. I pulled the old paneling to discover they just glued it to the original tile. I removed the tile to discover they just glued it to the sheetrock. These geniuses also installed ceramic floor tile directly on to plywood. That also getting replaced, along with the asbestos ceiling squares.

So now the wall is down to the original rock, I used grandpa's old craftsman route to cut a groove for the wire then I'll patch it and install a custom wainscoting over. The bathroom is getting new 10mm Harrison Hickory waterproof laminate, custom shiplap wainscot, new green board ceiling, drop ceiling with lights and fart fan over the tub, pedestal sink with a pitcher style faucet, recessed mirrored medicine cabinet, lights above the sink, towel bars and hooks, train rack behind the toilet, and shower curtain rod and rings to match.

I'm not changing out the tub or the shower plumbing. The landlord can yank that ancient ass porcelain over cast tub with its horribly rusted and frozen drain plumbing with 10" of working space between the dirt and floor joists that I can't even get to because the access hole is 12"×14"...

The bathroom WAS purple with that horrid roll on texture crap that turned the walls in a leaner's worst nightmare. Not sure if moonz remembers it.

I have made it smooth again for less than $25 in materials. Labor costs on the other hand...

Brown Rectangle Wood Grey Tints and shades

Skin Finger Gesture Thumb Nail

Watch Hand Arm Gesture Sleeve

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
Wiring. Moving the switch for what was a randomly placed ceiling light to a more useful location.
View attachment 76572
View attachment 76573
View attachment 76574
View attachment 76575

Mid bathroom reno. The switch was in the corner behind the RH door. So I re-cased the door to LH, and decided I was moving the switch because it's stupid. I pulled the old paneling to discover they just glued it to the original tile. I removed the tile to discover they just glued it to the sheetrock. These geniuses also installed ceramic floor tile directly on to plywood. That also getting replaced, along with the asbestos ceiling squares.

So now the wall is down to the original rock, I used grandpa's old craftsman route to cut a groove for the wire then I'll patch it and install a custom wainscoting over. The bathroom is getting new 10mm Harrison Hickory waterproof laminate, custom shiplap wainscot, new green board ceiling, drop ceiling with lights and fart fan over the tub, pedestal sink with a pitcher style faucet, recessed mirrored medicine cabinet, lights above the sink, towel bars and hooks, train rack behind the toilet, and shower curtain rod and rings to match.

I'm not changing out the tub or the shower plumbing. The landlord can yank that ancient ass porcelain over cast tub with its horribly rusted and frozen drain plumbing with 10" of working space between the dirt and floor joists that I can't even get to because the access hole is 12"×14"...

The bathroom WAS purple with that horrid roll on texture crap that turned the walls in a leaner's worst nightmare. Not sure if moonz remembers it.

I have made it smooth again for less than $25 in materials. Labor costs on the other hand...

View attachment 76577
View attachment 76576
View attachment 76578
Lol I do remember

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
View attachment 76572
View attachment 76573
View attachment 76574
View attachment 76575

View attachment 76577
View attachment 76576
View attachment 76578
The type of wall that is great to toss a person up against in a fight LOL sand paper off their back skin as you slide them down it.

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
Finishing the tower hole out back. I bought an $89 demolition hammer to go at the hard pan clay and it is something I should have done years ago. Demo hammer will get an adapter made to drive ground rods too and that will be a shoulder saver... new tower will have 8 ground rods in an X pattern so a wee bit of work driving those 8 footers in!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Running today. Tire shop, gun store, and meat market.

7661 - 7680 of 7711 Posts